• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

Darkbil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/21

Despite minimal joint lines and Clean not being so honest with the preview pictures, I am very happy with the watch. I agree with KJ2020 that the bezel cannot be improved much in the near future. Therefore, I give the green light for the watch. In my opinion, this is the best Batman currently available, considering that the movement on the ARF is a time bomb. In addition, the joint lines are an aspect of the viewing angle and lighting conditions. In my two pictures, the joint lines are only visible once. I am satisfied :).

Darkbil

2/6/21
Great looking piece bro. Congrats!

Thanks bro :). I have two questions:

​​​​​​1. The CF Batman doesn't have the timebomb movement, right? What do I have to mind when I'm first time setting the time on this watch? (is there an guide for that?)
2. Your Bezel Lip Guide is very nice. Do you have a YouTube video with all materials, explaining every step? Because for someone new as me, I'm too scared ruining the bezel of the watch.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Kews

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

Despite minimal joint lines and Clean not being so honest with the preview pictures, I am very happy with the watch. I agree with KJ2020 that the bezel cannot be improved much in the near future. Therefore, I give the green light for the watch. In my opinion, this is the best Batman currently available, considering that the movement on the ARF is a time bomb. In addition, the joint lines are an aspect of the viewing angle and lighting conditions. In my two pictures, the joint lines are only visible once. I am satisfied :).

I am sure the joint lines will look much better on the wrist, not on a blown up photo on a large screen :)

As for your question about the movement (latest post from you) The CF has the reliable GMT movement, nothing to worry about on this one!

Darkbil

2/6/21
I am sure the joint lines will look much better on the wrist, not on a blown up photo on a large screen :)

As for your question about the movement (latest post from you) The CF has the reliable GMT movement, nothing to worry about on this one!

Thanks mate :). I'm glad to have expert people like you

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
still has bad join lines at 6. compared to the quality of the pepsi release, thsi is still V1 aka R&D batch.

next batch should be a lot better

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can you not see the top of the digits it disproportionately higher at the top than the bottom?

Yes bro I can see that it LOOKS like that. That's why I linked to my thread describing that it *should* look that way when there is a larger cyclops border under the bottom of the date window.

Just look at any watch with a cyclops while tilting it up down left and right. It's easier to discern sometimes in pics due to increased zoom. But a wider cyclops border on the bottom of a date window will push the apparent position of a centered datewheel closer to the opposite edge.
It is how a centered datewheel *should* look, when the cyclops border is wider at the bottom of the date window. The datewheel position toward the top edge of the date window is apparent, not actual.

All pics are the same QC watch. The second pic has a shadow line at the top of the date window, which I "removed" in the pic next to it.

jHULaY.jpg

jHU2Js.jpg

​​​​​​​

Darkbil

2/6/21
Yes bro I can see that it LOOKS like that. That's why I linked to my thread describing that it *should* look that way when there is a larger cyclops border under the bottom of the date window.

Just look at any watch with a cyclops while tilting it up down left and right. It's easier to discern sometimes in pics due to increased zoom. But a wider cyclops border on the bottom of a date window will push the apparent position of a centered datewheel closer to the opposite edge.
It is how a centered datewheel *should* look, when the cyclops border is wider at the bottom of the date window. The datewheel position toward the top edge of the date window is apparent, not actual.

All pics are the same QC watch. The second pic has a shadow line at the top of the date window, which I "removed" in the pic next to it.

jHU2Js.jpg

You are simply incredible! Wow, just wow. The way you realised that with the shadow is just intense. It's obvious that you have years of experience compared to the newbies who judge immediately.

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
You are simply incredible! Wow, just wow. The way you realised that with the shadow is just intense. It's obvious that you have years of experience compared to the newbies who judge immediately.

still suts a bit high, lol

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Thanks bro :). I have two questions:

​​​​​​1. The CF Batman doesn't have the timebomb movement, right? What do I have to mind when I'm first time setting the time on this watch? (is there an guide for that?)
2. Your Bezel Lip Guide is very nice. Do you have a YouTube video with all materials, explaining every step? Because for someone new as me, I'm too scared ruining the bezel of the watch.

Thanks in advance!

the batman doesn’t have or need a bezel lip

Reactions: Darkbil

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Just to clear this up, my photo from
Earlier is from a ‘newer batch’ it seemed the very small first production batch had bezel issues and most likely will be passed of in Bali somewhere lol. It seems This is as good as it gets for now, tooling and production processes aren’t cheap to change and most likely won’t be unless it’s worth the investment as most don’t realise this a major Process variation. It’s not just a click of a button and bang we have a brand new perfect insert. Think About it…. theses factories most likely share similar processes & technology and have had the same problems with these inserts for years!. We are all hoping for a breakthrough soon but lets face it, if Rolex struggled for years to perfect this process China will undoubtedly go the same way. These are just my observations and I have worked in the high end of manufacturing of exotic materials for pharmaceutical and aerospace engineering for years.

On the other hand these factories have proved to be very innovative in their engineering processes so fingers crossed they crack the insert code soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020 and Darkbil

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Earlier is from a ‘newer batch’ it seemed the very small first production batch had bezel issues and most likely will be passed of in Bali somewhere lol. It seems This is as good as it gets for now, tooling and production processes aren’t cheap to change and most likely won’t be unless it’s worth the investment as most don’t realise this a major Process variation. It’s not just a click of a button and bang we have a brand new perfect insert. Think About it…. theses factories most likely share similar processes & technology and have had the same problems with these inserts for years!. We are all hoping for a breakthrough soon but lets face it, if Rolex struggled for years to perfect this process China will undoubtedly go the same way. These are just my observations and I have worked in the high end of manufacturing of exotic materials for pharmaceutical and aerospace engineering for years.

On the other hand these factories have proved to be very innovative in their engineering processes so fingers crossed they crack the insert code soon

excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't a thicker coat or more opaque "platinum paint" over the join line in the numeral fix the join line issue?

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21

seems like they had it figured out on the pepsi release, I dont see why they wouldn't have the revised batmans ready to go... the first batch was literally R&D trash unloaded on an eager market.