• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how to install zzf v3 3135 submariner bezel back onto watch?Thanks

qualia0310

Looking Around
5/5/21
Appreciate if somebody can help, i tried to search in forum but didn't manage to find a solution, sorry if this question is silly and really thanks for any comments:)

issue description:
this poor watch(ZZF V3 3135,bought from china) dropped from desk accidently seveal weeks ago and breaks into part 1,2,3,4 like pic1. i lukily managed to stack part1,2,3 together to part5 like pic2, but still not able to attach part5 back to part4 no matter how many times i tried using my clumsy hands. (all small springs and balls seems still there no missing parts)

Solutions tried:
1), to ship back to china seller to fix by mailing but failed sadly, the watch is in singapore, logistic companies rejected to ship and said must have receipt also can't be fake.
2), to fix it in local watch repair shop, i tried 3 watch repair shops and the stuff there said not able to install it back, not sure it is due to i am unlucky or they only accept authentic watches.
3), i searched in forum and googled quite a few but this zzf v3 is different from authentic bezel design, didn't find a video for such a newbie like me to DIY.
4), i also asked some watch repair tools sellers in taobao/alibaba, the stuffs also say no such tools.

Help needed:
does anybody know which tool i should buy and how can i install this bezel back? if there is some video link for newbie it will be awesome:)
Thanks a lot for your kind help, i represent this poor watch to show sincere appreciation, really out of idea where i should ask for help to save this poor watch:)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Have a look at the thread linked below bro. You are really lucky you have all the parts and nothing broke!

It's hard to tell from your pics but it looks like your bezel gasket (hytrel ring) is still on the watch. If so, you need to carefully remove it and insert it into the groove for it in the bezel. It has to go in the proper way, note how it sits on the watch before taking it off.

Also, especially for a beginner, you are probably better off removing the insert from the bezel before pressing the bezel onto the watch. Then align and replace the insert. You may need a cheap crystal press and some dies to press the bezel onto the watch.

ZZF Sub bezel not flush

qualia0310

Looking Around
5/5/21
Appreciate a lot for your time and kind help:)
i will read the mentioned post carefully and try, if it works will post an update with pics for future newbie's reference too:)

Have a look at the thread linked below bro. You are really lucky you have all the parts and nothing broke!

It's hard to tell from your pics but it looks like your bezel gasket (hytrel ring) is still on the watch. If so, you need to carefully remove it and insert it into the groove for it in the bezel. It has to go in the proper way, note how it sits on the watch before taking it off.

Also, especially for a beginner, you are probably better off removing the insert from the bezel before pressing the bezel onto the watch. Then align and replace the insert. You may need a cheap crystal press and some dies to press the bezel onto the watch.

ZZF Sub bezel not flush

Reactions: KJ2020

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia

ZZF Sub bezel not flush

You're a good man.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Make sure the bezel insert is aligned perfectly in the bezel before you install it. You can align the perl with one of teeth.