• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
at this point I ask the experts with a lot of experience in rep and in this world for many years ... what is a good (maybe better) batman alternative?

This is what you'll see most of the time while wearing a CF Batman. This is miles better than what most of us have tolerated for years with a Batman rep. The only thing great about the ARF is its insert and the SH3186 is a POS. Get one of these and enjoy it for what it is.

j3y4i2.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't think whoever posted that was around when ceramic inserts really had speed bumps.

These inserts are miles better than the 5 or 6 Noob, BP, VRF, GMF, aftermarket, etc Batman inserts that I still have lying around. In harsh direct light at the right angle, the ARF Batman insert is just as revealing.

I was quite content for a couple years with my (now inferior) paint modded aftermarket Batman insert. Thin and shallow markers, non-curved 1 serifs, not the most accurate blue, it was still a notch above what most rep factories were making.

15703086604570.jpg

But now we have this and people still act like it's garbage.

j3y4i2.jpg

Obviously they don't know how far rep bicolor inserts have come, or recognize that it will be a LONG time before there's anything better.

j3q8R8.jpg

BreitlingBoi

Horology Curious
24/10/19
CONUS
I don't think whoever posted that was around when ceramic inserts really had speed bumps.

These inserts are miles better than the 5 or 6 Noob, BP, VRF, GMF, aftermarket, etc Batman inserts that I still have lying around. In harsh direct light at the right angle, the ARF Batman insert is just as revealing.

I was quite content for a couple years with my (now inferior) paint modded aftermarket Batman insert. Thin and shallow markers, non-curved 1 serifs, not the most accurate blue, it was still a notch above what most rep factories were making.

15703086604570.jpg

But now we have this and people still act like it's garbage.

j3y4i2.jpg

Obviously they don't know how far rep bicolor inserts have come, or recognize that it will be a LONG time before there's anything better.

j3q8R8.jpg

The post isn’t concerning the quality of the insert. Undoubtedly inserts, bi-color or not, have improved over time as almost everything has. If you read the post and ignore GammaNZ’s out of context interpretation of “Reddit isn’t happy” you’ll find that I am upset about the discrepancy between pre-release photos posted here and in other fora and the delivered product.

Is the bezel insert terrible because of the speed bumps/join lines? No, not in a vacuum. Is the difference between the TD images and other images compared to the delivered product large enough to merit dissatisfaction? I think so.

Clean/ZZF seems to have a tendency for all sorts of dishonest and/or anti-consumer shenanigans and frankly I feel I’m quite justified in my disdain for those practices as a consumer.

As for judging the watch, I’ll reserve that for when I get my watch in hand but I am much less optimistic after this first round of QC photos from Geek Time customers.

Txr

Known Member
8/9/10
Hi All,

I have been waiting for this rep as well and I have those questions:

- I thought its somehow an unspoken rule that pre release photos are from Gen watches and can essentially be just ignored?

- the blue color on this CF batman looks actually very good on the pics. Whats the opinion on the color (minus the bumps)?

Reactions: mech500

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
The post isn’t concerning the quality of the insert. Undoubtedly inserts, bi-color or not, have improved over time as almost everything has. If you read the post and ignore GammaNZ’s out of context interpretation of “Reddit isn’t happy” you’ll find that I am upset about the discrepancy between pre-release photos posted here and in other fora and the delivered product.

Is the bezel insert terrible because of the speed bumps/join lines? No, not in a vacuum. Is the difference between the TD images and other images compared to the delivered product large enough to merit dissatisfaction? I think so.

Clean/ZZF seems to have a tendency for all sorts of dishonest and/or anti-consumer shenanigans and frankly I feel I’m quite justified in my disdain for those practices as a consumer.

As for judging the watch, I’ll reserve that for when I get my watch in hand but I am much less optimistic after this first round of QC photos from Geek Time customers.

What have I taken out of context? Your post was titled 'DON'T FORGET WHAT WAS PROMISED TO US -- CLEAN FACTORY 126710 BLNR' which your text comment I shared summarized, and for the most part I agree the release of these BLNR's has been a bit disappointing with the rough insert, although I think you're being a bit over the top and I'm not sure if this is also exaggerated by Erics photos considering the CF Pepsi also didn't look too great with his camera.

Reactions: Obelard

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.

So are you saying basically TD have this watch on their website with photos different than the QC photos and what was sent to the buyers?

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
if these qc photos were released as the "Pre-release" photos, nobody would of bought one, they bait and switched all of us

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
frankly I feel I’m quite justified in my disdain for those practices as a consumer.

Pre-release pics are always a bit suspect in this game. It is what it is.

Most of the time they use gen pics in the pre release promotions....it kinda goes without saying to wait for actual pics/Qc pics before deciding.

This is how it works in China, you’re not on amazon America anymore.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
frankly I feel I’m quite justified in my disdain for those practices as a consumer.

Pre-release pics are always a bit suspect in this game. It is what it is.

Most of the time they use gen pics in the pre release promotions....it kinda goes without saying to wait for actual pics/Qc pics before deciding.

This is how it works in China, you’re not on amazon America anymore.

To be fair, even those highly edited computer generated gen pre-release pics look nothing like the actual watch.

Reactions: Fervid

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Also, if the American market was big enough for the factories to notice a “boycott” we would have a proper speedmaster rep by now

American market? Lots of the world is outside of America dude, like over 95% of it.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
i think that was his point.. saying we dont have enough influence to even get their attention.

So why would it just need to be Americans? This is an international forum.

Anyway, no one should lose sight of the fact that Clean is ZZF, who don’t exactly have the best reputation for being honest.

Last edited:

Darkbil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/21
My TD received my Batman and I will get in the next 2-3 days QC-Pics

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I really wonder how CF messed the GMT inserts up on these models since they have been so successful in the Sub inserts.
I am also suspicious about the movement when looking at the DW printing and positioning. They are just not on par with the usual renowned standards of VR3185.

Reactions: jonah885