• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean factory ZZF V4 clicks

Acer95

Horology Curious
24/6/21
Hey y’all! Thanks for the add! I just bought my first rep from Jtime, the watch showed up and the bezel had lot of back play, a dead give away it is a rep. I messaged Jtime but I have not gotten a response, the bezel then seized, I took it to a shop and I was told If I replaced the clicks and the gasket it should be good as a gen, does anyone know where I can buy these parts? Thanks again for the add!

also if I am incorrect and this will not fix the watch or if you know other tricks on how to tighten up the bezel please let me know!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
the watch showed up and the bezel had lot of back play, a dead give away it is a rep.
A "dead giveaway" to who? The bigger giveaway is the fact it's a rep, and therefore has numerous other inaccuracies and flaws that are apparently an "instant tell" to people who are convinced the world is full of Rolex experts judging your watch.

I messaged Jtime but I have not gotten a response
JTime might offer to have the watch back to get it looked at - but you really don't want to be sending reps back to China. And then they'll send you the same watch again (they won't replace it) and it may or may not work a bit better. If you tell Li what the problem is and get a local watchsmith to confirm it was an actual problem that required fixing, then Li may offer you a discount on your next purchase.

I took it to a shop and I was told If I replaced the clicks and the gasket it should be good as a gen
It won't be good as a gen. It's a rep. If you want "good as a gen", then buy a gen - or spend a lot of money getting the Sub heavily frankened.

KJ2020 knows his stuff with bezel mechanics and whatnot, maybe he can offer some advice.

Reactions: tlander13 and Olla

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Take a look at this thread to get a better understanding of bezel parts and how they fit together.

Gen parts are very hard to come by and those are usually sourced by other forum members M2M. It's not likely there is anything wrong with the springs and balls or the click.

What do you mean by back play? Is it that after a click the bezel isn't held tight from turning clockwise a little? Or a general looseness in side to side or up and down movement? Or does the bezel feel spongy and have vertical play?

Knowing which of those it is would help ID a problem part. In any event if the bezel is seized now it's going to have to come off to troubleshoot it. It could be a piece of plastic wrap stuck underneath but more likely the bezel gasket is pinched or mangled.

Last edited:

Acer95

Horology Curious
24/6/21
After it clicks it goes clockwise quite a bit, I popped off the bezel to see what was wrong and it was a piece of plastic from the gasket, but I lost the springs so now I need to source the springs balls and a new clock and a new gasket since this one is faulty do you know where I can buy those??

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You can source aftermarket springs and balls more cheaply if you want to hunt the parts down. Different vendors have stock at different times. However since you also need a click, you are probably going to have to buy a whole set. A gen set is about $200 IIRC, and hard to find.

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005002239279763.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

The bezel gasket (called a hytrel ring) is only available in one shape and thickness aftermarket AFAIK. Rep shapes vary a bit and the aftermarket one doesn't work well in all reps. Gen ones come in pack of two for about $100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293590263482

banditeleven2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/6/21
Hey y’all! Thanks for the add! I just bought my first rep from Jtime, the watch showed up and the bezel had lot of back play, a dead give away it is a rep. I messaged Jtime but I have not gotten a response, the bezel then seized, I took it to a shop and I was told If I replaced the clicks and the gasket it should be good as a gen, does anyone know where I can buy these parts? Thanks again for the add!

also if I am incorrect and this will not fix the watch or if you know other tricks on how to tighten up the bezel please let me know!

I would send them a message again, sometimes they are very busy.

Acer95

Horology Curious
24/6/21
You can source aftermarket springs and balls more cheaply if you want to hunt the parts down. Different vendors have stock at different times. However since you also need a click, you are probably going to have to buy a whole set. A gen set is about $200 IIRC, and hard to find.

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005002239279763.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

The bezel gasket (called a hytrel ring) is only available in one shape and thickness aftermarket AFAIK. Rep shapes vary a bit and the aftermarket one doesn't work well in all reps. Gen ones come in pack of two for about $100.

will that ring on eBay work? And the clock isn’t missing i only lost the balls and springs, do you know where I can get those alittle faster? Thank you so much for the information!!!!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
will that ring on eBay work? And the clock isn’t missing i only lost the balls and springs, do you know where I can get those alittle faster? Thank you so much for the information!!!!

I can't say firsthand if the Ebay gasket will work for the ZZF Sub. If it were mine I would try it for $10 before shelling out for a gen, and trying to source one.

The pic below shows the specs of the springs and balls you need. Spring length is not critical, they can be clipped shorter.

ZJevI2.jpg

Last edited:

Acer95

Horology Curious
24/6/21
I can't say firsthand if the Ebay gasket will work for the ZZF Sub. If it were mind I would try it for $10 before shelling out for a gen, and trying to source one.

The pic below shows the specs of the springs and balls you need. Spring length is not critical, they can be clipped shorter.

ZJevI2.jpg

Can I buy some of those off you?

Reactions: stance

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland

Hey my friend. Maybe you must check how this hobby works a bit. You want a answer from your dealer in 2 hours? Li is not Amazon. Neither another TD is.
Think about time difference. And, by the way, these days he was busy on porting his website.
Calm down, he will answer.
And because they had no patience, the karma now punishes them with the lost parts. > good luck with the assembly.

Watch9194

Horology Curious
19/10/14
Just FYI, I have designed and made my own bezel gasket replacement that eliminates play. Currently have them for VSF 126610 series and 116610 series.

As mentioned, aftermarket have a different profile and cause more play, my bezel gaskets have 0 play and positive clicks

Acer95

Horology Curious
24/6/21
Just FYI, I have designed and made my own bezel gasket replacement that eliminates play. Currently have them for VSF 126610 series and 116610 series.

As mentioned, aftermarket have a different profile and cause more play, my bezel gaskets have 0 play and positive clicks

Does this work for the zzf v3 v4

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia

Hello. I need this. How to buy it from you?

Watch9194

Horology Curious
19/10/14
Does this work for the zzf v3 v4

I have not tested it but Ill send you one for a good price if you'd like to? PM me

Hello. I need this. How to buy it from you?

Go ahead and PM me, I am going to make an official post on here to start offering these as this is a highly needed solution, it also is a upgrade as Ive noticed the following in my research and design of this gasket:

1. There seems to be two types of bezel gaskets used on gen watches and gen owners on the gen forums state either:
  • A) they have 0 up and down pay on the bezel, you cannot press on it and feel play, and the clicks are solid with no back play - or
  • B) you can press on the bezel and feel play, and there is some back play ever so slight, like half a click, in the bezel.
So in my research, brand new watches, mostly every gen 126610LN or LV, has a bezel with 0 horizontal play and tight clicks, though the biggest thing Ive noticed is the bezel height! The 126xxx have the glass ever so sightly higher than the bezel which attributes to positive clicks, 0 play in the bezel. You can notice the height of the crystal and it being slightly raised below.

My vsf 126610LV now has 0 horizontal play, 0 bcckplay, crisp clicks and the crystal is 1:1 matched with gen height. You can see this in my pic below and compare it to the gen pic after. Honestly, this is a mod and preferred upgrade to any VSF 126xxx watch 1000% and makes it more gen in bezel feel and crystal height.

https://ibb.co/yQ3Xjbt

Submariner-6-4-scaled.jpg

Watch9194

Horology Curious
19/10/14
With all this said, I do believe this bezel gasket is a wear part on gen and overtime the material softens due to it being plastic and consistent pressure by the spring and ball earrings just enough so the bezel has horizontal play. Also aftermarket gaskets could've been installed in a gen watch and those have slight variations in design causing minimal play.

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia
I have not tested it but Ill send you one for a good price if you'd like to? PM me

Go ahead and PM me, I am going to make an official post on here to start offering these as this is a highly needed solution, it also is a upgrade as Ive noticed the following in my research and design of this gasket:

1. There seems to be two types of bezel gaskets used on gen watches and gen owners on the gen forums state either:
  • A) they have 0 up and down pay on the bezel, you cannot press on it and feel play, and the clicks are solid with no back play - or
  • B) you can press on the bezel and feel play, and there is some back play ever so slight, like half a click, in the bezel.
So in my research, brand new watches, mostly every gen 126610LN or LV, has a bezel with 0 horizontal play and tight clicks, though the biggest thing Ive noticed is the bezel height! The 126xxx have the glass ever so sightly higher than the bezel which attributes to positive clicks, 0 play in the bezel. You can notice the height of the crystal and it being slightly raised below.

My vsf 126610LV now has 0 horizontal play, 0 bcckplay, crisp clicks and the crystal is 1:1 matched with gen height. You can see this in my pic below and compare it to the gen pic after. Honestly, this is a mod and preferred upgrade to any VSF 126xxx watch 1000% and makes it more gen in bezel feel and crystal height.

I pm

tokar112

Known Member
6/10/16
Russia

he said email me pm. I wrote. and he has been silent for a week now ...

jacquy

26/9/18

Thank you for your knowledge and always wise advice.
I would just like to comment on the seller "watch2parts Store" on Aliexpress. I advise to be very wary of this seller. First he is too expensive,but it's not the real problem.He is lying about his merchandise. In case of return,He seems to agree to make the refund very easily., give a wrong address, and the package will come back to you 3 months later.

No more response on whatsapp.No way to solve the problem with Aliexpress.
Because for them an agreement was reached amicably.