Clean factory ZZF V4 clicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean factory ZZF V4 clicks

Hey y’all! Thanks for the add! I just bought my first rep from Jtime, the watch showed up and the bezel had lot of back play, a dead give away it is a rep. I messaged Jtime but I have not gotten a response, the bezel then seized, I took it to a shop and I was told If I replaced the clicks and the gasket it should be good as a gen, does anyone know where I can buy these parts? Thanks again for the add!

also if I am incorrect and this will not fix the watch or if you know other tricks on how to tighten up the bezel please let me know!

Originally posted by Acer95 View Post
    the watch showed up and the bezel had lot of back play, a dead give away it is a rep.
    A "dead giveaway" to who? The bigger giveaway is the fact it's a rep, and therefore has numerous other inaccuracies and flaws that are apparently an "instant tell" to people who are convinced the world is full of Rolex experts judging your watch.

I messaged Jtime but I have not gotten a response
    JTime might offer to have the watch back to get it looked at - but you really don't want to be sending reps back to China. And then they'll send you the same watch again (they won't replace it) and it may or may not work a bit better. If you tell Li what the problem is and get a local watchsmith to confirm it was an actual problem that required fixing, then Li may offer you a discount on your next purchase.

I took it to a shop and I was told If I replaced the clicks and the gasket it should be good as a gen
    It won't be good as a gen. It's a rep. If you want "good as a gen", then buy a gen - or spend a lot of money getting the Sub heavily frankened.

KJ2020 knows his stuff with bezel mechanics and whatnot, maybe he can offer some advice.
    FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

Take a look at this thread to get a better understanding of bezel parts and how they fit together.

Gen parts are very hard to come by and those are usually sourced by other forum members M2M. It's not likely there is anything wrong with the springs and balls or the click.

What do you mean by back play? Is it that after a click the bezel isn't held tight from turning clockwise a little? Or a general looseness in side to side or up and down movement? Or does the bezel feel spongy and have vertical play?

Knowing which of those it is would help ID a problem part. In any event if the bezel is seized now it's going to have to come off to troubleshoot it. It could be a piece of plastic wrap stuck underneath but more likely the bezel gasket is pinched or mangled.
      Last edited by KJ2020; 27-07-21, 13:59.
      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
      GMT Movements Explained
      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
      The Fantasy Watch Thread
      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
      Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

After it clicks it goes clockwise quite a bit, I popped off the bezel to see what was wrong and it was a piece of plastic from the gasket, but I lost the springs so now I need to source the springs balls and a new clock and a new gasket since this one is faulty do you know where I can buy those??

Comment

You can source aftermarket springs and balls more cheaply if you want to hunt the parts down. Different vendors have stock at different times. However since you also need a click, you are probably going to have to buy a whole set. A gen set is about $200 IIRC, and hard to find.

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/100...bilesitedetail

The bezel gasket (called a hytrel ring) is only available in one shape and thickness aftermarket AFAIK. Rep shapes vary a bit and the aftermarket one doesn't work well in all reps. Gen ones come in pack of two for about $100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293590263482
          GMT Movements Explained
          The Fantasy Watch Thread
          Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Hey y’all! Thanks for the add! I just bought my first rep from Jtime, the watch showed up and the bezel had lot of back play, a dead give away it is a rep. I messaged Jtime but I have not gotten a response, the bezel then seized, I took it to a shop and I was told If I replaced the clicks and the gasket it should be good as a gen, does anyone know where I can buy these parts? Thanks again for the add!

also if I am incorrect and this will not fix the watch or if you know other tricks on how to tighten up the bezel please let me know!
            I would send them a message again, sometimes they are very busy.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
              You can source aftermarket springs and balls more cheaply if you want to hunt the parts down. Different vendors have stock at different times. However since you also need a click, you are probably going to have to buy a whole set. A gen set is about $200 IIRC, and hard to find.

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/100...bilesitedetail

The bezel gasket (called a hytrel ring) is only available in one shape and thickness aftermarket AFAIK. Rep shapes vary a bit and the aftermarket one doesn't work well in all reps. Gen ones come in pack of two for about $100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293590263482

will that ring on eBay work? And the clock isn’t missing i only lost the balls and springs, do you know where I can get those alittle faster? Thank you so much for the information!!!!

Comment

will that ring on eBay work? And the clock isn’t missing i only lost the balls and springs, do you know where I can get those alittle faster? Thank you so much for the information!!!!
                I can't say firsthand if the Ebay gasket will work for the ZZF Sub. If it were mine I would try it for $10 before shelling out for a gen, and trying to source one.

The pic below shows the specs of the springs and balls you need. Spring length is not critical, they can be clipped shorter.

Last edited by KJ2020; 27-07-21, 19:03.
                GMT Movements Explained
                The Fantasy Watch Thread
                Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

I can't say firsthand if the Ebay gasket will work for the ZZF Sub. If it were mind I would try it for $10 before shelling out for a gen, and trying to source one.

The pic below shows the specs of the springs and balls you need. Spring length is not critical, they can be clipped shorter.

Can I buy some of those off you?

Comment

Can I buy some of those off you?
                    Sorry that's an old pic. The balls are easily found online, I don't have enough springs, just bits and pieces left.
                    GMT Movements Explained
                    The Fantasy Watch Thread
                    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Hey my friend. Maybe you must check how this hobby works a bit. You want a answer from your dealer in 2 hours? Li is not Amazon. Neither another TD is.
                      Think about time difference. And, by the way, these days he was busy on porting his website.
                      Calm down, he will answer.
                      And because they had no patience, the karma now punishes them with the lost parts. > good luck with the assembly.

Comment

Just FYI, I have designed and made my own bezel gasket replacement that eliminates play. Currently have them for VSF 126610 series and 116610 series.

As mentioned, aftermarket have a different profile and cause more play, my bezel gaskets have 0 play and positive clicks

Comment

Originally posted by Watch9194 View Post
                          Just FYI, I have designed and made my own bezel gasket replacement that eliminates play. Currently have them for VSF 126610 series and 116610 series.

As mentioned, aftermarket have a different profile and cause more play, my bezel gaskets have 0 play and positive clicks
                          Does this work for the zzf v3 v4

Comment

Originally posted by Watch9194 View Post

Hello. I need this. How to buy it from you?

Comment

Working...
                            X