• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Having resisted the urge not to wear it for a couple of days the watch ran out of power after 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"RF Factory claims to have developed their new RF3235 movement which has similar up to 72 hours power reserve as VS3235, and claims to have the best decoration details in the market."

Because we don't, or can't, interact with the factory the TD is fully responsible as it is them who advertise and take our money.

We let the TD's off ever so easily every time and complain of the factory. We should be publicly complaining about the TD and their deceitful practices.

This thread's opening post is not true and they're using this site & forum to obtain money under false pretences.

In the M2M sales we have to be fully transparent about the watch and rightfully so. With that said, shouldn't the TD's be under the same scrutiny when they post threads like this here. In fact even more so as it's their industry. My QC pics didn't show the crystal height, I asked the TD if it was all okay as they have it in their hand and they said a big yes.

Yes, of course I know this is of no surprise to any of us but it doesn't make it right. They are after all callled "trusted dealers" When will TD's be reviewed and removed from this site due to these practices. Again, they have way more experience with reps than we do plus they have them in their hand to 100% evaluate everything about said watch and they then go on to advertise/post. I don't believe this should be allowed on this website that generates sales/revenue for the TD. Illegal Reps yes, perpetual cons? No it shouldn't continue when we know their practices. I come to tis site as I trust it and I trust you guys to be open about your findings. Shouldn't this apply to TDs too.

The world today is not what it was yesterday so returns to China are no easy feat and no guaranteed when and if it arrives there.

Last edited:

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
Supporter
21/8/21
Canada
[mention]GottaHave [/mention]
giphy.gif

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
We let the TD's off ever so easily every time and complain of the factory. We should be publicly complaining about the TD and their deceitful practices.

I think we should be cautious before we jump to the conclusion that the TDs were intentionally misleading us. As the saying goes: "never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence."

Additionally, there are other explanations for the power reserve result from Deerstalker99 . It's possible that the watch wasn't fully wound when it was set down for the test (unlikely, but possible). It's possible that the example that was tested happened to be poorly assembled / lubricated thus reducing its power reserve (quite likely to be honest). It's possible that this particular watch has a defect in the mechanics of the movement (i.e. a bad mainspring) that reduces the power reserve (possible if somewhat unlikely).

My point is that one data-point, while interesting, is not enough to come to a conclusion. It'll be interesting to see how the performance of this movement settles as more people get their watches in-hand and can test. As the saying goes: "once is never, twice is always".

TL;DR... this is interesting (and a little worrying), but I'm going to hold off on making conclusions about the movement until we have more reviews.

Reactions: Doc.77

deecee78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/21
Leeds, UK
Does a power reserve longer than 12 hours really matter? Innocent question; however, as long as the watch works in the morning after taking it off to sleep, is that ok?
If I’ve asked a silly question, apologies.

Reactions: TheWatchingWatcher

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Does a power reserve longer than 12 hours really matter?

Yes and No... Yes because it's nice to be able to have the watch keep running for a day or two if you decide to give another watch in your collection some wrist time. But no because subs aren't perpetual calendars which are a pain in the ass to reset when they stop.

However, the reason some people are getting hot under the collar about the power reserve not being 72 hours, is because 72 hours was what was advertised in the original post of this thread... There's an interesting "honour among thieves" ethos to this community: everybody (factories, TDs, and rep-fans) involved is dishonest / naughty in some ways (manufacturing, selling, buying & wearing counterfeit watches); but there's the expectation that while we can be "dishonest" to the outside world, we'll be honest with each other.

deecee78

29/8/21
Leeds, UK
Thank you. I thought this might be the case.
I suppose this will affect me more when I increase my collection above the few I currently wear. Not been a problem getting mine going again after not wearing for a few days.
It is a good point and something I have felt on RWI in my short time here - be good and be nice and everyone will do the same and the established / long timers look out for us all - should be same from factories / TDs.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
"RF Factory claims to have developed their new RF3235 movement which has similar up to 72 hours power reserve as VS3235, and claims to have the best decoration details in the market.

“RF Factory claims to...” - there it is. These are RF’s claims not Andrews. He made it clear. Everyone here either knows, or should know that most of those gen/rep comparison photos put out by the factories are either gen/gen or rep/rep. It’s the way it works.

Because we don't, or can't, interact with the factory the TD is fully responsible as it is them who advertise and take our money.

Wrong. You really think TD’s should do their own tear down and analysis of every model they sell, comparing it to the genuine item? All of them? Every watch? How are they going to do that? They’re not experts - they sell the stuff - that’s what they are trusted to do. Most of them won’t even have seen a genuine 126610.

You chose to buy the watch before anyone here had reviewed it. That’s on you. Your TD didn’t make you buy it did they?

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Greetings to all ..... I'm new to this world and this forum. I have read this long thread because I am interested in purchasing an RF submariner. but the criticisms leveled at this watch ... don't you think they are too fussy?

Welcome.
We are in a transitional period(at least some of us)in which we are trying to cope with the closure of vsf, so bare with us...
You will see also a lot of nitpicking, its part of the hobby, pursue excellence...

Deerstalker99

21/9/21
Yorkshire
Looking in as a relative outsider, and complete novice, I bought the watch with my eyes completely open; I did as much research as I could be bothered and then paid over my money. At no stage did I expect I was going to get an exact copy - I knew there would be shortcomings.

From what I’ve read this seems to be the case with any rep - it’s just a matter of which parts are less accurate/faithful to the gen.

I guess it all boils down to what you are prepared to accept; I’m quite happy with what I’ve got and I fully appreciate I’m going to have to repair/replace it at some point as it will fail. That said it cost me £400 not £12k, so it won’t be that much of a pisser when I have to do it. It also leaves me eleven and a half grand in my pocket to buy the other two rep watches I want - a PAM and a PP Calatrava.

From not even realising a couple of months ago that such reps were available, I find it fascinating, having now spent quite a bit of time looking through the forum, that a lot of people put so much time and effort into chasing the perfect rep.

I must admit I’m getting drawn into this as a hobby, although I doubt I’ll ever be totally obsessed with it!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
This site is ALWAYS making excuses for TDs but If 'I' sold it to you via M2M a completely different story.

Yes, a TD should be a subject matter expert on all their watches. Why? Because that's what YOU expect from retailers when you're buying white goods, televisions, furniture etc etc...
What about spare parts dealers for your vehicles, when you're at the counter, or on the phone, ordering you ask them questions as YOU believe they're subject matter experts. Yes, there are FAR MORE spare parts at these dealers than a TD has watches. x 1,000 at least.

For all those people who have jumped on me, go back and slowly and carefully read my post AND go back to page 1 and read RF's ad plus Trusty's comments.
If you do you may actually comprehend what is being said.

I'm trying to protect us buyers and you're supporting sellers, why? How the f_uck can you wait for a review when nobody has one, somebody has to go first so why should they be a sucker.
That's right, you trust a "TRUSTED Dealer"

Responsibility starts at the retailer and NOT the buyer. Again, if you were buying via M2M you'd place the responsibility square on the seller and NOT yourself.....the buyer.

Reactions: Doc.77 and Tete

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Look....they are Trusted Dealers. Which mean, if inpay for a (example) ZF Hulk, I get a ZF Hulk. With the quality that is usual. I am not in GZ, so they have a eye on it for me. For sure I understand you, the fact that I "trust" in business, doesnt mean i would like to have them as a babysitter for my kid.

always keep in mind that in CN its organised criminal, almost so called syndicate. But here, in this 200k+ account forum, they earned the trust for how they treat theyr customers in the possibilities they have (margin, waiting time, qc, refunds and mich more).

where in other illegal businesses you find this?

have a good night my friend.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Look....they are Trusted Dealers. Which mean, if i pay for a (example) ZF Hulk, I get a ZF Hulk. With the quality that is usual. I am not in GZ, so they have a eye on it for me. For sure I understand you, the fact that I "trust" in business, doesn't mean i would like to have them as a babysitter for my kid.

always keep in mind that in CN its organised criminal, almost so called syndicate. But here, in this 200k+ account forum, they earned the trust for how they treat they're customers in the possibilities they have (margin, waiting time, qc, refunds and much more).

where in other illegal businesses you find this?

have a good night my friend.

I understand what you're saying & I know this has been their MO for so long.

What you need to understand is that it doesn't make it right to 'us' to be set up with a detailed expectation on what we're going to receive and it's not actually true.
Check the very first post. Case is wrong, font is wrong, hands are wrong, crystal is wrong, movement charge is wrong and yet they claim it to be 1:1 and the TD accepts this as the factory's front to sell it to us under a false pretence. (aka: an out and out lie) The TD fronts them so he is involved......plain and simple and yet we always excuse them as almost victims when in fact it is us as the victim.

I completely agree a rep is never perfect BUT when they tell us things like the above are 1:1 and they coerce my money and then deliver NOT what they said, I do have a problem and the TD allowed & enabled this and people like you defend this behaviour.

If you're okay with this good for you but I believe many are not and the way things are shaping up I think this industry is on the downhill slide for good as people have had enough of the BS.

Create a post (or a poll) and ask people how many would have no issue to set fire to their $518 USD because they were directly lied to by a TD's post with zero ambiguity in the post. It would be a great exercise to gain members' position in all of this.

We need to 'collectively try' and change current behaviour and have TD's being more open with what they're selling so they push back faster & harder on the factories on our behalf for a more accurate product. Yes, we need TDs to do this as it is ONLY they who have the relationship with the factories and parts makers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Honestly, I don't think the TD's can have much power or influences over the factories considering their business volume is much much far less than those local Chinese dealers.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
To whoever was getting upset about "truth in advertising" and all that stuff.... Please read what trusty wrote, and read it so you can comprehend it. If you cant comprehend, then you shouldnt read it. Trusty said that the RF factory claims.. bla bla bla... he was reporting what RF factory claimed. He is acting like our eyes and ears on the streets there, how else would we see what RF factory claims? you go to burger king, is your whopper looking like the one from the advertisement? So if trusty reported that Burger king claims they have whopper, and posted a copy of BK's ad, you gonna go all nuts like that?

Last edited: