• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM35-02 Red NTPT

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
I just rejected second set of QC. If it’s no good on third I’m not taking the watch as I do not have high hopes for this anymore....

I’ve never experienced such issues with QC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch was really looking forward this model let’s hope 3rd set will be the right one although I’m also starting to lose hope

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Same problem as the first time?

No first time the case was just terrible all scratched up or cracks on top and bottom. Second one case was great, but white quartz lines were crooked and slanted, not going left to right correctly.

All in all both pieces do not look like what we’ve seen on Instagram or forums so I rejected them.

jtr21510

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
No first time the case was just terrible all scratched up or cracks on top and bottom. Second one case was great, but white quartz lines were crooked and slanted, not going left to right correctly.

All in all both pieces do not look like what we’ve seen on Instagram or forums so I rejected them.

That's terrible.

Seems like RMX's quality control is not reliable, I will keep waiting for AF's restock..lol

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe

Maybe that’s why td still don’t actually list them in stock, the end product atm seems to be very inconsistent I can understand working with ntpt must be difficult to mantain the same white pattern let’s hope they increase their quality control

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
That's terrible.

Seems like RMX's quality control is not reliable, I will keep waiting for AF's restock..lol

But TD QC is, as long as purchased through a TD QC should not be a problem. That’s why they are trusted innit :)

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Yes I’m not worried about it

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Sounds like the RMX factory are not consistent. Was offered one by a seller for $1150 from Instagram. After reading this, I'm thinking I should wait for ZF or till RMX comes up a bit.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Does the movement move?

If you mean the balance wheel, no, it does not move and it's doubtful that any rep will get that for a long time if ever. If you mean does the deco move, yes, the three larger wheels do move with the hands/setting the time. If you mean does the movement function as a watch, yes of course it does.

anto88

6/1/21
If you mean the balance wheel, no, it does not move and it's doubtful that any rep will get that for a long time if ever. If you mean does the deco move, yes, the three larger wheels do move with the hands/setting the time. If you mean does the movement function as a watch, yes of course it does.

I received my artisans Pirlo and the movement moves very well, balance wheel as well.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Judging from the thickness it looks like ZF... crystal, sparkle, etc

f1763025e2b721c7482665d1d1a75aef.jpg

wtf is it me or the crown looks 3d printed? LMAO

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I received my artisans Pirlo and the movement moves very well, balance wheel as well.

Lol I'm wearing a Pirlo right now. There's an ENORMOUS difference between skeletonizing an existing rep movement (VR3130 in the case of the Pirlo) and repping an RM movement with a working balance wheel. No one's cloned the Vaucher that the RM is based on, and then they'd have to skeletonize that. It's really not a good comparison.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Lol I'm wearing a Pirlo right now. There's an ENORMOUS difference between skeletonizing an existing rep movement (VR3130 in the case of the Pirlo) and repping an RM movement with a working balance wheel. No one's cloned the Vaucher that the RM is based on, and then they'd have to skeletonize that. It's really not a good comparison.

You are absolutely right.

Anyways - this tool is just trying to get his post count up to make a sale...

anto88

6/1/21
You are absolutely right.

Anyways - this tool is just trying to get his post count up to make a sale...

i have nothing for sale, I'd like to buy.
i registered time ago but I got covid and now have more free time.
that's it
I don't know what's wrong with you

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Never knew of artisans pirlo, looks like it has got all the characteristics of a modern Rolex except the dial :D

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Never knew of artisans pirlo, looks like it has got all the characteristics of a modern Rolex except the dial :D

It's pretty sweet, I gotta say, and it scratches the "moving balance wheel" itch my RMs don't just yet. The finishing on it is pretty insane under a loupe, and the fact that they skeletonized a clone in almost the exact same way as the gen is really cool.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
It's pretty sweet, I gotta say, and it scratches the "moving balance wheel" itch my RMs don't just yet. The finishing on it is pretty insane under a loupe, and the fact that they skeletonized a clone in almost the exact same way as the gen is really cool.

Shame factories replicate the RMs still struggles to put something reasonable on the table, I don’t believe it’d be be difficult for them to build a good movement if they really wanted to

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Shame factories replicate the RMs still struggles to put something reasonable on the table, I don’t believe it’d be be difficult for them to build a good movement if they really wanted to

I have to big disagree right there, it's not "reasonable" to clone RM movements. Like I said upthread, just because they can skeletonize an existing clone movement does not mean they can clone and then skeletonize an RM movement. The Chinese nouveau riche are obsessed with RM as a status symbol, so if it was not difficult to clone an RM they'd already have done it. It's basically the equivalent of rebuilding your own movement from scratch, not even in the same ballpark as making a Pirlo.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
I have to big disagree right there, it's not "reasonable" to clone RM movements. Like I said upthread, just because they can skeletonize an existing clone movement does not mean they can clone and then skeletonize an RM movement. The Chinese nouveau riche are obsessed with RM as a status symbol, so if it was not difficult to clone an RM they'd already have done it. It's basically the equivalent of rebuilding your own movement from scratch, not even in the same ballpark as making a Pirlo.
Agreed, I also believe that probably for many models repping the movement would be impossible, I would suggest however to rep some simpler rm such as 005,010,030 and also an rm 11 with a rep movement but with che correct case size and shape would fly of the shelf, that one is harder then previous models but I think it’s probably doable, I know zf was producing one for the last couple of years maybe they quit the project who knows...