• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM035-02 ZF V3 NH05A or RM035-02 RMXF Miyota Mod

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I think the ZF is sold out, I haven't seen a new one land in a while (although I could be wrong).

I do note the RMX is listed as having a Miyota and being 17mm thick, though, which is not in line with the pictures I've seen in the other thread on the red RMX

Reactions: bartham

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
for the moment we do not know yet, on paper the miyota is better than the Seiko. personally I took the red to test.

bartham

Horology Curious
22/2/21
for the moment we do not know yet, on paper the miyota is better than the Seiko. personally I took the red to test.

I understand I see the miyota is very new so the zf would probably be a safer option when it’s hopefully back in stock.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
I understand I see the miyota is very new so the zf would probably be a safer option when it’s hopefully back in stock.

no, the ZF with the seiko movement has problems because it is not fluid enough. the miyota is better on the movement part. on the other hand the finishes, the glass, and the quality of the watch, we will see it soon on the new model

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
My main issue is that while the Miyota is indisputably a better movement overall, it's a good bit larger than the NH05 and I don't know how that'll affect the cases. There was a reason they switched to the Seiko when they made gen-sized cases, and from what I can tell it was because the NH is tiiiiiny and usually used in women's watches whereas the Miyota is larger both in diameter and thickness. Given the tonneau shape there's only so much room to fit a movement and deco in there and I always assumed a Miyota was too large to fit or they would've used it.

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
My main issue is that while the Miyota is indisputably a better movement overall, it's a good bit larger than the NH05 and I don't know how that'll affect the cases. There was a reason they switched to the Seiko when they made gen-sized cases, and from what I can tell it was because the NH is tiiiiiny and usually used in women's watches whereas the Miyota is larger both in diameter and thickness. Given the tonneau shape there's only so much room to fit a movement and deco in there and I always assumed a Miyota was too large to fit or they would've used it.

the miyota is 1cm wider. but the miyota is thinner

I prefer the miyota because it goes at 28,800 bph. against seiko 21,600 bph

bartham

Horology Curious
22/2/21
no, the ZF with the seiko movement has problems because it is not fluid enough. the miyota is better on the movement part. on the other hand the finishes, the glass, and the quality of the watch, we will see it soon on the new model

Yes I will wait till there is a review of the miyota so I can make a choice

bartham

Horology Curious
22/2/21

Yeah that also the reason I wanna consider it

bartham

Horology Curious
22/2/21

Good point I’ll Wait until there is a better miyota review to compare it with the nh05

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19

Regardless of the beat rate, the Miyota is much broader and probably won't fit into a gen-sized case. The stutter on the NH05 I think is by far the bigger problem than the beat rate, and I think an NH05 without rotor is about the same thickness (~4mm) but is a good 9-10mm smaller in diameter which is a really big deal for those RM cases with deceptively little space inside.

All in all, the more important thing to me is why TT is listing the RMX with a Miyota and a 17mm thickness when that doesn't at all match the red sample one that's been posted. The first photos in the dedicated thread for that are obviously a variant of the same deco from the ZF v3, yet here's what's supposed to be the same watch from the same factory yet the specs are totally different. It's just really odd and sketches me out a bit about RMX.

jtr21510

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
Regardless of the beat rate, the Miyota is much broader and probably won't fit into a gen-sized case. The stutter on the NH05 I think is by far the bigger problem than the beat rate, and I think an NH05 without rotor is about the same thickness (~4mm) but is a good 9-10mm smaller in diameter which is a really big deal for those RM cases with deceptively little space inside.

All in all, the more important thing to me is why TT is listing the RMX with a Miyota and a 17mm thickness when that doesn't at all match the red sample one that's been posted. The first photos in the dedicated thread for that are obviously a variant of the same deco from the ZF v3, yet here's what's supposed to be the same watch from the same factory yet the specs are totally different. It's just really odd and sketches me out a bit about RMX.

It's weird to me when I saw the thickness is 17mm, because all the Chinese web which sells RMX 35-02 states that the thickness is 14mm. In the video I shared in another thread, there's a guy did measure the dimension, and he got 14mm on the thickness too.

I checked with Andrew from Trusty if it's a typo or something, he said it's the dimension that factory provided to him.

Another thing which bothers me is the movement, some of the Chinese web shows that RMX use the same movement as ZF use, which is seiko, But now we have a different movement on Trusty....

bartham

Horology Curious
22/2/21

Very well explained. You think the. Miyota will fix the stuttering as seen in the nh05?

fitipaldi

Supporter
8/10/10
Does someone buy the RMXF version yet?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

root1

Looking Around
4/7/21
Yes I did buy one; and I'm incredibly disappointed.. The bezel is not centred; and many issues overall on the watch.

Capture-d-cran-2021-06-27-10-49-44.png

h.pagani158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/21
I have the RMX & am super happy with it!

Thinking about selling it though to buy crypto. If anyone is interested dm me an offer :)

I’m in the Bay Area, CA would prefer a local transaction, but open to shipping anywhere in the US.

Last edited:

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Just ordered a ZF V3 on Puretime but forgot about the stuttering issue of the seconds hand. Is that resolved in the V3 or still an issue?
PT didn't sent an order confirmation yet that the watch is in stock or not..