• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Kermit 116610 rep

Lantirn

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Outer space
Hello guys,

I am really new to reps and I would like to have your opinions.

I am about to buy the 116610, however I am between VSF and GMF. I know that both are really good on the aesthetic side.

The GMF is slightly more expensive and I assume is due to ETA Swiss type mechanism. On the other hand the VSF has the new 3235. Tbh, I have no idea about what should be more gen like or which one is more reliable.

I would like to know which of the two has the best feeling in the bracelet also. That means if it feels right, the sound, the overall feeling when you take it out of your wrist.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lantirn

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Outer space
Sorry again, I don’t know if GMF is the same as Green, but I meant The Green factory in the previous post!

RBDB

Looking Around
8/6/19
Read the opinions (and rwi rule book) and the answers will emerge. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Lantirn

Hello newbie :)

Please inform yourself about the stickies in the corresponding forums about the forum rules.

If you did that, here's my subjective answer.

If you have the opportunity to buy a VSF through a TD here, go for it. Out of the box, these are the best representatives, according to the general consensus.
I don't think you mean the "Kermit" but the "Hulk" by the way, because that's the 116610 reference.
You can start from what you want, but you will not find Swiss ETA factory anywhere. You will either find clone factories from Rolex factories (3135) or clone factories from ETA factories.
Advantages of the ETA works are simple procurement of parts for repairs, advantages of the 3135 clones are the optics, among other things.

You should definitely read up more.
You are confusing the reference numbers. Later they write from VSF that the other side has the new 3235 VS Movement - that is not correct. This is built into the newer, 41mm 126610 references. The Hulk (no, not Kermit;), the 116610 you are probably looking for, has the 3135VS work inside.

Regarding "sound of the bracelet" or "feel" if you mean this, you should simply read through the forum and not ask questions in the first post that have already been answered X times.

Summarized:

Be sure what the reference number is of the watch you are looking for. If you know that, just use forum search.

Reactions: P..DR..D

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Go to google and type in your watch choice and add RWI to it, you should find many threads on your questions.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Lantirn

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Outer space
Guys thanks all for your replies, indeed, it is 126610 and not 116610. I am talking about the hermit and not the hulk!

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hello guys,

I am really new to reps and I would like to have your opinions.

I am about to buy the 116610, however I am between VSF and GMF. I know that both are really good on the aesthetic side.

The GMF is slightly more expensive and I assume is due to ETA Swiss type mechanism. On the other hand the VSF has the new 3235. Tbh, I have no idea about what should be more gen like or which one is more reliable.

I would like to know which of the two has the best feeling in the bracelet also. That means if it feels right, the sound, the overall feeling when you take it out of your wrist.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Tags: None

That cleared up quite a bit of confusion :)
Well, I always think it's called "Starbucks". I always called Kermit the 5-digit Submariner with an aluminum bezel - but maybe that's my fault.

In any case, the following applies: nowhere is a Swiss ETA plant installed.
The VS3235 with 72h power reserve is an excellent work in my opinion. Obtaining spare parts would be difficult.
For this, the watch is otherwise superior to GMF Out of the Box.

Have fun with the watch you buy.

ZMCoupe

Known Member
Certified
5/3/21
I have heard and like Cermit for the new 126610LV (Ceramic Kermit), sounds better than “Starbucks” to me…

To the OP if you can get one from a TD you won’t be disappointed with the VSF.

Check out the VSF 126610 thread it’s about 250 pages of info that should help you make your choice.

Good luck

Reactions: derjenigewelcher