• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Bro do you have any news about 124060 release from CF or some other good quality factory?

Not in a while because all these factories use the movements from vr and they focused om development a 3235 movement because it can be use in more models, as far i heard it will take a while until vr develops the 3230, also vacations are coming in china. So if everyone wants to order something don't wait that mucn.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Not in a while because all these factories use the movements from vr and they focused om development a 3235 movement because it can be use in more models, as far i heard it will take a while until vr develops the 3230, also vacations are coming in china. So if everyone wants to order something don't wait that mucn.

Thanks. I just heard CF released one batch of 114060 they look very good

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
Until the "movement" thing gets cleared up, I'm happy to keep my money in my bank account.

Couple of things swirling in my head though .... I've read threads on here lamenting the unreliability of the 3235 movement. I think I even started a thread about it some months ago and the consensus (at that time) was to buy a Sub with the "more reliable" 2824 movement. So would a 2824 movement in this watch a bad thing ? In practical terms, probably not. HOWEVER, if the watch factory says there is a 3235 movement installed and it's not, then there is a MASSIVE problem. Watches with a 3235 movement are significantly more expensive than watches with a 2824 movement. It would be like buying an Audi only to find it fitted with a Toyota engine. Reliable but not what you paid for.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Until the "movement" thing gets cleared up, I'm happy to keep my money in my bank account.

Couple of things swirling in my head though .... I've read threads on here lamenting the unreliability of the 3235 movement. I think I even started a thread about it some months ago and the consensus (at that time) was to buy a Sub with the "more reliable" 2824 movement. So would a 2824 movement in this watch a bad thing ? In practical terms, probably not. HOWEVER, if the watch factory says there is a 3235 movement installed and it's not, then there is a MASSIVE problem. Watches with a 3235 movement are significantly more expensive than watches with a 2824 movement. It would be like buying an Audi only to find it fitted with a Toyota engine. Reliable but not what you paid for.

Even more interesting is that the time setting on 32xx and 2824 is same (anti clock wise) so putting a gen ETA inside would be the best option IMO unless you want to open the watch and prove to everybody that your Rolex is genuine.

Reactions: Doc.77

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

Ha an audi with a toyota motor sounds like a dream scenario to me.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not providing movement pics on a website is excusable for a time after an initial release. Not providing them in a QC when they aren't available on a website is not, IMO.

There has been more than one instance of a watch being shipped with a different movement in it than what was advertised. I'm not naming names.

The VS3235 did have some issues for more than a few people. Balance issues, winding issues, setting lever breaking to name a few. I am replacing my VS3235 with one of these new VR3235s as soon as it arrives. We don't know a lot about its reliability but we know a lot about the reliability of the VR3135, with which it shares more commonality than just the name brand. It is a hybrid with some 3135 parts. I see that as a good thing.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Not providing movement pics on a website is excusable for a time after an initial release. Not providing them in a QC when they aren't available on a website is not, IMO.

There has been more than one instance of a watch being shipped with a different movement in it than what was advertised. I'm not naming names.

The VS3235 did have some issues for more than a few people. Balance issues, winding issues, setting lever breaking to name a few. I am replacing my VS3235 with one of these new VR3235s as soon as it arrives. We don't know a lot about its reliability but we know a lot about the reliability of the VR3135, with which it shares more commonality than just the name brand. It is a hybrid with some 3135 parts. I see that as a good thing.

One guy over at Reddit reported that the power reserve on the new Clean only gets around 48 hours. Assuming Clean 126610 is using this new VR3235, power reserve is shorter than advertised. Lack of power reserve doesn't personally bother me much but just wanted to pass along what I read earlier.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
One guy over at Reddit reported that the power reserve on the new Clean only gets around 48 hours. Assuming Clean 126610 is using this new VR3235, power reserve is shorter than advertised. Lack of power reserve doesn't personally bother me much but just wanted to pass along what I read earlier.

Remember the VR3235 is a hybrid with the 3135 so maybe it has a 3135 mainspring. I should have one soon. I don't care about PR either but it's a characteristic we need to evaluate.

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand

According to the JTime website, the Clean 126610 has an S3235 movement.

https://jtime.io/us/submariner-41mm...l-steel-clean-factory-best-edition-s3235.html

Does anyone think it's possible that factories are putting out substandard watches in an attempt to recoup some of their losses they suffered during their forced shutdowns during the raids ? I feel for the Dealers if they have to peddle this stuff.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I feel that the ecosystem of the rep game has changed after the lately severe raids. VSF had set a new standard in the rep history and has become the benchmark on the market.
Craving for top quality reps customers like us at RWI are simply skeptical about the standards of those reps coming out of the new factories mimicking the quality of VSF. Time will tell if they are really up to the par.

Reactions: Doc.77 and Mc Queen

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
According to the JTime website, the Clean 126610 has an S3235 movement.

https://jtime.io/us/submariner-41mm-...ion-s3235.html

Does anyone think it's possible that factories are putting out substandard watches in an attempt to recoup some of their losses they suffered during their forced shutdowns during the raids ? I feel for the Dealers if they have to peddle this stuff.

It's not a classic VR movement. It's a hybrid. You can compare it.
The S3235 and R3235 (RF) are the same basic movement.
Li said in a post that these factories used the same clockwork.
Breitling also has the "B17" caliber. But that just means it's a base ETA and "Breitling" is engraved on the rotor.
I think it's going in that direction. Neither fraud nor anything else.
And please, if you visit here, give a shit on reddit people who talk about 48h power reserve.
Chances are they don't know how to wind a watch or how to measure the time: D

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

It is at the end of the day a classic vr movement dude, the construction of the movement is what is hybrid because it shares some parts with the 3135 movement. You don't seen to know beyond what TD's tells you but vr makes sterile movements and sell them to factories. each factory has their own factory that does the engraving on the movement, so it is the same base movement but the outcome is different due to the modifications process they have to go thru later. For example arf had a very shitty modification factory and that's why most of their movement suck. Either way a lot of my friends who are selling clean watches said the same as patrick on reddit, power reserve is irregular on the watches they had from clean. most of them died after 48 hours. These guys legit handled and know about watches than you will ever do in your life, this is legit their job.

Dont understand why western people act like they know everything.

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Does anyone think it's possible that factories are putting out substandard watches in an attempt to recoup some of their losses they suffered during their forced shutdowns during the raids
Why would they do that? Makes no sense.
  • crap quality will not sell well (beyond the first orders maybe) and will tarnish their reputation
  • the assembly costs are low anyway, not much to save there
  • parts are cheap too
  • markup already is rather good at around $400-$500 mark (price of a good quality rep at the moment)

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
VR makes the 3235 movement?
My understanding is that VSF didn't use the VR movements, that's why they are called VS3235

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
VR makes the 3235 movement?
My understanding is that VSF didn't use the VR movements, that's why they are called VS3235

There are two 3235. One from VR (RF, CLEAN, MI, VMF uses this movement) Dandong factory makes vs3235 (exclusively made for v6f/vs boss) mods on the movement for the vs movement (engraving) are done by a company that works for different big brands like citizen.