• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
There are two 3235. One from VR (RF, CLEAN, MI, VMF uses this movement) Dandong factory makes vs3235 (exclusively made for v6f/vs boss) mods on the movement for the vs movement (engraving) are done by a company that works for different big brands like citizen.

Thanks for the info.
In that case, would the VR3235 more reliable in view of it's reputation in the 3135 and 3185 GMT movements?

Reactions: MUFCneil

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
VR makes the 3235 movement?
My understanding is that VSF didn't use the VR movements, that's why they are called VS3235

Ok. so the movements are _not_ made by the assembly "factories". To my knowledge, there are several actual watch movement factories who make, among others, the sterile (non-engraved) base movements for the assemblers (who we call rep "factories").
  • Dandong, aka, Liaoning, aka. Liaoning Peacock Watch Company (in Dandong city which is in Liaoning province)
    • VS3135
    • VS3235
    • N4130
  • Shanghai
    • VR3135
    • VR3235
    • VR3185/6
  • Seagull
    • Many many movements
This is what I have gathered from several sources, there's probably many more.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I feel that the ecosystem of the rep game has changed after the lately severe raids. VSF had set a new standard in the rep history and has become the benchmark on the market.
Craving for top quality reps customers like us at RWI are simply skeptical about the standards of those reps coming out of the new factories mimicking the quality of VSF. Time will tell if they are really up to the par.

You’re right. From this point of view VSF seems like GEN. Imo trustworthy factories are ARF, GMF and CLEAN when it comes to Rolex.

Nassim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/20
You’re right. From this point of view VSF seems like GEN. Imo trustworthy factories are ARF, GMF and CLEAN when it comes to Rolex.

I wouldn’t put clean in that list for sure... 914L scandal, tape on bezel...

Reactions: Cadows

Moe79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/21
Sydney, Australia
Hi all, I'm new to reps but happy to take one for the team so I just ordered a 126610LN from Andrew.

I'll share QC pics once I GL mine (please correct me if what I'm doing is wrong, I've only been reading on this forum for a few days!)

I read this thread and noted that it won't be a PERFECT rep - none are really - but another concern was the lack of photos of the movement.

Before paying I asked Andrew if he'll provide QC pics of the movement, he said he won't because "opening the back will void the warranty" .. not quite sure what to make of that but thought I'd share with the community here .. I didn't even expect these to have warranty! thoughts?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi all, I'm new to reps but happy to take one for the team so I just ordered a 126610LN from Andrew.

I'll share QC pics once I GL mine (please correct me if what I'm doing is wrong, I've only been reading on this forum for a few days!)

I read this thread and noted that it won't be a PERFECT rep - none are really - but another concern was the lack of photos of the movement.

Before paying I asked Andrew if he'll provide QC pics of the movement, he said he won't because "opening the back will void the warranty" .. not quite sure what to make of that but thought I'd share with the community here .. I didn't even expect these to have warranty! thoughts?

The team thanks you mate. Yeah, most reps have a 6 month warranty, you'll have to read the dealers section for details. All the best.

Reactions: Moe79

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21
The VS3235 did have some issues for more than a few people. Balance issues, winding issues, setting lever breaking to name a few.

Setting lever? Is it this?

3f35f6f7c26a002c528182225bccaad8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
"opening the back will void the warranty"
probably the water resistance. but you can open it when you get it and you can see for yourself! but then you may want to get an air pressure test to check the seal of the case after you close it just to be sure you didnt mess it up.

Last edited: