• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

Sebbovic

Horology Curious
1/7/19
Got my QC today, pictures FYI.
The watch overall is quite nice, the different "3" in the serial number is no problem for me.
I hoped the bezel will have no visible joint lines like the pepsi and the preview. No speedbumps, but after the pepsi a step back for me.
Will have a look at my Gen Batman later on the wrist for a better idea, how visible it will be from a distance and then decide to GL or switch to another model.
3d0cb1955ea1059f7cb9de31d254221b.jpg
4a42f01c1aa68e9c5be5b325e8cfd62f.jpg
bd62b0a78329a81bc38c5e836770e8a8.jpg
de1afff7fa18792c0969d0f0c201a5e4.jpg
bd88ae27c423e3b97f887145b0a80624.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Darkbil

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
seems like they had it figured out on the pepsi release, I dont see why they wouldn't have the revised batmans ready to go... the first batch was literally R&D trash unloaded on an eager market.

with noob and VSF watches out of stock, CF's boss probably figured he had a chance to snap up orders with a hot new release, even if it wasn't quite ready
not sure about "R&D trash" though, final product did fall short of my expectations but seems alright

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
The watch overall is quite nice, the different "3" in the serial number is no problem for me.
I hoped the bezel will have no visible joint lines like the pepsi and the preview. No speedbumps, but after the pepsi a step back for me.
Will have a look at my Gen Batman later on the wrist for a better idea, how visible it will be from a distance and then decide to GL or switch to another model.

There's an easy way to tell if you'll see it on wrist make the Pic true to size on your phone and see what's visble

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Darkbil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/21

Yours look very nice. I don't think that IRL the joint lines will be visible as on a large screen QC photo.

banditeleven2

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/6/21

Overall looks good, i would say it’s very minor speed bumps. Should not be too visible on the wrist.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Darkbil

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
seems like they had it figured out on the pepsi release, I dont see why they wouldn't have the revised batmans ready to go... the first batch was literally R&D trash unloaded on an eager market.

Yeah unfortunately like I think I mentioned previously these materials behave differently when dies or other chemicals are added to create pigment, this is critical with peak plastics and powder based high pressure products. Maybe the red has better machinability than the blue based on composition. Machinability is the most fundamental property in this case as the engraving is located right over the transition of what looks like two slightly different materials. These materials are hard to machine and tool deflection and cut rate will change over the difference in ductility of the two creating a different finish between them, especially with such a small endmill tooling. Sorry for the boring info lol but this may help explain why there’s a difference in a two products coming from the same factory using the same tooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't a thicker coat or more opaque "platinum paint" over the join line in the numeral fix the join line issue?

Maybe so mate, I’m really keen to look at these under the microscope and see what’s going on here. I may try an experiment with a ceramic filler then either manually mill it back or hand finish it to level out the difference before getting it platinum sputter coated.

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
Yeah unfortunately like I think I mentioned previously these materials behave differently when dies or other chemicals are added to create pigment, this is critical with peak plastics and powder based high pressure products. Maybe the red has better machinability than the blue based on composition. Machinability is the most fundamental property in this case as the engraving is located right over the transition of what looks like two slightly different materials. These materials are hard to machine and tool deflection and cut rate will change over the difference in ductility of the two creating a different finish between them, especially with such a small endmill tooling. Sorry for the boring info lol but this may help explain why there’s a difference in a two products coming from the same factory using the same tooling.

this was a great response, thank you sir

Sebbovic

Horology Curious
1/7/19
Overall looks good, i would say it’s very minor speed bumps. Should not be too visible on the wrist.

Decided to GL.
Got my Gen out of the box and compare it with the QC pic in real life size. Nothing visible. Sure, the numbers in the GMT insert are wider and got more surface, so i think you will see the lines in direct light, but I'm okay with this. (Too many reps in the box with small flaws I forgot amd oversee over the time) :)

Reactions: Darkbil and KJ2020

banditeleven2

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/6/21
Decided to GL.
Got my Gen out of the box and compare it with the QC pic in real life size. Nothing visible. Sure, the numbers in the GMT insert are wider and got more surface, so i think you will see the lines in direct light, but I'm okay with this. (Too many reps in the box with small flaws I forgot amd oversee over the time) :)

Well, reps are never gonna be perfect without some franken. But i know speed bumps are a killer.

Txr

Known Member
8/9/10
Decided to GL.

How does the blue compare to the gen?

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
KJ2020 did I hear you say something about the bezel mechanism functioning differently on the CF as opposed to ROF? Or maybe it was the GMT differs from the Sub bezel. I can’t seem to locate that post

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 did I hear you say something about the bezel mechanism functioning differently on the CF as opposed to ROF? Or maybe it was the GMT differs from the Sub bezel. I can’t seem to locate that post

Subs and GMT bezels operate differently bro.

Ths GMT has a 24 scallop retaining ring that the 3 pin click ring detents into as the bezel is rotated.

The CF Pepsi bezel looks to be gen-spec, having the long oval holes. The CF Batman is probably the same. Though the CF insert is not pressure fit and therefore does not have the extra piece under the insert (the insert support ring).

ZVE4ps.jpg

ZVvTEF.jpg

ZVvlSb.jpg

ZVvQPi.jpg

JOM1979

30/7/21
Hi!
Can someone tell me (maybe the link in the RWI forum) what is the best batman 126710 BLNR rep with oyster at the moment? thanks very much!!