Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit disappointed with VSF Hulk Dial Color

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bit disappointed with VSF Hulk Dial Color

    Received a VSF Hulk from fellow member recently and overall quality is very VERY impressive. I was quite blown away.

    Definitely one of the best OOTB rep I've seen.

    However, comparing it's dial "color" to my zzf franken made me realize that I actually prefer zzf's darker dial "color".

    Everything about vsf seems to excel when compared to zzf except for the dial "color" imho.

    I'm ONLY talking about the dial "COLOR" so if you're vsf fanboy, please relax.

    Here's a comparison picture shot from the same angle and under same lighting.

    Should I switch the dial? What da ya think?


    Last edited by jiro; 08-07-21, 22:42.

    #2
    Toss the vsf dial.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Divers, Chronos, Cars and Coffee

    Comment


      #3
      No factory has gotten the hulk dial color/sunburst correct yet.. some do the color very well but the sunburst is off or vice versa, you can swap out the VSF dial for the ZZF of you like it better but it’s still not comparable to Gen color/sunburst
      Last edited by 7five7; 09-07-21, 00:16.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by 7five7 View Post
        No factory has gotten the hulk dial color/sunburst correct yet.. some do the color very well but the sunburst is off or vice versa, you can swap out the VSF dial for the ZZF of you like it better but it’s still not comparable to Gen color/sunburst
        You should look into BP


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Divers, Chronos, Cars and Coffee

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by 7five7 View Post
          No factory has gotten the hulk dial color/sunburst correct yet.. some do the color very well but the sunburst is off or vice versa, you can swap out the VSF dial for the ZZF of you like it better but it’s still not comparable to Gen color/sunburst
          yea, but at least cf got it pretty close i think...at least better than vsf.

          i've never seen bp dial in person but would love to source one if it's available anywhere...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by jiro View Post

            yea, but at least cf got it pretty close i think...at least better than vsf.

            i've never seen bp dial in person but would love to source one if it's available anywhere...



            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Divers, Chronos, Cars and Coffee

            Comment


              #7
              Check out ZF dial, it’s pretty decent too

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by macarone View Post

                You should look into BP


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Never seen BP dial in person but from photos the sunburst never looked right to me

                Comment


                  #9
                  Gotta go with a ZF dial or a CF dial.

                  There was a Youku rep reviewer where he handled a VSF and CF and stated that even though VSF Hulks allegedly have the updated V4 insert, they actually do not. Only CF does and is greener.

                  So the ultimate Hulk franken with rep parts is a VSF base and ZF dial and CF insert.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    As I’d well documented only people who give zero fucks about the dial think the vsf hulk dial is decent. It’s absurdly wrong color and sunburst wise

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don't like the ZZF Hulk dial at all. I'm going to swap markers and put my BP Miyota dial into the ZZF one of these days, sigh.



                      I actually dislike wearing my ZZF Hulk now so I better get on it, lol.

                      You just have to do what makes you happy bro.
                      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                      GMT Movements Explained
                      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                      The Fantasy Watch Thread
                      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                      Ceramic insert paint mod

                      Double Nine Gonzo!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jiro View Post
                        Received a VSF Hulk from fellow member recently and overall quality is very VERY impressive. I was quite blown away.

                        Definitely one of the best OOTB rep I've seen.

                        However, comparing it's dial "color" to my zzf franken made me realize that I actually prefer zzf's darker dial "color".

                        Everything about vsf seems to excel when compared to zzf except for the dial "color" imho.

                        I'm ONLY talking about the dial "COLOR" so if you're vsf fanboy, please relax.

                        Here's a comparison picture shot from the same angle and under same lighting.

                        Should I switch the dial? What da ya think?

                        Yes indeed that dial color is not similar to the gen


                        Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #13
                          If you swap the dial,I’m not too sure that the limes will match up,dial,hands and pearl,I’m survthere is a thread on here about it though

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hulk dial is impossible to replicate.

                            every dial will be shit for you.

                            it’s why I haven’t an hulk rep. I’m ocd and can’t see it on my wrist.
                            TC 16610LV V6 Franken - 114060LN VSF modded - 126610LV VSF - 116520 Noob V3 Franken - PAM111 Merlin modded - AP 15202 XF Legend modded - PP Nautilus PPF V4

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Since nothing can really compete with a gen Hulk dial, I've resigned myself to using dials that I like to look at. I've always liked the unique emerald color of the Noob Hulk dials. They are pretty to look at IMO, so I find joy in that and try not to think about how different a gen dial might be. I put a Noob dial in my gold Hulk.


                              We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                              GMT Movements Explained
                              BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                              Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                              The Fantasy Watch Thread
                              Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                              Ceramic insert paint mod

                              Double Nine Gonzo!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X