• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Hulk vs VSF Hulk comparison

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
congratz, but hows the quality of the stock cleanfactory 116610LV, since it has a VR3135 movement, ARF bracelet, clean insert, its not a bad choice..

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
My only major gripe on the clean is that the lug and case shape is wrong and slightly lower quality than vsf.

orangegrünlila

Known Member
1/12/18
EU
Nice review, thanks! I have a Noob V9 Hulk from like 2017 or 2018 - will the difference from that to a 2021 CF Hulk be noticeable? Anyone wanna chime in on that? I‘m not quite sure if I should update my Hulk

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
How did this post age with the newer VSF Hulk’s with K25 serials which have an updated darker dial and CF now on their V4?

Maxx496

Life's too short for bs
21/3/24
This is just going to be a quick analysis, don't really have time for many photos and angles but I figure this might help those who are interested in general:

j3vQvs.jpg

From left to right: CF Hulk, VSF Hulk, ZF Dial

VSF pros:
  • Better case, the lugs slope more compared to CF. For this reason alone the VSF base is best for frankening.
  • Better crownguards (latest CF crownguard still isn't as good as VSF)
  • Better crystal, CF is more hazy or not as clear.
CF Pros:
  • Better dial (not as good as ZF, def better than VSF)
  • Better insert. I have a S29 Hulk just recently delivered and the VSF insert is NOT as green, nor are the numerals as bright. The CF insert numerals pop more, and are more bright. Clean definitely saved the best insert for themselves.
  • Better bracelet. The end links recess nicer. This surprised me. The extension link is way more smooth. I am very impressed with the bracelet on CF, which makes sense cause it's by ARF. I am a little disappointed in the SEL recession on my VSF Hulk, this might be due to the new clasp stating it's 6SH, maybe they had to source to a new bracelet after the raids. But the end link recession is not great on the VSF. VERY good on the CF.
Equal:
  • Hands. I don't see a difference in either.

All in all they both excel in major areas for both. The dial and insert on the CF is a big plus as is the bracelet. The VSF has the advantage of the crystal and the more sloped lugs. If you would franken I would highly recommend the VSF as the base case is a big deal.

If you don't want to upgrade anything at all (dial on the VSF is a must IMO, thus I got the ZF dial) then the CF is the way to go if you stay stock. The lack of taper on the case does not override the better insert, dial, and bracelet. There really is a difference on the insert which surprised me, the greener insert and brighter text stands out compared to the VSF.

I'm probably going to purchase a CF insert and ARF/CF bracelet for the VSF since I'm modding in a ZF dial anyway.

Hope this helps those interested in the Hulk!
Appreciate review it helped me choose CF Hulk

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
@Maxx496 the review was excelent back in the time july-2021
the CF is a great choice, and will match the genuine quite well from a distance, but currently i personaly would choose the VSF with the updated dial.