• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I dont know why, the the bezel/case proportion looks off, not as good as the white ceramic version

I agree, I don't know if it's the colours making the shape seem different, but the YM doesn't look as small as the white, and the videos show it as 13.5mm instead of 12.5 thick. I might be totally wrong and it's always hard to tell from pics but the case looks larger here and there in a few subtle areas. I don't think it's just the flipped bezel though.

Don't get me wrong, it looks much better on wrist than in the TD photos, and I bet the visible and moving escapement adds some really cool visual detail IRL, but it does look to be proportioned differently than the white ceramic.

irinakova

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/20

I have 6.5" wrist... maybe my watch is 1 of 1. I am OCD and although the wrong size bezel...i absolutely love this watch.
I might get a 2nd one for backup. The watch is smaller than any other watch, normally i use the smallest hole fitting for my 6.5" wrist. On this watch i am the middle hole. For small wrists, this watch is a must.

Between the RM035 and RM055...i think its a no brainer. get this one even though you have to manually wind it.
Its buttery smooth. Seconds hand seems pretty darn smooth.

Honestly besize the horrible silly bezel backwards, everything else is amazing.

I am made at myself for approving the QC, but they were saying blah blah, the stock photo is the same so its not my problem....next time i will order from puretime instead of intime

Looks amazing. Is JEWELS spelt wrong on the back like it is on the websites?

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Looks amazing. Is JEWELS spelt wrong on the back like it is on the websites?
Looking on google, yes possibly missing a E. Really not a big deal\
In the RM Rep game, it will never be perfect, its more a mindset of just being ok with it.

ZFNCZY.jpg

ZFNPID.jpg

ZFNlss.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
notawatchguy Nice shots, thank you! That shot of the rear is really good, a lot better than the TD photos!

Just found out we got our latest stimmy payment deposited the other day; I think I know where half of mine is going...

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
notawatchguy Nice shots, thank you! That shot of the rear is really good, a lot better than the TD photos!

Just found out we got our latest stimmy payment deposited the other day; I think I know where half of mine is going...

you talked me into it, I think I will get another one for backup (so sad i am going to get the same exact colors too). Out of all of my RMs, if i knew what i knew now, i would get this one. The other ones are just to thick or heavy. Originally i was staying away from the RM35 and RM55 because i thought the fake deco would bother me, but the sleekness of the case benefits far outweigh the fake deco. I also like how when worn, the transparent areas turn dark

This one is coming in at 81g, so nice a light on my small 6.5" wrist.

So far no fogging when going from hot to cold temperatures

time to hit up puretime.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
you talked me into it, I think I will get another one for backup (so sad i am going to get the same exact colors too). Out of all of my RMs, if i knew what i knew now, i would get this one. The other ones are just to thick or heavy. Originally i was staying away from the RM35 and RM55 because i thought the fake deco would bother me, but the sleekness of the case benefits far outweigh the fake deco. I also like how when worn, the transparent areas turn dark

This one is coming in at 81g, so nice a light on my small 6.5" wrist.

So far no fogging when going from hot to cold temperatures

time to hit up puretime.

I was really iffy on the deco on this guy compared to the white 55 at first, but IRL it's probably barely noticeable and whatever trickery they did to the movement around back is super cool because who the hell mods a tiny little Seiko? The 55 shape is my favourite so far, and the NTPT is well done. It's just dumb pretty and I want it, gonna go with the blue strap and might get a blue velcro for it too. It'll be nice to have a smaller RM that isn't bright white and aesthetically loud as shit. Enjoy yours!

Your whole collection is hella nice, btw. If you want to store them in the most ridiculous way possible, grab a pick-n-pull foam knockoff Pelican case and make your own custom box. I have one for my RMs and it's every bit as absurd as an RM box should be. PM me if you want a pic!

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
I was really iffy on the deco on this guy compared to the white 55 at first, but IRL it's probably barely noticeable and whatever trickery they did to the movement around back is super cool because who the hell mods a tiny little Seiko? The 55 shape is my favourite so far, and the NTPT is well done. It's just dumb pretty and I want it, gonna go with the blue strap and might get a blue velcro for it too. It'll be nice to have a smaller RM that isn't bright white and aesthetically loud as shit. Enjoy yours!

Your whole collection is hella nice, btw. If you want to store them in the most ridiculous way possible, grab a pick-n-pull foam knockoff Pelican case and make your own custom box. I have one for my RMs and it's every bit as absurd as an RM box should be. PM me if you want a pic!

Do you know if the changes that are noticeable on the model with the blue trim also on the all white model?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Do you know if the changes that are noticeable on the model with the blue trim also on the all white model?

The white one has a different deco entirely than the NTPT. It's the same movement but in the white one it's all hidden between two deco plates. The movement itself is less visible in the white than in the NTPT, but the tradeoff is that besides the gears which move with the hands, everything is hidden behind the plates. On the NTPT, they did something where the balance wheel is now visible on the back only, and there's what appears to be a small cutout on the front to see the pallet fork, however the movement itself looks to have been moved so it sticks out more behind the deco. I'm guessing that on wrist the difference is slight enough that it doesn't really matter, and the moving parts/mods on the NTPT are cool.

Whether ZF will make a v2 of the white with the internals of the NTPT is unknown.

Hope that answers your question!

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
This is so this model ZF is V1 with ABD, by V3 we will see the balance wheel in the front. She’s spinning baby she’s spinning, she’ll be spinning baby spinning lol

All to use up parts and make more money on people like us who will sell and buy the next version. Genius marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
The white one has a different deco entirely than the NTPT. It's the same movement but in the white one it's all hidden between two deco plates. The movement itself is less visible in the white than in the NTPT, but the tradeoff is that besides the gears which move with the hands, everything is hidden behind the plates. On the NTPT, they did something where the balance wheel is now visible on the back only, and there's what appears to be a small cutout on the front to see the pallet fork, however the movement itself looks to have been moved so it sticks out more behind the deco. I'm guessing that on wrist the difference is slight enough that it doesn't really matter, and the moving parts/mods on the NTPT are cool.

Whether ZF will make a v2 of the white with the internals of the NTPT is unknown.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks the the info. I'm rather unfamiliar with the fine details of RM in general, but for some reason, I feel like I need one eventually.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Ordered it with the blue strap. Waiting on QC will post the pics as soon as i have them from my TD

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
I want to buy the 55 white and the 35-02 x ABD and all the stores tell me that they are currently having problems with raids by the manufacturers, do you know anything about this?

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
having the same problems.
Puretime is telling me for now, no new orders
Trustytime, raid, waiting, I ordered middle of April still waiting for QC for RMX 35

irinakova

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/20
having the same problems.
Puretime is telling me for now, no new orders
Trustytime, raid, waiting, I ordered middle of April still waiting for QC for RMX 35

I am also waiting for qc for rmx 35… told it will be in a few days

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
RM35-02 better RMX or ZF what do you think?