• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM35-02 Red NTPT

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Appreciate the translation! Although ZF fixed the jewel with the v3 carbon one and the 55, lol. Always nice to have some more competition in the RM game

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
If RMX plays it right they could be the ones to take the crown from ZF. The cool thing too is RMX seems to negate the need for someone like ABD. I really hope they offer more RMs later on like the 55 variants or maybe even the almost impossible to crack 67-02.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
To be brutally honest all this ABD thing sounds like a big scam to me, there is a thread on the forum, with 2 piece of carbon sheets and claims to be manufacturing red ntpt with no manufacturing process in record, and their watch now seems to be exact same to that RMX. Has anyone noticed Richard Mille is still not under on popular blands section by the way :)

I think it’s time for factories to replicate the movement of the RM35, and they will sell like hot cakes

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
To be brutally honest all this ABD thing sounds like a big scam to me, there is a thread on the forum, with 2 piece of carbon sheets and claims to be manufacturing red ntpt with no manufacturing process in record, and their watch now seems to be exact same to that RMX. Has anyone noticed Richard Mille is still not under on popular blands section by the way :)

I think it’s time for factories to replicate the movement of the RM35, and they will sell like hot cakes

I agree on ABD, however attractive some of the products may be, it doesn't feel right and enough people have been screwed that it just isn't worth it.

However, I'm not going to say "never" but the likelihood of any Chinese factory cloning an RM movement is just about zero in my opinion. Arguably the single most complicated thing out of the entire watch, and there's nothing to start from unless you're going to make it from scratch, and at that point any machinist that can handle it is going to be doing other, much more lucrative projects

Reactions: Timrm

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Always temped by this model, but whenever i watch a video and see that stuttering/ choppy seconds hand, it puts me off. I understand it can be improved upon a service mod, but its extra cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
If that's legit quartz NTPT I can't wait to see one on wrist and I'll have to buy one. Glad to see someone shaking up the RM market like ZF first did!

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
If that's legit quartz NTPT I can't wait to see one on wrist and I'll have to buy one. Glad to see someone shaking up the RM market like ZF first did!
do you think it's the same seiko movement as ZF?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
do you think it's the same seiko movement as ZF?

Sure looks to be, you can see it hanging out in the usual place at 6:00 and there aren't that many movements small enough to cram into the deco (I think it's like 12.5mm in diameter or something like that) so it's likely an NH5. Looks like they did the blackened wheel on the deco like the ABD collab ZF, and to my eye it's really close but NOT the same as the ZF deco.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Just received QC had to reject...

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
Rmx

gen

my zf

red TPT looks good, but crown and caseback engraving looks better on ZF and overall the ZF RM looks more attractive in my opinion

TheDonSL

28/12/13
How come due to the ntpt or something else?

Terrible case or NTPT on top and bottom. Hopefully just a bad one otherwise this rmx may be a flop.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I’ve actually had a red quartz rm before, I can’t recall which model it was though, these red quartz cases been around for quite a long time now actually, I remember that it did reflect the light beautifully, the layers of the ntpt was much much better than what they have had on the black one then and it should still be better than the ZF V3 case I think. It is just difficult to judge from photos unless you have it in your hands and see how it reflects the light when you move around

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Layers are much thinner on the red than it is on the black, I maybe wrong though but that’s what it looks like to me and that means it reflects more light I think

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I’ve actually had a red quartz rm before, I can’t recall which model it was though, these red quartz cases been around for quite a long time now actually, I remember that it did reflect the light beautifully, the layers of the ntpt was much much better than what they have had on the black one then and it should still be better than the ZF V3 case I think. It is just difficult to judge from photos unless you have it in your hands and see how it reflects the light when you move around

I think the first gen RM with the red quartz was the RM11 and it came out like ten years ago? The F1/Indycar driver Romain Grosjean has been wearing one since it came out, it's actually what got me into the RM rep game!

I'm also wondering if the finishing problems we saw on the caseback in the initial promo photos aren't due to how hard quartz is to machine, especially if we've got the first RL due to finishing problems on the case. From what I know of machining the transitions between resin/CF/quartz would be an absolute bitch to get right without cracking, and engraving would wear out tools with a quickness.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Okay I remembered now :) mine was a 35 Rafa with open case back and the sides of the case was black coated steel I think, and the crown also steel, and the engraving on the back was completely offset :D

I still am waiting for an RM 11, they will come out really good I think if they can manage to thin the case and Change that ugly rotor with something like that is on the rm35 Rafa

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Discuss peepz, i like the ZF more. Looks more crisp imo.

6a3c81c34617213-29.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-30.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-31.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-32.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-33.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-34.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-35.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-37.jpg

6a3c81c34617213-38.jpg

Last edited:

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I just rejected second set of QC. If it’s no good on third I’m not taking the watch as I do not have high hopes for this anymore....

I’ve never experienced such issues with QC...

jtr21510

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
I just rejected second set of QC. If it’s no good on third I’m not taking the watch as I do not have high hopes for this anymore....

I’ve never experienced such issues with QC...

Same problem as the first time?