• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is she the best to date jbf rm001

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
is this the best model to date?

JbF Rm001
depends what you are looking for, there are no rep rm that is similar to gen but if what you are after is a not a huge case with good proportions overall and a nice movement even though case measurement and obviously the finish is really far from the real deal but it’s still a really nice looking watch, if you want a great close to gen proportion then you’re better off with the zf 35-02 or other zf rm, if you can live with the fact that the moving gears are fixed, so really it’s up to you’re liking.
this is a waiting game and with rm it will take years, I agree with folks that say the rm11 that zf will(if they ever will) release might be our best bet for the future, still it will have a deco plate.. who knows how that will be..

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I agree with Takel98 , it depends heavily on what you're looking for. With RMs everything is a tradeoff on what flaws you accept and which you don't, which makes it really hard to say that one is the "best" at the moment. Cons to the JBF are its unavailability, the springbar strap mechanism (which doesn't matter unless you plan to change straps), and the usual haggles about finishing, proportion, and details. Other than that, it's a gorgeous watch if you're looking for a tourb. The EURF 27 is also really nice but it's noticeably thicker than gen and super loud. The 35 and the 55 are pretty on in terms of case size and rough shape, as well as materials, but they're still just a Seiko movement in a pretty dress. The mask/skull is pretty good but I personally think it's hideous and don't really know details beyond that. The 11 has the best chance to be repped right, just need to stick some KVF deco in a case that isn't the size and shape of a stadium, but we've been waiting on that release for years now.

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
I already have an RM35 v3 and RM056 EUR, and I have drugs to want a 3rd

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I enjoy the RM001, it gets the most wrist time. Every watch has a trade off. Pros: great size manual wind, tourby. Cons: glass is sometimes murky, wish it had better AR. Manual wind ratio seems weird in that mine takes may turns just to wind the spring.
I would buy a 2nd Rm001 if they could improve the glare on the inner glass/plastic where the numbers are on. It’s really reflective, not in a good way.

However, still my favorite.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I enjoy the RM001, it gets the most wrist time. Every watch has a trade off. Pros: great size manual wind, tourby. Cons: glass is sometimes murky, wish it had better AR. Manual wind ratio seems weird in that mine takes may turns just to wind the spring.
I would buy a 2nd Rm001 if they could improve the glare on the inner glass/plastic where the numbers are on. It’s really reflective, not in a good way.

I concur with the above, excellent post. Mine has excellent winding tho... I wear it every weekend.
3bb0c2c85fcb19e754c0c21525e98355.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/21

Is your RM 055 getting more wrist time now or do you still prefer the RM 001? I know you enjoy both for different reasons, one has a tourbillon and is more classic, while the other is lighter, more wearable in terms of comfort but wondering which of the two you enjoy most now as compared to when you wrote this post.

abdulaziz

Looking Around
17/6/21
I wanna pass an RM as gen. Is the rm001 still the best? I inspected the RM53-01 and it’s tourbillion and details seam to be not easily distinguishible from gen. Am I wrong? What’s the best rep as close to gen today? I don’t really care which model it is as long as I can pass it as gen. Thanks

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I wanna pass an RM as gen. Is the rm001 still the best? I inspected the RM53-01 and it’s tourbillion and details seam to be not easily distinguishible from gen. Am I wrong? What’s the best rep as close to gen today? I don’t really care which model it is as long as I can pass it as gen. Thanks

Buy a gen. It's the only watch you can pass off as a gen.

Reactions: Pdatoon

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe

Gosh... what I’m I reading.. Chrono24 is a great website for what your searching :picard2:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Someone mentioned this watch is not available anymore, is this accurate or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
After looking closely at the JBF RM001...it is so far off from gen it’s not even funny. These RM reps are very poorly executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
The main benefit of the RM001 IMO is that you will never meet anyone who has seen a GEN so for me it’s a better bet than the others because no one knows what the Gen really looks like. But as others say, your demeanor and overall look will determine the authenticity to others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk