• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht-Master 16622

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a rep of the 16622, particularly prior to when Rolex introduced the rehaut engraving. I personally liked the gap where the reflective dial was replaced with the flat dial prior to the rehaut engraving.

Some TDs have some versions available, but thought I'd check if anyone out there has ventured down this road before.

Thanks

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Thanks for that alligoat. That's possibly the one TD that I haven't checked so far but will contact them about it. Yes, I've noticed the SEL issue, but the newer sand blasted bezel on the 116622 doesn't look as good as the older style on the 16622.

Thanks again.

Roylevesta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/21
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a rep of the 16622, particularly prior to when Rolex introduced the rehaut engraving. I personally liked the gap where the reflective dial was replaced with the flat dial prior to the rehaut engraving.

Some TDs have some versions available, but thought I'd check if anyone out there has ventured down this road before.

Thanks

Did you found something good ? I‘m looking for a 126622

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Did you found something good ? I‘m looking for a 126622 [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not, looks like all the TDs including Trusty can't source the older YM anymore.

If anyone out there has a 16622 for sale, please let me know.

Reactions: Roylevesta

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Check out a rep of the 226659 YM- it's the 42mm white gold YM with the rubber bracelet. Very understated.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Check out a rep of the 226659 YM- it's the 42mm white gold YM with the rubber bracelet. Very understated.

That's a fantastic watch. I've got a low end rep of it but the GMF version of that is my next purchase. That and the rhodium 40mm are the best of the current models.