• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Both 116x and 126x GMTs take the same crystal

KJ2020 I’ve not found a clear answer for this, maybe you can help?

While both 116x and 126x GMTs take the same crystal size, I’ve seen posts on Rolexforums that the 116x series crystal has the blackhole effect with AR under cyclops, while 126x series has AR under the full crystal, is this correct?

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Gen xtal should fit fine. 25-295-CAR-C1 fit my 126710 BLRO fine, had two of these identical gen xtal in blisters. Fit the 116710 and BLRO 126710 fine. Don’t think [mention]oascom [/mention] had any issues. Maybe [mention]saucin [/mention] can also confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can confirm that xtal fit fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Venniz

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 I’ve not found a clear answer for this, maybe you can help?

While both 116x and 126x GMTs take the same crystal size, I’ve seen posts on Rolexforums that the 116x series crystal has the blackhole effect with AR under cyclops, while 126x series has AR under the full crystal, is this correct?

AFAIK Rolex did not begin putting AR on the full underside of the crystal (on Professional models) until their Sept 2020 rollout when the 126x Subs and the oyster Pepsi were released. So it's possible that there are 126x GMTs that came stock both ways. I think it's unlikely that Rolex would have used two different crystals for the 116710 BLNR and the first release 126710 BLRO, which were both produced at the same time and used the same part number crystal. More likely IMO is that the crystals were all changed in a batch upgrade at the same time.

A lot of us have probably seen this chart where the LEC is supposed to tell you about AR. I haven't seen a new 126x gen crystal so IDK if the LEC is any different where there is full underside AR.

jiI642.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Obelard and thorne

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
FYI, in case you didn't see this in the other smaller thread, I chatted with Li and he shared that CF is no longer manufacturing batman/batgirl because of the speedbumps on the insert.

The factory is however doing well otherwise and that does not impact other products

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Thanks for the help! You see any errors on the Watch ? Should i GL ?

Yes. One huge error. Your post.

This watch is for you. You ordered it, paid for it and received QCs.

Why should I tell you what to do?

Venniz

26/7/20
Hi all, the trusted dealer confirmed me CF no longer produce 116710 models, they only produce 126710 now.

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi all, the trusted dealer confirmed me CF no longer produce 116710 models, they only produce 126710 now.

No they don't, the issue is their inserts which are the same for both. There may be remaining stocks of 126710BLNR but they're not manufacturing any more. As I said in my message they don't produce neither batman nor batgirl

Lew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/21
No they don't, the issue is their inserts which are the same for both. There may be remaining stocks of 126710BLNR but they're not manufacturing any more. As I said in my message they don't produce neither batman nor batgirl

Wonder if they're just improving it and going to start producing them again once they've fixed the speed bumbs.

Not sure if I should be happy I've got one on the way now they've stopped producing them, or sad they're going to fix it and release a better one. I've already been waiting months, I would've waited another month for a better rep!

Venniz

26/7/20

Thanks for informations. :)

Tobel

6/7/17
Wonder if they're just improving it and going to start producing them again once they've fixed the speed bumbs.

Not sure if I should be happy I've got one on the way now they've stopped producing them, or sad they're going to fix it and release a better one. I've already been waiting months, I would've waited another month for a better rep!

I asked Li about that, and while he doesn't know for sure, he thinks that they try to fix the issue but mentioned that it would likely take months

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I asked Li about that, and while he doesn't know for sure, he thinks that they try to fix the issue but mentioned that it would likely take months

cabbage, "it will take months" ... only for a problem of bumps? ... mh I think there is more (more serious) behind.

However I regardless of that, I have decided not to take a batman anymore, as soon as a good smurf comes out (I hope JVS) I take it.

I just hope that all of Clean's unknown "problem" for his Batmans doesn't also involve Pepsi.

Tobel

6/7/17
cabbage, "it will take months" ... only for a problem of bumps? ... mh I think there is more (more serious) behind.

However I regardless of that, I have decided not to take a batman anymore, as soon as a good smurf comes out (I hope JVS) I take it.

I just hope that all of Clean's unknown "problem" for his Batmans doesn't also involve Pepsi.

Well it took months if not years to any factory with a decent dual colour ceramic insert to get there, ARF, noob pepsi, CF pepsi, so if CF needs to restart their conception or redesign their manufacturing process I don't see why it wouldn't take months
and no, the pepsi are not impacted, which tends to confirm that the problem is indeed coming from the only thing that differentiates them (except the GMT hand but I doubt it's what's at fault), which are the inserts

If you have information please share and happy to be proven wrong, but otherwise shall we tune down the unsubstantiated rumours a bit? The current situation with factories closing is IMO confusing enough so no need to add to that.

Thanks

Reactions: FourtyTwo

dru

31/8/17
United Kingdom
Finally got a CF batman / batgirl on jubilee this morning. Its a beautiful watch. A bit of hand wobble when setting it which is a shame. Has anyone else experienced this? Other than that its class.