• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Refusing to open the back because of voiding warranty is a bullshit excuse. Both of my VSFs had backs that were barely finger tight. Had I not checked them they would certainly not have been waterproof. You’re ordering a product from halfway around the world and asking for photos of the most critical part of that product is not an unreasonable request.

Moe79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/21
Sydney, Australia
Refusing to open the back because of voiding warranty is a bullshit excuse. Both of my VSFs had backs that were barely finger tight. Had I not checked them they would certainly not have been waterproof. You’re ordering a product from halfway around the world and asking for photos of the most critical part of that product is not an unreasonable request.

Hmmm, those were indeed my initial thoughts but like i said I’m very much a junior here so trying to understand the norms in this hobby .. unfortunately i think it’s too late now because I already wired the money, but to be fair the man was honest with me and said he won’t supply me with pictures of the movement and i accepted his terms and still went ahead.

I’m sure it’ll be a wonderful first watch in all cases :)

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21

is starting to smell like fish to me......

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21
I wouldn't assume the TD is intentionally trying to hide something. I just think it's BS that they won't open the back and snap photos. Every dealer certainly has the tools to remove the back and relube the caseback seal.

Oh no trust me, i know the TD is not trying to pull a fast one on any one here. I just think is something to do with the factory it self. A couple post back i stated the same thing which i find it weird that they didn’t want to open the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
Any other dealers able to source from this factory. Not interested in dealing with one of the cartel dealers (btw, whatever happened to Josh).

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I believe he is not trusted here anymore. When I started this hobby like 15 years back Josh at Perfect Clones was like the replica dealer king with a few more actors. I personally never had any problems with him.

But then the word spread that he and some other dealers kind of threaten other (newer) dealers not to sell. So they got banned from here and other known rep-forums.

I mainly choose other TDs today as he never update the product on his page lol.

nottbear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/19
Nottingham
Was hoping to get a vsf but too late. So, this is looking like the next best option, just not sure whether to order or wait a bit longer till people start to get them and see what the reviews look like…choices choices…

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Was hoping to get a vsf but too late. So, this is looking like the next best option, just not sure whether to order or wait a bit longer till people start to get them and see what the reviews look like…choices choices…

You really have to wonder is the rep game worth it anymore given where we are at the moment when great value offerings like this are available & actually Swiss Made.

So, is a Chinese rep actually cheap anymore & the Ginault appear to be too expensive also.

Subjective of course but the question should at least be considered given all the concern, angst & suspicion of today.

SteinhartOcean1BlackCeramic1_2000x.jpg

SteinhartOcean39Explorer4_8e408961-379d-4f11-8b0e-c0a411671cba_2000x.jpg

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Can you all stop postinf bullshit on this thread? Is you want to go buy an ugly ass steinhard go ahead but in this tgread we dont fare about your opinion that is related to the rf sub.

It was simply a question to be considered PLUS there is F_ck all about an RF anyway. Will there ever be at this snail rate. Have you got a verified pic of an open case back.............of course you don't.

Nothing was being pushed on YOU or anyone else.

Relax dude, it was nothing more than a PSA.

Get over it.

BTW: The Steinhart is a great value proposition for the Rolex inclined crowd, their existence/sales support this. Have got anything to say about Tudor?

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
a PSA that nobody asked for.. Not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

Most don't ask for a PSA about many things yet they exist.................................... for you to ignore if you choose.

Simply trying achieve - "BTW: The Steinhart is a great value proposition for the Rolex inclined crowd, their existence/sales support this. "

"You really have to wonder is the rep game worth it anymore given where we are at the moment when great value offerings like this are available & actually Swiss Made."

have to read your postings but I'm not allowed..................Hypocritical of you I say.

I 'know' what you're trying to achieve here.