• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experiences with the WSO 14K Oyter gold filled???

rolesium18

Known Member
15/10/18
Hey guys,

i tried to contct to WSO on ebay, but his answers wasnt really helpful.
1st question to him: Are the midlinks completely plated?
2nd: Are the midlinks really hollow?
3rd: Is there a chance to get the weight?

HIs answer: Read!

In his offer on the bay he wrote: heavy duty, solid link. Thats it.

Do u guys can tell me more? I saw a Jubiliee 14K of WSO and it had just 42 gram with all links. So really flimsy.
Is the Oyster better? I saw some frankens with this bracelet and the colour was pretty good for a gold filled aftermarket bracelet.

Thank u

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
lawlessflyer shared some good info and photos of the 14K WSO bracelet here (LINK):

Alright and we're back.

So I received some more items for the build, I decided to try to keep the price down. As much as possible so after reading a bunch of posts I've decided to give wso a try.

I went with the 14k (wrapped) gold center link bracelet for two reasons,

1) already mentioned- price
2) wanted the "lighter gold tone" look

Here's the bracelet front & back
ZRzZ1F.jpg
ZRzjMt.jpg

At first glance I'd say it's of decent quality especially for the price 249.usd it's build is well and feels good in the hands.

Now the "wrapped" 14k gold
ZRz3D2.jpg

you can definitely see the 14k wrap around the end link as you can also around the rest of the center links. It's actually a decent thickness of gold IMO if it is really gold that is.. lol I guess time will tell :D

Now a question I've come across from members here as to "if the center links were truly hollow as the gen example"?

The answer is no. They are solid with the gold wrapped around them.
ZRzHoE.jpg

The plus side to these are the edges of the links are high polished as are gens for the 16613's (quote me if I'm wrong) for me this isn't a deal breaker as it's not noticeable on the wrist especially due to the gold wrapping.

Moving onto the rest of it, connecting links is as to expect you can go ahead and switch out the clasp to your choice of rep or gen with no issues.
ZRzKTn.jpg
ZRzhb3.jpg

I did notice some markings/numbers on the end links and end bracelet link which make no sense to me at all as I don't believe there is such a reference number of these lol
ZRzA5s.jpg

so that's pretty much it on the walk around of the wso 2-tone bracelet!

one thing to note :

End links do not support gen 2mm spring bars neither do the end bracelet link piece... these will both need modified in order to use shoulder-less spring bars.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence of trying the 14k wrapped bracelet from wso.

Last edited:

rolesium18

Known Member
15/10/18
Spoons thank u buddy, awesome review.....this is what I need. Its crazy, some customers were told by WSO that his middlelinks are hollow. The photo of lawlessflyer shows the solid midlinks

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I take back what I've said in the past about "wrapped" bracelets which are mostly plated. This is indeed wrapped with thick gold. I'm impressed. With care it should last decades.

rolesium18

Known Member
15/10/18
Triplock a friend of mine has a 16713 with vietnamcase and he used this 14K oyster, he show me a picture and it looks so nice with a GMT short clasp. This review opend my eyes. I has the same thoughts like u about wrapped and plated

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Triplock a friend of mine has a 16713 with vietnamcase and he used this 14K oyster, he show me a picture and it looks so nice with a GMT short clasp. This review opend my eyes. I has the same thoughts like u about wrapped and plated

Plated is shit. Well maybe not shit, but it's temporary as it will wear off. Not a question of if, but when. And when it does, it goes into the bottom of the drawer where it lives in shame. What I'm seeing here is like watches made 75 years ago that had thick gold sandwiching a base metal of brass. Those old watches were rated as 10 year, 20 year, or 25 year based on the thickness of the gold and how soon the base metal would start to show. If what I'm seeing here is a true thick gold wrapping and not some plating trickery, I'd say it's pretty damn good. But the price of $249 makes me question it. There must be way more than $249 worth of gold wrapping. I'd like to make some test scrapings to be sure.

Reactions: rolesium18

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Yeah I thought that 14k one, the solid oyster looked fantastic value overall. I’d love to see it in the flesh

Reactions: rolesium18

rolesium18

Known Member
15/10/18
rolesium18 the WSO midlinks on my watch are hollow. But it’s the more expensive 18k type bracelet

Kerushi11 the 14K wrapped Oyster in the review above has solid midlinks....mmh maybe because your 18K midlinks are realgold and not filled. I thinks they want do a Gen look bracelet, like the hollow midlinks Rolex bracelets

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I cannot remember which forum I seen this at RWG or here but there was a memebrr that scrapped at the gold of the mid link and it is indeed the thick gold wrap

Reactions: KJ2020

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I am putting together a 16613. How does this fit the ARF or RAF case set?

Pabon17

Matty Ice on Rtbst discord
18/6/22
So I can’t speak of the WSO 14k oyster but the jubilee is great! It stacks up to my gen jubilee on my 16233 pretty well. In the picture you can see the difference in gold color between bps gold plating and the wso 14k wrapped. It looks great!

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
So I can’t speak of the WSO 14k oyster but the jubilee is great! It stacks up to my gen jubilee on my 16233 pretty well. In the picture you can see the difference in gold color between bps gold plating and the wso 14k wrapped. It looks great!
WOW That looks great. What about this bezel?

Pabon17

Matty Ice on Rtbst discord
18/6/22