• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fixing of the STUTTERING of second’s hand of RM035-02 ZF V3, NH05 movement

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Hi guys,
As everyone knew we’re all faced to the stuttering of second’s hand. After I read through of our 2 moderators mentioned in the “Ultimate ZF RM035 Thread”QueTip Stuvetjee that the stuttering of second’s hand occurred from lack of tension of friction spring for center seconds pinion.
Then, I placed the ordered for 2.35 mm 5 prongs and 4 prongs screwdriver and also with 1.10 mm 5 prongs screwdriver.
Today, the 2.35 mm 5 prongs and 1.10 mm 5 prongs arrived my place first. So, I start to disassembly my watch which can be unscrewed only case back part. However, It’s ok for fix the stuttering problem.
Before anything “DO NOT ORDER THE 1.10 MM 5 PRONGS, THIS NO NEED TO USE”
OK. First, unscrew all case back screws by 2.35 mm 5 prongs screwdriver.
ZUEUZY.jpg

and move the rotor and deco plate out
ZUEWID.jpg

Now we’ll see the “Automatic Mechanism” this need to move out to go for friction spring observation, the automatic mechanism being held by these 2 screws, unscrew them.
ZUEaXk.jpg

Here, the circled is friction spring for center hand pinion. Firstly, I tried to tighten the spring’s screw but the second’s hand still stuttering. So, I unscrew the spring out and bend the bended part and tight the screw back and check the second hand, if it still stuttering, unscrew it and bend it more. Do like this until you think your OCD said this is ok.
ZUEqQP.jpg
ZUEynQ.jpg

Then reassemble all things together and enjoy!!!!! I’ll post the video soon.

Please be noted that you guys must take the strap out from watch head by 2.35 mm 4 prongs screwdriver, this will make you work easier 10 times. Mine 4 prongs is still not arrive but i can bot live with the stuttering.

After my 4 prongs arrive I will go for bezel screw modding and black gear modding. Will keep you guys posted.

Hope this help for every owner stuttering.

Last edited:

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Verry good guide. Im not RM guy or own a RM but i realy like this typ of guides. Thanks bro!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: Zeula

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Excellent [mention]Zeula [/mention] thank you for this tutorial

Small question (as I do not have the watch yet), you are talking about deco plate and posting a picture of the rotor, is the watch manual winding?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Excellent [mention]Zeula [/mention] thank you for this tutorial

Small question (as I do not have the watch yet), you are talking about deco plate and posting a picture of the rotor, is the watch manual winding?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry mate. I just edited the post "remove rotor and deco plate out" it's not manual winding mate. NH05 is automatic movement.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Here, the circled is friction spring for center hand pinion. Firstly, I tried to tighten the spring’s screw but the second’s hand still stuttering. So, I unscrew the spring out and bend the bended part and tight the screw back and check the second hand, if it still stuttering, unscrew it and bend it more. Do like this until you think your OCD said this is ok.
Thanks for the guide. It's a nice write up and pictures.

Can you explain the bending? The bending should give the spring a convex shape (when mounted)?

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Thanks for the guide. It's a nice write up and pictures.

Can you explain the bending? The bending should give the spring a convex shape (when mounted)?

Try a bit convex first then mount if still stuttering, bend it more then mount again. Please be noted that the end of spring’s tip must place at the center pinion point before you tighten the screw. If you bend too much the tip will sit far from the pinion so it will be no used to bend

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Hi all,

Some member pm'ed me that after he reassemble all things together but the automatic winding mechanism wasn't work.

Here is a tip. Seiko use magic lever as known as pawl lever to turn the reduction wheel to wind the watch while the rotor is winded. This will keep the automatic winding mechanism undergoes.

After you guys install the friction spring, you have to install the automatic mechanism back too. The pawl lever is attached under the automatic mechanism. The pawl lever should be set as the following picture.

To test that the pawl lever work properly, you just try to install the rotor back and turn the rotor both way, ccw and cw. If the reduction wheel turn while rotor and pawl lever is working its mean every thing complete.

Please be noted that " Do not oiled the friction spring, it will make the stuttering of second hand more noticeable"

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
Zeula The ZF rm055 has the same NH05A movement but they use manual wind. Seems there is no rotor for automatic wind.

Reactions: krkqm2008

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Zeula The ZF rm055 has the same NH05A movement but they use manual wind. Seems there is no rotor for automatic wind.

The rotor was not the issue. The issue of stuttering is from lack pressure of friction spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk