• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
My ZF rm 055 arrived few days ago. Ordered on march after my dealer said ZF open again, bought 3 watches.
20210419-142540.jpg

What was the thickness mate please?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Thanks, I think they have some work before this piece becomes great

I agree, there's some details here and there that need work and I'm still mystified about the new deco. I really really really want to love this piece but it's not quite there yet. I hope they make a couple more versions so I can buy a v2 for half price in a year, lol

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I agree, there's some details here and there that need work and I'm still mystified about the new deco. I really really really want to love this piece but it's not quite there yet. I hope they make a couple more versions so I can buy a v2 for half price in a year, lol

LoooL I get what you mean. I like the real one as I have a special connection to the real Yas Marina Circuit. I really wanted to love this one as well but this just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully, we will get a V2 sooner than later and these issues will be worked out. For me, it's the text and the deco. Outside of that anything else is an added bonus. Maybe, (wishful thinking), we will get lucky and have the velcro strap option.

Reactions: GiantSquid

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
Reactions: TheDonSL

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
so we have some new videos..

what can i say:
1. The blue color looks better than in those photos that we saw at the TD.
2. The balance wheel at the back works and moves, now it's not a fake.
3.If you watch the video carefully, you can see from the front how the escape wheel moves at 6

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE0...ne&sharekey=1c6cd9b615396c4122caec1674a7fd022

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE0...ne&sharekey=32c56e56cee7c6d6ae2e31c3d05269027

Good find! That's the best look so far. I'm intrigued by the balance wheel, because that's a lot of mods for a standard Seiko and it looks like they've almost rebuilt the entire movement. Deco is still weird but the moving escape wheel is cool and it looks much better in the video than in the TD photos. Blue is still the BMW blue, but it does look much better.

I'm reconsidering my stance on not buying it yet, lol

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Ok, my long awaited ZF RM055 arrived. I was planning in my head how to fix the groove being on the wrong side...So opened the box and it is stunning!.
Crystal looks more invisible than any other RM i had.
The clasp spring, seems a little weak. But ok to ignore, not a problem.
Biggest issue is the Top bezel installed backwards meaning the grove is on the opposite side of the crown, in my head i was planning a 100 times how to fix it once it landed.
I have both 2tools, 4 and 5 prong. Surprisingly they did not fit in the circular hole because it was so small. I am OCD,, but perhaps...i can let it go in my head (but its a war)

The thinness!!!! is amazing, it measured around 12mm thick. So from a fit and lightness out of all my RMs feels the best. beating the RM001 because it is lighter and thinner.
So i might ignore the bezel problem..

I have quite a few RMs and i was going to buy the RM56-02 again (to have 2) but now with the RM055 from ZF, i wouldn't mind buying a backup.

On my wrist for less than 10 minutes of me writing this.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
notawatchguy show us some pics! I'm dying to see how it looks on wrist. I'm seriously rethinking my stance on buying it, I love the carbon and the colour

jtr21510

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
Ok, my long awaited ZF RM055 arrived. I was planning in my head how to fix the groove being on the wrong side...So opened the box and it is stunning!.
Crystal looks more invisible than any other RM i had.
The clasp spring, seems a little weak. But ok to ignore, not a problem.
Biggest issue is the Top bezel installed backwards meaning the grove is on the opposite side of the crown, in my head i was planning a 100 times how to fix it once it landed.
I have both 2tools, 4 and 5 prong. Surprisingly they did not fit in the circular hole because it was so small. I am OCD,, but perhaps...i can let it go in my head (but its a war)

The thinness!!!! is amazing, it measured around 12mm thick. So from a fit and lightness out of all my RMs feels the best. beating the RM001 because it is lighter and thinner.
So i might ignore the bezel problem..

I have quite a few RMs and i was going to buy the RM56-02 again (to have 2) but now with the RM055 from ZF, i wouldn't mind buying a backup.

On my wrist for less than 10 minutes of me writing this.

Lol...I can't believe you did approved the QC with the wrong side bazel. I think they just mis-installed the bazel on some pieces and should able to get you a new one.

I just approved my QC for this one today, and there is no bazel issue on mine.

I am thinking about to replace the strap, please share if you find the 4 prong driver with correct size!

Last edited:

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa

I have 6.5" wrist... maybe my watch is 1 of 1. I am OCD and although the wrong size bezel...i absolutely love this watch.
I might get a 2nd one for backup. The watch is smaller than any other watch, normally i use the smallest hole fitting for my 6.5" wrist. On this watch i am the middle hole. For small wrists, this watch is a must.

Between the RM035 and RM055...i think its a no brainer. get this one even though you have to manually wind it.
Its buttery smooth. Seconds hand seems pretty darn smooth.

Honestly besize the horrible silly bezel backwards, everything else is amazing.

I am made at myself for approving the QC, but they were saying blah blah, the stock photo is the same so its not my problem....next time i will order from puretime instead of intime

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I wasn't sure about the blue being weird, but its actually pretty good looking in contrast to the black and other darkness of the watch...no problem with the color scheme. A break from my usual Black and red colors....

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I dont know why, the the bezel/case proportion looks off, not as good as the white ceramic version

Reactions: GiantSquid

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I dont know why, the the bezel/case proportion looks off, not as good as the white ceramic version

Because the bezel is installed the wrong way. This one is actually more correct than the white ceramic version.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Bottom left / 7 o’clock is the rm001 ? Thinness looks interesting for a tourby