• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Sorry to hear about the qc issues, it should not happen, especially at these prices.

Putting that aside, you feel the 055 is the nicer watch on the wrist? In terms of fit/finish and comfortability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quality issues aside, assuming both were perfect.. I really do like the 55 quite a bit... it does feel much smaller without the side flanges. does feel sport without any rotor moving around, and winding it seems to be quite easy. However unlike normal real hand wound movements, you dont get any feedback when it is full, just best guess. Most other hand wounds will have the feeling of tension when winding is complete.

Based off my whole RM crazy purchase spreee, i would be happy with just the RM 055. (RM010, RM011 KVF, RM56-02, RM35, RM63, RM001) its the journey that counts not the destination

Reactions: THXuk and Pdatoon

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
quality issues aside, assuming both were perfect.. I really do like the 55 quite a bit... it does feel much smaller without the side flanges. does feel sport without any rotor moving around, and winding it seems to be quite easy. However unlike normal real hand wound movements, you dont get any feedback when it is full, just best guess. Most other hand wounds will have the feeling of tension when winding is complete.

Based off my whole RM crazy purchase spreee, i would be happy with just the RM 055. (RM010, RM011 KVF, RM56-02, RM35, RM63, RM001) its the journey that counts not the destination

That's a nice journey indeed ! :) What did you mean by backward bezel ? i'm really thinking about getting one (i own the RM035 ZF V3 and love it)

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12

That’s awesome! Which TD did you go with? Thinking of getting the 055 after your review.

Have you gotten any of the ceramic bezel ones? Wondering how those are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/21

I believe that based on size alone, the JBF RM 055 is the most gen like of all the reps at 13mm. Followed closely by the RM 001 coming in at a bit over 14mm. The RM035 is similar in thickness to the RM 001, more flared out due to the flanges. Overall the most comfortable and light, sits comfortably on the wrist, the answer easily would be the RM 055 because of its small size.

RM56-02 EUR is quite thick, although the original is also. The RM011s are not as thick but almost, even the originals and so you’re really left with just those two I mentioned. The RM 055 being the thinnest followed by the RM 001 and RM 035 (both thicker than RM 055 but still wearable). The RM 056 will look huge on most wrists, and the RM 011 depends on your wrist size really but it does not curve around the wrist as comfortably as the RM 055.

The RM010 really is just a RM 001 case without the tourbillon and different deco.

So, overall I would go with the RM 055 to start the journey into RMs as for now, it is the closest to gen we can acquire.

Last edited:

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I believe that based on size alone, the JBF RM 055 is the most gen like of all the reps at 13mm. Followed closely by the RM 001 coming in at a bit over 14mm. The RM035 is similar in thickness to the RM 001, more flared out due to the flanges. Overall the most comfortable and light, sits comfortably on the wrist, the answer easily would be the RM 055 because of its small size.

RM56-02 EUR is quite thick, although the original is also. The RM011s are not as thick but almost, even the originals and so you’re really left with just those two I mentioned. The RM 055 being the thinnest followed by the RM 001 and RM 035 (both thicker than RM 055 but still wearable). The RM 056 will look huge on most wrists, and the RM 011 depends on your wrist size really but it does not curve around the wrist as comfortably as the RM 055.

The RM010 really is just a RM 001 case without the tourbillon and different deco.

So, overall I would go with the RM 055 to start the journey into RMs as for now, it is the closest to gen we can acquire.

Does JBF make an RM055?
I know they make an RM052, that at 16.4mm thick is close to the original's 16mm.
KVF makes a chunky 17mm RM055.
ZF has 13.1mm ceramic, and 13.6mm NTPT Yas Marina Circuit RM055s.

Dave88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/21
I meant ZF. I don't think JBF has but who knows, in any case the ZF is very good for a rep.

johnying

15/1/14
Does JBF make an RM055?
I know they make an RM052, that at 16.4mm thick is close to the original's 16mm.
KVF makes a chunky 17mm RM055.
ZF has 13.1mm ceramic, and 13.6mm NTPT Yas Marina Circuit RM055s.
Just out of curiosity are the measurements for the zf 55 wider than what is disclosed? I see 12.5mm per TDs

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

johnying

15/1/14
Wow thanks. Interesting as yours ties in with what someone earlier in the thread mentioned although one guy mentioned 12.5mm.

I have the rm35 and see the comparison pics. Not sure whether that thinness is worth it at this stage.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Wow thanks. Interesting as yours ties in with what someone earlier in the thread mentioned although one guy mentioned 12.5mm.

I have the rm35 and see the comparison pics. Not sure whether that thinness is worth it at this stage.

To each their own but I have both the 35 and 55, and the 55 wears totally differently. The 55 feels much smaller on wrist even though the ceramic is heavier, and the NTPT 55 is even lighter than the 35 and is super wearable in general. It's probably the closest to a "normal" watch you can get in the RM rep game, and undoubtedly will be until someone make a decent RM67.

johnying

15/1/14
To each their own but I have both the 35 and 55, and the 55 wears totally differently. The 55 feels much smaller on wrist even though the ceramic is heavier, and the NTPT 55 is even lighter than the 35 and is super wearable in general. It's probably the closest to a "normal" watch you can get in the RM rep game, and undoubtedly will be until someone make a decent RM67.
Thanks mate super helpful. Do the measurements roughly stack up the same for you I.e the ntpt is 13.6mm approx. And ceramic just over 13mm?

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
For the people here that own the white RM055 - is it true the rubber parts on the sides get marked easily? Also how about the stuttering movement, anything to worry about?
These are the only things I am worried about with that watch, otherwise I will buy one instead of the NTPT version (I prefer the white colour).

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
For the people here that own the white RM055 - is it true the rubber parts on the sides get marked easily? Also how about the stuttering movement, anything to worry about?
These are the only things I am worried about with that watch, otherwise I will buy one instead of the NTPT version (I prefer the white colour).

The middle case may not actually be rubber coated, when pressing into it with a fingernail there's no give like you would expect with even very hard rubber.
It's out of the way, so it's not really susceptible to marking, I'm assuming it's painted Ti?

The stuttering seconds doesn't bother me, but there's a fix;
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...second’s-hand-of-rm035-02-zf-v3-nh05-movement

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
So the watch guy i sent my RM055 bubba watson to, said that he could not remove the movement to fix the stutter issue because he would have had to break the stem. Now he did fix the stutter issue on the RM 35-02 , both are ZF factory off course . Any one care to chime in