• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
To the person with the high crystal... any chance this can be fixed by putting the case in a crystal press and just press it in a bit?

Even if you could do this, it will mess up the DW magnification. It will make the dw look too small.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Bra1nbug thanks for the photos you took of the two watches.
All in all not a bad representative this RF.
There are some flaws though:
The crystal and the magnifying lens are bad.
The SEL is not precise.
The minute hand looks longer to me.
The rehaut is poorly engraved (a defect of almost all representatives).
Then the thickness of the watch of a few tenths of a millimetre more is noticeable.
I don't like the dial and the inscription "ROLEX" either.
I hope for a more updated version V2/V3 etc to correct these errors.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Have you checked the case back is actually screwed down right? All my reps have had a finger tight or looser case back on arrival (check your case back folks).

Dial print means nothing unless you refer it against a bunch of genuines. Rolex do make their own dials but I've read they have 3 factories, dial print is fine or bold and can having spacing all over the place, as long as the text and font is correct and its embossed and glossy dial print is the least thing you need to worry about.

Just the crystal on this watch, the rest looks passable to me.

Thanks for the great pics above mate.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Question for Bra1nbug ... how does the bezel feel under your fingers when you're touching it on the gen vs. the RF? I noticed in the pictures that the RF bezel looks to have sharper machined edges vs. the gen. This is what I mean:
Maybe this is just an artifact of the lighting conditions since the gen was always on the left and the RF always on the right, but I'm curious to hear if you can feel anything different when you touch the bezels?

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

Bra1nbug

Big certified error
Supporter
Certified
27/9/20
The Netherlands
Last edited:

besurfer

Looking Around
17/10/21
Italy
Greetings to all ..... I'm new to this world and this forum. I have read this long thread because I am interested in purchasing an RF submariner. but the criticisms leveled at this watch ... don't you think they are too fussy?

Reactions: Pizzo and Moe79

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Greetings to all ..... I'm new to this world and this forum. I have read this long thread because I am interested in purchasing an RF submariner. but the criticisms leveled at this watch ... don't you think they are too fussy?

No, not too fussy.

Trusty Time started this thread listing this watch with all the details telling us what we would receive and in fact, it isn't true.

If you purchased a brand new, just released car and it wasn't what they told you after paying your money how would you feel?

I work hard and honestly for my money, I expect the same from people when they tell what I'm buying.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

It’s a mix of both sensible and silly observations from members who can themselves be divided into the sensible and the silly.

The best thing you can do is develop your own opinion rather than parroting someone else’s.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
If you purchased a brand new, just released car and it wasn't what they told you after paying your money how would you feel?

To be honest, my car looked way better in the brochure. Mind you, that one never got parked by my wife or had my kids fighting/ eating / throwing up in the back. Anyway - brochure still looked better.

I work hard and honestly for my money, I expect the same from people when they tell what I'm buying.

I think you’re expecting too much from a Chinese criminal operation. I’m sure they work hard as well, just not so much the honest part. Don’t forget, the TD was given those pics in the OP - he didn’t take them.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
To be honest, my car looked way better in the brochure. Mind you, that one never got parked by my wife or had my kids fighting/ eating / throwing up in the back. Anyway - brochure still looked better.

I think you’re expecting too much from a Chinese criminal operation. I’m sure they work hard as well, just not so much the honest part. Don’t forget, the TD was given those pics in the OP - he didn’t take them.

I mostly agree with you but the TD has way more experience with reps than ALL of us so he knew exactly what he was posting & selling. Gotta say, the TD's name is ironic.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Deerstalker99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/21
Yorkshire
I'm very curious about what the power reserve on the new VR3235 movement is. Deerstalker99 I know it'll be hard not to wear your new sub constantly, but if possible I (and I'm sure others) would love to know how long the watch runs after it has been fully wound and then left stationary. The gen/vs3235 movement has a 72 hour power reserve, but since the VR3235 is a hybrid movement based on the 3135, it might only have a 48 hour power reserve. Inquiring minds want (dare I say, need) to know how this new Shanghai VR3235 movement stacks up.

Having resisted the urge not to wear it for a couple of days the watch ran out of power after 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk