• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DateJust 41mm options atm?

ApIcedOut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/19
hey.
ive been waiting for over 4 weeks now for VSF to come back so I can finally get Datejust 41mm. at this point I didn't even cared for which dial color.
since I asked any TD and no one seem to know if they will ever be back with the DJ 41mm
im thinking if I should go with any other factory at this point?
I know other options are ARF V3 . from what I understood its 1mm thicker than gen and VSF and also DW is very bold and aren't that great. also movement isn't the best.
the other option is GMF which I dont have many information about this factory.

what y'all think? any good option out there that compare to VSF consistency and quality?

( I know I can easily search it but I haven't found much and also would like to get new opinions to see if anything changed)

Last edited:

Starry Night

20/1/21
Earth
Place my order for an ARF V3 DateJust II Blue about a week ago, waiting for QC pics. I’m sure I will be happy with it once received.

Last edited:
Reactions: YT888

McPwn

21/9/20
The ARF is probably the 2nd best OOTB. From what I've read, ARF has a better bracelet than VSF and the movement will be more reliable than the VS3235, as I've heard of many problems with the VSF failing.

The bold DW isnt technically wrong, as Rolex produced both bold and thin DW fonts. See below Gen with bold DW.
jjzgCn.png

See below for a dealer's comparison of ARF vs VSF datejust which mentions this:
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTEyM...k4ODc3Ng%3D%3D

I have a GMF myself, as I couldn't order the VSF, and I frankened mine. At first I thought GMF had a true clone 3235, but it turned out to be a reworked 3135 with 3235 decorations. The good thing is that it can use a 3136 Gen datewheel without need for a datewheel overlay, like the ARF does. I think it should also take Gen hands without need for a pinion mod like ARF. The bad thing is that time-setting is clockwise to advance, whereas Gen is counter-clockwise, like the 2824 in the ARF.

GMF case and bracelet is pretty good, but OOTB the ARF has a better dial with correct markers. GMF markers are slightly too wide, more trapezoidal.

Last edited:

ApIcedOut

4/6/19
The ARF is probably the 2nd best OOTB. From what I've read, ARF has a better bracelet than VSF and the movement will be more reliable than the VS3235, as I've heard of many problems with the VSF failing.

The bold DW isnt technically wrong, as Rolex produced both bold and thin DW fonts. See below Gen with bold DW.
jjzgCn.png

See below for a dealer's comparison of ARF vs VSF datejust which mentions this:
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTEyM...k4ODc3Ng%3D%3D

I have a GMF myself, as I couldn't order the VSF, and I frankened mine. At first I thought GMF had a true clone 3235, but it turned out to be a reworked 3135 with 3235 decorations. The good thing is that it can use a 3136 Gen datewheel without need for a datewheel overlay, like the ARF does. I think it should also take Gen hands without need for a pinion mod like ARF. The bad thing is that time-setting is clockwise to advance, whereas Gen is counter-clockwise, like the 2824 in the ARF.

GMF case and bracelet is pretty good, but OOTB the ARF has a better dial with correct markers. GMF markers are slightly too wide, more trapezoidal.

Thanks for the information.
I noticed arf is 1mm thicker than gen and vsf. Is that something noticeable on wrist or when you look at it?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Please keep in mind that datejust II 41mm and datejust 41 are 2 different watches. To my knowledge ARF doesn't do any Datejust II, only Datejust 41 (and 36 but that's not the topic)

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Arf is the one to go ...... Change the date to gen ( as an overlay) and it's perfect ..... If you are picky , change also the crystal to gen ..... You won't need more :)

Here is my franken Arf v3

TTBHG

17/10/20
Arf is the one to go ...... Change the date to gen ( as an overlay) and it's perfect ..... If you are picky , change also the crystal to gen ..... You won't need more :)

Beautiful watch. DateJust is going to be my next purchase.

Reactions: Gds__Ares

jacquy

26/9/18

Did you buy this ARF watch with the Winbledon dial?

ApIcedOut

4/6/19

Beautiful watch.
How’s the thickness compare to gen I couldn’t find that information .
also Any other flaws beside DW and crystal?
Any reason you choose arf and not vsf(Assuming you bought it when both were available ?

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
jacquy sorry didn't mentioned that .... You can't buy arf with wimbledon Dial. .. the dial is from gmf :)

​​​​​​@ApIcedOut i don't have any information about thickness , there was never a discussion about that i think so its fine :) when i bought this , there was no vsf on the market ....

McPwn

21/9/20
Beautiful watch.
How’s the thickness compare to gen I couldn’t find that information .
also Any other flaws beside DW and crystal?
Any reason you choose arf and not vsf(Assuming you bought it when both were available ?

I don't think theres much of an issue with thickeness on DJ reps. Per mega12's comparison, ARF thickness is 11.9mm, gen thickness is 11.8mm.

ApIcedOut

4/6/19
I don't think theres much of an issue with thickeness on DJ reps. Per mega12's comparison, ARF thickness is 11.9mm, gen thickness is 11.8mm.

Thanks for the info!
weird because I look into few TD websites and it says ARF is 13mm thick.
maybe it’s older version or wrong?

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Don't always trust trusted dealers in the description:) a bro of mine has the gen ..... If you look closely , there is nearly no difference with gen dw and xtal . Offcourse beside the lugs , and bezel :)