• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying noob v11 from seller

Aemilius

Horology Curious
4/7/21
I am about to buy a submariner noob v11 black from a seller in Greece. How i can check that is the right version and not v10 or v9 and get scamed? There is spare parts for the ETA for the noob v11? Thank you in advancehttps://files.fm/u/q94musfqf

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
Are you buying from a seller here on RWI????
Have him do a reserved sale for you with pictures where one can see the watch without protective foils and covers.
Have him disclose where he purchased the watch and for which price.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Aemilius

Horology Curious
4/7/21
Are you buying from a seller here on RWI????
Have him do a reserved sale for you with pictures where one can see the watch without protective foils and covers.
Have him disclose where he purchased the watch and for which price.
Νο is a seller i found from a man i know, he said that we can go in a watch shop one of his friend to do any test i want, the big problem is that i am very far away, i don't know what to ask to really check that is the v11

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 8 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
ok, I see

if the watch has an Asia Eta clone then spare parts is not an issue, do not buy if it is the version with the SA3135 clone movement

the V11 Eta version was sold for around 348$ so you should not be asked to pay more than around 250 - 300€
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22312

if seller is asking more don't buy
if seller is asking less than 250€ then be cautious as deal may be too good to be true (increase cautiousness with increased distance to 250)

buy the seller and the man you know him from
if you trust them then ok, if you don't (as indicated by your post) then don't

if he offers to take it to a watchsmith for investigation then ask him for a video including timegrapher results, clearly visible clasp code, all protective covers removed from case/crystal/bezel (not necessarily bracelet), caseback opened and movement visible, video should also include bezel operation and proper alignment, crown unscrewing and tightening process, quick set of date, time adjustment, date jump when passing 24h mark, ...

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It's impossible to tell exactly what it is from looking at a short video of the watch completely encased in the coffin box, plastics etc. Having said that, the date font looks way too heavy for a Noob. It may be an ARF (or something cheap) dressed in Noob plastic protectors... If you don't know the seller and don't have a good knowledge of reps, then it's probably not the best idea to buy a rep this way.

Aemilius

Horology Curious
4/7/21
Thank you all for the fast reply! I asked him for a video he was very kind and said that will send to me asap, i will upload it here, the price is a lot more than 350€ but i don't really care because i need it for the weekend (it's my marriage) and i could not find other "super clone" in greek market. I wish i had find your forum earlier. For 6 months he will pay any problem of the watch and will get me in touch with his watch maker for later services. It will be this or an original Seiko Presage.

Last edited:

Aemilius

Horology Curious
4/7/21
I received more videos. I am waiting for the eta 3135 video. The fond on the date its a bit heavy that is true but all the other things seems fine. What is your opinion? I will update when i will have more https://files.fm/u/hqc4uvwxd

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
For 6 months he will pay any problem of the watch and will get me in touch with his watch maker for later services.
Isn't this what salesmen usually say in order to get you to buy something, and then at the first hint of a problem deny that they ever said any such thing?

I still think that date font is suspiciously bold.

If it was my wedding at the weekend, I'd probably have other things higher up my priority list than scoring a dodgy fake Rolex. :)

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Thats not a noob rolex. That date is not correct. Someone had a Batman with similar date being sold under Noob. Stay away. Stick with your Seiko.

Put a wanted post maybe someone in Greece has one they want to sell. Worth a shot. But hard to pull off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aemilius

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
many of seiko's presage line are both tasteful and humble watches (in my opinion)
not that anyone would pay attention to your watch, but flashing a chunky and expensive folex does not send a great message anyhow

Reactions: Aemilius

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Thank you Guys for everything! I will order a good rep from an RWI TD, and for the ceremony a Seiko is fine!

You want to start your marriage with a trusted real time piece because thats how you want your marriage to be. Not a Fake Wannabe Imposter with a non trusted movement that can fail because its cheaper made lol. Jk but makes sense plus you dont rush to get a better actuall Noob watch.