• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bit disappointed with VSF Hulk Dial Color

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Received a VSF Hulk from fellow member recently and overall quality is very VERY impressive. I was quite blown away.

Definitely one of the best OOTB rep I've seen.

However, comparing it's dial "color" to my zzf franken made me realize that I actually prefer zzf's darker dial "color".

Everything about vsf seems to excel when compared to zzf except for the dial "color" imho.

I'm ONLY talking about the dial "COLOR" so if you're vsf fanboy, please relax.

Here's a comparison picture shot from the same angle and under same lighting.

Should I switch the dial? What da ya think?

jj3To2.jpg

Last edited:

7five7

31/12/19
No factory has gotten the hulk dial color/sunburst correct yet.. some do the color very well but the sunburst is off or vice versa, you can swap out the VSF dial for the ZZF of you like it better but it’s still not comparable to Gen color/sunburst

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
No factory has gotten the hulk dial color/sunburst correct yet.. some do the color very well but the sunburst is off or vice versa, you can swap out the VSF dial for the ZZF of you like it better but it’s still not comparable to Gen color/sunburst

You should look into BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06

yea, but at least cf got it pretty close i think...at least better than vsf.

i've never seen bp dial in person but would love to source one if it's available anywhere...

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
yea, but at least cf got it pretty close i think...at least better than vsf.

i've never seen bp dial in person but would love to source one if it's available anywhere...

aacbee34933a17255d191d2533ebf342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Gotta go with a ZF dial or a CF dial.

There was a Youku rep reviewer where he handled a VSF and CF and stated that even though VSF Hulks allegedly have the updated V4 insert, they actually do not. Only CF does and is greener.

So the ultimate Hulk franken with rep parts is a VSF base and ZF dial and CF insert.

Reactions: pclaussen

ornateLover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
As I’d well documented only people who give zero fucks about the dial think the vsf hulk dial is decent. It’s absurdly wrong color and sunburst wise

Reactions: Stevenf

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't like the ZZF Hulk dial at all. I'm going to swap markers and put my BP Miyota dial into the ZZF one of these days, sigh.

Z78ZTS.jpg

I actually dislike wearing my ZZF Hulk now so I better get on it, lol.

You just have to do what makes you happy bro.

Reactions: pompompurin

alexcast

23/6/19
Received a VSF Hulk from fellow member recently and overall quality is very VERY impressive. I was quite blown away.

Definitely one of the best OOTB rep I've seen.

However, comparing it's dial "color" to my zzf franken made me realize that I actually prefer zzf's darker dial "color".

Everything about vsf seems to excel when compared to zzf except for the dial "color" imho.

I'm ONLY talking about the dial "COLOR" so if you're vsf fanboy, please relax.

Here's a comparison picture shot from the same angle and under same lighting.

Should I switch the dial? What da ya think?

jj3To2.jpg

Yes indeed that dial color is not similar to the gen

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Star70

Renowned Member
Certified
19/1/20
If you swap the dial,I’m not too sure that the limes will match up,dial,hands and pearl,I’m survthere is a thread on here about it though

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Hulk dial is impossible to replicate.

every dial will be shit for you.

it’s why I haven’t an hulk rep. I’m ocd and can’t see it on my wrist.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Since nothing can really compete with a gen Hulk dial, I've resigned myself to using dials that I like to look at. I've always liked the unique emerald color of the Noob Hulk dials. They are pretty to look at IMO, so I find joy in that and try not to think about how different a gen dial might be. I put a Noob dial in my gold Hulk.

16192816394490.jpg

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Since nothing can really compete with a gen Hulk dial, I've resigned myself to using dials that I like to look at. I've always liked the unique emerald color of the Noob Hulk dials. They are pretty to look at IMO, so I find joy in that and try not to think about how different a gen dial might be. I put a Noob dial in my gold Hulk.

16192816394490.jpg

Hahaha.....I have a Noob hulk, and love the sunburst and colour, was reading through this thread and had to smile when I read your comments.....I have no idea mine compares to gen, but I LIKE IT....period!

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Gotta go with a ZF dial or a CF dial.

There was a Youku rep reviewer where he handled a VSF and CF and stated that even though VSF Hulks allegedly have the updated V4 insert, they actually do not. Only CF does and is greener.

So the ultimate Hulk franken with rep parts is a VSF base and ZF dial and CF insert.

Not true.
VSF Hulk insert is indeed from CF, and the first batch was V3-10, second release (last 2020) onwards are V4. It has Clean V4 engraving at the back of the insert. Even the VSD 41mm Subs are using CF insert, I’ve seen 41mm LV and LN inserts, both are CF.
I have not seen the video that you mentioned, but I’ve handled a lot of this bezel/insert with my own hands.
I still have v3 and v4 bezels with me, there is even slight improvement on the v4 over the v3.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Quick question. Does the vsf bezel fit the arf hulk?

I replaced the bezel of an ARF V3 with a VSF, it works, using an ARF hydrel ring. I am unsure about another version/combination.