• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Here's something for you to consider. There a fair number of people on here who own gens and replicas. They wear their replicas when going out at night. Why ? Because if they are accosted by a dickhead with a knife who says "Hand over your watch", they will gladly do so. Rather lose $500 than $10 000. Seems sensible to me.

Good luck buying your gen. But I bet after reading this, when you go out at night, you'll be wearing your "Chinese knockoff".

Not to be a smart arse but I will have zero problem wearing it anywhere. I already own genuine Breitling, Omega & TAG watches and I wear them anywhere & anytime with zero concern.

Me? I won't own anything that I can't use or I have to put in a safe. If others do I have zero problem but it's not something I would ever do.

I currently live in a shady place & I've never had an issue. Sure, it can happen, & I'd be super pissed, but if it does it does.

BTW: I've worn my VRF Pepsi to some super shady areas, many times, and never had a second glimpse.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok... I think I need to apologize for the hornets nest I kicked when I originally asked about the power reserve of these RF subs. Let's all take a deep breath and remember that we have EXACTLY ONE DATA POINT on how long the RF 12-series subs power reserve lasts.

I recently received one of the next-gen VR3235s and can add one more data point to the PR question.

OOTB
jI1Xnc.jpg

After 40 hours from full wind
jI1T2I.jpg

It stopped about an hour later. For those who don't know, it's normal for amplitude to drop off as a mainspring winds down. S/D also drops in unison with the amplitude so that second pic is not a surprising result at all, except maybe that it occurred when it did at 40 hours.

The movement is really nice IMO, but it does not have a 72 hour PR. I never worry much about that as you can see what happens to performance when a mainspring winds down. That's why we ask TDs to wind a watch fully for a QC timegrapher pic. I may do a teardown on this movement and post some pics but it's clean and running so well it really doesn't need a servicing immediately.

Last edited:

arunasz

Looking Around
1/11/16
I recently received one of the next-gen VR3235s and can add one more data point to the PR question.

OOTB
jI1Xnc.jpg

jI1T2I.jpg

It stopped about an hour later. For those who don't know, it's normal for amplitude to drop off as a mainspring winds down. S/D also drops in unison with the amplitude so that second pic is not a surprising result at all, except maybe that it occurred when it did at 40 hours.

The movement is really nice IMO, but it does not have a 70 hour PR. I never worry much about that as you can see what happens to performance when a mainspring winds down. That's why we ask TDs to wind a watch fully for a QC timegrapher pic. I may do a teardown on this movement and post some pics but it's clean and running so well it really doesn't need a servicing immediately.

I know I am quite new to these forum aswell as movement topic. But I was just wondering is VR3235 the same as RF3235, because when I look at TD's site CF seems to have VR3235 and the one from RF has its in house movement. I just wanted to know that because I am looking at ordering RF 126610 and the main question is about its movement. Thanks.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

OOTB

The movement is really nice IMO, but it does not have a 70 hour PR. I never worry much about that as you can see what happens to performance when a mainspring winds down. That's why we ask TDs to wind a watch fully for a QC timegrapher pic. I may do a teardown on this movement and post some pics but it's clean and running so well it really doesn't need a servicing immediately.

Do you think it's a modified VR3135 with date plate that accepts 12xxxx dials without posts? Does it have the fake free sprung balance deco plate? Looks like the amplitude is consistent with fully wound VR3135 or even a VS3235 for that matter.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you think it's a modified VR3135 with date plate that accepts 12xxxx dials without posts? Does it have the fake free sprung balance deco plate? Looks like the amplitude is consistent with fully wound VR3135 or even a VS3235 for that matter.

It is a hybrid movement bro, having some 3135 parts but with a 3235 date indicator seating and datewheel. The date finger, date jumper, and date corrector are 3135 parts. It also has the dial protrusions to accommodate a 126x dial with friction fit. Interestingly, it also has dial feet holes (and edge screws) at approximately 7 and 37 minutes. 3135 dial feet are at 12 and 37 minutes.

jIX5D1.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

jIXabI.jpg

The underside more closely resembles a 3235, the rotor and automatic device.

jIXWT4.jpg

The train bridge on the VR is not gen-spec. The escape wheel has no shock absorber. And in a brilliant move IMO, the intermediate wheel that connects the crown to the ratchet wheel for winding is like the 3135 - it doesn't pop up and flex down to engage the intermediate crown wheel and yoke for sliding gear, etc. I had a lot of trouble with the VS cheap parts that were gen-spec. This should eliminate any winding issues.

jIXLMv.jpg

jIXUqj.jpg

jIXoBX.jpg

jIXm5c.jpg

The difference in the winding mechanics means the VR has a 3135 stem, and will have 3135 keyless parts. The VS (and gen) stem is much different, so it can pop the intermediate wheel up and let it flex down to engage the crown wheel.

jIXgnb.jpg

jIdzIF.jpg

The mainspring barrels look the same size, but obviously the VR does not have the longer, thinner mainspring like the VS and gen so its PR is only ~40 hours.

jIXqRi.jpg

Last edited:

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Received it today :)
Looking okay. First thing I'd noticed straight away:
Crystal is way too high, ROLEX print is "different" and cyclops seems "deeper".
jqdN5c.jpg

jqdGKb.jpg

jqdS9p.jpg

jqd0s5.jpg

jqdxDF.jpg
jqdJqt.jpg
jqdVX2.jpg
jqdcbE.jpg
jqkZQ3.jpg
jqkDUn.jpg

Thickness is 12.4mm (gen) vs 12.9mm (rep), so the difference is only 0.5mm.
However very noticeable when compared to gen.

Versus the original 126610 (gen. on the left):

jqkjRs.jpg

jqkLXP.jpg
jqkAqJ.jpg

You sure the watch on left is gen? I’d have guessed vsf. The minute hand is def too short for gen and was the tell for vsf. The longer hands are actually good. Check this pic from Rolex site.
bbf69e3cb11b9e4f8b3b00a68bdbf1c2.jpg

Reactions: mcboom

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
KJ2020 thank you brother. You go the extra mile with details and quality info that's unsurpassed. Sounds like a solid movement with an interesting mix of 31xx and 32xx. I'll be anxious to see your teardown if you choose to do one at some point.

Reactions: sukwonee and KJ2020

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
It is a hybrid movement bro, having some 3135 parts but with a 3235 date indicator seating and datewheel. The date finger, date jumper, and date corrector are 3135 parts. It also has the dial protrusions to accommodate a 126x dial with friction fit. Interestingly, it also has dial feet holes (and edge screws) at approximately 7 and 37 minutes. 3135 dial feet are at 12 and 37 minutes...

The mainspring barrels look the same size, but obviously the VR does not have the longer, thinner mainspring like the VS and gen so its PR is only ~40 hours.

Yikee Momma! Check out the watch brain on KJ!! I am very impressed! Most truly watch related and informative post I've read since my time here. Thank you and well done Sir.

Reactions: KJ2020

Bra1nbug

Big certified error
Supporter
Certified
27/9/20
The Netherlands
You sure the watch on left is gen? I’d have guessed vsf. The minute hand is def too short for gen and was the tell for vsf. The longer hands are actually good. Check this pic from Rolex site.
bbf69e3cb11b9e4f8b3b00a68bdbf1c2.jpg

Haha, I was expecting for this question sooner...
Yes I am pretty sure I have purchased a real 126610 at the Rolex AD!
Please keep in mind the angle the photo was taken.
Here's another one to "convince" you.
c849eec52c5c30228c62c79fcdee9550.jpg

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13

All good. The camera does lie after all. Or at least I need to be certain on angles before commenting.

Reactions: GottaHave

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13

Looks good I’m convinced. However I’m still confused with the comparison pic. Is the RF minute hand actually longer or is the difference a matter of perspective? It looks like the gen base is slightly elevated at bottom of picture.
7c8b151a0208b21065ba7245e3143afa.jpg

Reactions: GottaHave