• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

Tete

4/11/16

Mine arrived today and I think its a really nice watch, but feel free to tear it apart :)

I do not know if it will be because of the lighting, because of the quality of the photo ... but that case does look really nice, nothing to do with VSF, which was a disaster in terms of gen form.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Yep, disaster :p

20210203-161239-01.jpg

Stop being a troll man!

Reactions: KJ2020 and Mc Queen

wiseguyry

Horology Curious
10/2/20
Mine finally came! Here are my first impressions of the RF 126620LN vs. my pre-raid VSF 126610LN (clasp code 1LQ):

Dial: Let's just get this out of the way. It's way worse. The printing is faded and takes on more of a slight grey than the gen and VSF's bright white. Indices look nice though.

Date Wheel: Looks fine between the two. The RF font might be a tiny bit thicker.

Bezel: The insert looks great, although the VSF looks slightly more silvery while the RF is slightly whiter. There is also more space between the top edge of the triangle and the outer edge of the bezel insert. The bezel teeth of the RF are slightly wider at their peaks. Bezel action feels and sounds solid. It's a little harder to turn than the VSF and the clicks are a little louder.

Crystal: This has already been covered extensively. My opinion is that the extra height isn't very noticeable. The sloped edge, however, is where you can really tell a difference. It's much bigger and you can see way more reflections from the dial. Not great.

Cyclops: I generally just try to figure out how hard my eyes need to work to focus on the date. If you're handling a gen, it's effortless. You look down and see the date. Crystal clear. The VSF is the only rep I've ever handled that comes close to this level of effort, although the date does get distorted at some angles. The RF is just somehow off. The magnification and clarity aren't right. I'll leave it there as this has been covered extensively already.

Lugs: We all have that one thing that has to be right or it ruins the whole watch for us. For me, it's the lugs. I know the lugs aren't perfect on the VSF, but they're much better than whatever happened on the RF. On the VSF, it looks like the outside of the lugs come in and tuck underneath the bezel. On the RF, the outside line runs as a tangent on the bezel. The result is that there is way more of a flat surface on top of the case. It's a strange look that I've never noticed before on other reps that I've handled. The tips of the lugs are slightly fat compared to VSF.

Bracelet and SELs: Nice. SELs look better than VSF both in shape as well as depth and sharpness of the center link. The rest feels solid to me, including the clasp, which is feels firm. I'm going to see if I can swap this bracelet onto my VSF.

The rest: This is just a first impression post. I haven't formed an opinion yet on the movement, hands, rehaut, and CGs. I will say that the crown looks just fine on mine and isn't all blobby and weird looking like I saw in the person's review of the VSF kermit vs RF LN. The minute hand looks slightly longer on the RF.

Summary: That's all for now. Overall, I'm a little disappointed in it. The biggest letdowns for me are the lugs and the dial printing. These are instant giveaways and not easily fixed with mods. The crystal isn't great but it isn't as noticeable to me as others have made it seem. Against the VSF, it's inferior, but I do like the bracelet/SELs and the bezel feel better on the RF. I'll report back on fitting the RF bracelet to the VSF.

Let me know your thoughts if you've received one! Are you happy with it? How does it compare to other factories that you've tried?

Thanks everyone! I hope this is a helpful addition to the amazing reports that have already been posted here.

Last edited:

alexcast

23/6/19
Mine finally came! Here are my first impressions of the RF 126620LN vs. my pre-raid VSF 126610LN (clasp code 1LQ):

Dial: Let's just get this out of the way. It's way worse. The printing is faded and takes on more of a slight grey than the gen and VSF's bright white. Indices look nice though.

Date Wheel: Looks fine between the two. The RF font might be a tiny bit thicker.

Bezel: The insert looks great, although the VSF looks slightly more silvery while the RF is slightly whiter. There is also more space between the top edge of the triangle and the outer edge of the bezel insert. The bezel teeth of the RF are slightly wider at their peaks. Bezel action feels and sounds solid. It's a little harder to turn than the VSF and the clicks are a little louder.

Crystal: This has already been covered extensively. My opinion is that the extra height isn't very noticeable. The sloped edge, however, is where you can really tell a difference. It's much bigger and you can see way more reflections from the dial. Not great.

Cyclops: I generally just try to figure out how hard my eyes need to work to focus on the date. If you're handling a gen, it's effortless. You look down and see the date. Crystal clear. The VSF is the only rep I've ever handled that comes close to this level of effort, although the date does get distorted at some angles. The RF is just somehow off. The magnification and clarity aren't right. I'll leave it there as this has been covered extensively already.

Lugs: We all have that one thing that has to be right or it ruins the whole watch for us. For me, it's the lugs. I know the lugs aren't perfect on the VSF, but they're much better than whatever happened on the RF. On the VSF, it looks like the outside of the lugs come in and tuck underneath the bezel. On the RF, the outside line runs as a tangent on the bezel. The result is that there is way more of a flat surface on top of the case. It's a strange look that I've never noticed before on other reps that I've handled. The tips of the lugs are slightly fat compared to VSF.

Bracelet and SELs: Nice. SELs look better than VSF both in shape as well as depth and sharpness of the center link. The rest feels solid to me, including the clasp, which is feels firm. I'm going to see if I can swap this bracelet onto my VSF.

The rest: This is just a first impression post. I haven't formed an opinion yet on the movement, hands, rehaut, and CGs. I will say that the crown looks just fine on mine and isn't all blobby and weird looking like I saw in the person's review of the VSF kermit vs RF LN. The minute hand looks slightly longer on the RF.

Summary: That's all for now. Overall, I'm a little disappointed in it. The biggest letdowns for me are the lugs and the dial printing. These are instant giveaways and not easily fixed with mods. The crystal isn't great but it isn't as noticeable to me as others have made it seem. Against the VSF, it's inferior, but I do like the bracelet/SELs and the bezel feel better on the RF. I'll report back on fitting the RF bracelet to the VSF.

Let me know your thoughts if you've received one! Are you happy with it? How does it compare to other factories that you've tried?

Thanks everyone! I hope this is a helpful addition to the amazing reports that have already been posted here.

I think the same about the magnifying glass.

I think the solution would be changing the glass for a gen or a better quality aftermarket glass the problem would be where to get it? Any advice on buying a new glass?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Smekals

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/21
Dirty South, US
Well boys two weeks of wear and just looked down and the PIP dot has fallen off the watch. Any ideas as to replace it? Not seeing a whole lot via Google search.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Well boys two weeks of wear and just looked down and the PIP dot has fallen off the watch. Any ideas as to replace it? Not seeing a whole lot via Google search.

Try eBay, Aliexpress too

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Ask your TD.

Tete

4/11/16
i remember a guy going on about the way the VSF’s lugs reflect light the wrong way. Was that him?! Lol

you still don't know, the way an object reflects light is the shape and curve it really has. I am very satisfied with my VSF 116610ln, a great watch and very beautiful, but when I compare it with the gene of several friends it does not look like anything, not the bezel, not the hands, and much less the case. The crown protectors are almost identical and the glass very good, but the rest is not 1: 1 or even close. Here is a photo of a 126610lv that I found in a shop window. So far no rep looks like this, and I don't mean the bezel, dial, crystal, I mean the case and especially lugs

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
you still don't know, the way an object reflects light is the shape and curve it really has. I am very satisfied with my VSF 116610ln, a great watch and very beautiful, but when I compare it with the gene of several friends it does not look like anything, not the bezel, not the hands, and much less the case. The crown protectors are almost identical and the glass very good, but the rest is not 1: 1 or even close. Here is a photo of a 126610lv that I found in a shop window. So far no rep looks like this, and I don't mean the bezel, dial, crystal, I mean the case and especially lugs

and there will never be a representative 1: 1 as well as the gen. This is for one simple reason, if the XYZ factory put a 1: 1 on the market today it would be closed tomorrow.
do you think they are so technologically backward in china that they can't copy the shape of a box? we're talking about replicas because that's what they're born to be.

Reactions: mcboom

Tete

4/11/16
and there will never be a representative 1: 1 as well as the gen. This is for one simple reason, if the XYZ factory put a 1: 1 on the market today it would be closed tomorrow.
do you think they are so technologically backward in china that they can't copy the shape of a box? we're talking about replicas because that's what they're born to be.

I know partner, but that does not happen so much with other brands, there are replicas of Omega, Audemars piguet, which are difficult to detect. Years ago after having a sub 40 no date gen, I had a Noob v7 franken, dial, bezel, hands, DW, crystal and crown. It was useless, when compared to gen, he was still a rep and it was noticeable from afar