• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Raided

MadeiraG

Known Member
18/2/20
Apparently clean factory has been raided and the other major factories are shut , heard this via Facebook. So don’t take as gospel

Let’s hope it’s just a rumor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I don’t think this makers will still alive until 2022 , I just need pick some reps i think it’s the end.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Apparently Rolex has its own SWAT team and they just arrived in China to go and shut down the remaining rep factories and take the factory bosses back to Switzerland to go on trial for crimes against horology. The maximum sentence is life with hard labour in the Cerachrom mines.

I read this on the Daily Mail website - so it must be 100% true.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Apparently Rolex has its own SWAT team and they just arrived in China to go and shut down the remaining rep factories and take the factory bosses back to Switzerland to go on trial for crimes against horology. The maximum sentence is life with hard labour in the Cerachrom mines.

Are these SWAT Teams Gen spec?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Link

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Without Clean Factory, Rolex reps are done imo.
Hope this is false, but factories have shutdown due to raids going on.
And the guy above: Yes, this look like end of rep operation plan.

Vinnies1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/20
This sounds like it’s going to be a job for the rolexlord

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I'm beginning to wonder just how extensive these raids were, or what factories were specifically targeted the hardest (and the calculated reason(s) behind it) or perhaps simply least diversified. I ordered a CLEAN 116610 (3135) 1-1/2 weeks ago, and just got QC picts. I have also ordered a 126610 (VS3235) from another TD last night whom told me it is available with no problems. (and, no, these were not "in-stock" watches if there even is such a thing). Prior to ordering both watches, I specifically asked if there would be a delay or problem in obtaining these pieces due to the raids. I was essentially told "no" by both dealers. However, in trying to order "Green Maker" pieces, so far from three TD's the answer has been "unavailable." This is China, and I am SURE the C.C.P. would have ZERO problems closing down whatever they want if they really wished to. Perhaps a crackpot theory on my part that some manufactures were becoming a problem for more established 'factories" as I think Green is fairly new?? Or, not enough money was paid to the "proper authorities." Hell...I don't know, perhaps someone on here has some REAL answers instead of come-backs or jokes. It would be interesting to really know the true story to the extent possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giammy

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Most major cities have entire shopping centers that are full of replica products of all types (Silk Street Market in Beijing is one of them). Once a year the government raid everyone to make it look like they're doing something about it, but for the rest of the year they openly sell fake everything. Hopefully these raids on factories are the same thing, just the government wanting to look like they're doing the right thing then willing to be bribed to leave.

In the meantime, low tier factories like the reps on dhgate are in full operation. Strange.

Reactions: Warrcraft