• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I don't get it, why do they need a v2? v1 is good enough, there is nothing that you could upgrade on this watch except the movement which is just impossible or not worth it

I can see them doing a carbon case version and the black/grey ceramic version, but you're right as far as movement goes. I'm not sure what they could improve from here with the movements that exist in reps. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, though!

Reactions: jcguo0516

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I don't get it, why do they need a v2? v1 is good enough, there is nothing that you could upgrade on this watch except the movement which is just impossible or not worth it
Could be wrong but was hearing something about the curvature being a touch off. Not enough to mess it up just a tinny flaw they might fix. As well as the case screws being a touch off the position they would be. Basically, a V2 would remedy a lot of small issues to make the watch feel even better. Plus it's a great way for them to get us to potentially buy again. I would say a V1.5 is more in order than a V2.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I can see them doing a carbon case version and the black/grey ceramic version, but you're right as far as movement goes. I'm not sure what they could improve from here with the movements that exist in reps. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, though!

I would love it if they did the carbon or black/grey ceramic. The carbon seems the most likely since they have the know-how from the 35-02.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
was hearing something about the curvature being a touch off. Not enough to mess it up just a tinny flaw they might fix. As well as the case screws being a touch off the position they would be
Correct

Reactions: Mercedesslr

jcguo0516

4/12/18
ahh i see, in that case, would be nice if they fix it before release other models like the grey or ntpt version

Could be wrong but was hearing something about the curvature being a touch off. Not enough to mess it up just a tinny flaw they might fix. As well as the case screws being a touch off the position they would be. Basically, a V2 would remedy a lot of small issues to make the watch feel even better. Plus it's a great way for them to get us to potentially buy again. I would say a V1.5 is more in order than a V2.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I'm excited to see if they do anything or just keep it as is for now.

madq8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/14
Hi Guys, I have a 15.5 mm thick ABD modded carbon RM 55, any recommendation on whom to approach that can help with replacing the movement to one like the one used in ZF RM 55 to reduce the thickness???

feedback appreciated

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Hi Guys, I have a 15.5 mm thick ABD modded carbon RM 55, any recommendation on whom to approach that can help with replacing the movement to one like the one used in ZF RM 55 to reduce the thickness???

feedback appreciated

Replacing the movement won't reduce the thickness. If you want a ZF-sized RM55, flip the KVF and buy the ZF, it's by far the cheapest way to get where you want from where you are. You'd need to replace the movement, then machine the case, then make sure it all fits back together. Machinists are expensive, buy the ZF.

Reactions: TESLA760 and QueTip

madq8

12/5/14
Thanks for the feedback, I do indeed have to machine case down to the desired thickness after movement replacement, what I’m asking for is someone that can modify the watch in that matter,, any suggestions??

Reactions: mschoe1

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Thanks for the feedback, I do indeed have to machine case down to the desired thickness after movement replacement, what I’m asking for is someone that can modify the watch in that matter,, any suggestions??

For the amount you'll pay to machine it, just buy the ZF. Like I said above, machinists are reeeeeeeeeeally expensive, especially precision machinists who can thin the case and rethread the screws. It's not as simple as a shave on an RO, you're basically going to have to rebuild the entire midcase. Unless you personally are a precision machinist, buy the ZF because it'll be cheaper, easier, and doesn't run the risk of destroying your watch entirely.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
That deco looks...not great. Honestly besides the case material it seems like a step backwards compared to the white 55

It’s the same deco from what I can see on the white 055 and the photos look nothing like the actual rep in real life. The deco shines and looks great. If you look at the photos on Intime they both look the same and dull, but identical. When you receive it, it looks great.

Once we see a video we can 100% confirm, but right now I think it’s awesome, already ordered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
It’s the same deco from what I can see on the white 055 and the photos look nothing like the actual rep in real life. The deco shines and looks great. If you look at the photos on Intime they both look the same and dull, but identical. When you receive it, it looks great.

Once we see a video we can 100% confirm, but right now I think it’s awesome, already ordered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure, it looks markedly different than my 055 and not in a good way. There's a jewel visible under the "balance wheel" that isn't there on my ZF and the entire left side of the deco (from the front) is much rougher and the movement extends beyond the gears, whereas in the white 055 the deco has a hard border around the gears encompassing the movement. It looks like they switched suppliers or something, because to my eye there are about a dozen differences to the old deco.

Corvax

16/11/18
Something I noticed with those pics, the 'notch' or whatever you would call it for the crown is on the wrong side in 2 of the 3 variations on intime.
Unless I'm mistaken, this could be something to look out for in QC pics if ordering ;)

I think there is a "prototype" in the photo, because the clasp also looks unfinished

rm055-real-ntpt-zf-1-1-best-edition-skeleton-dial-on-blue-rubber-strap-seiko-movement.jpg

And also I noticed changes in the balance wheel, maybe now it is not fake?
the rear deco is updated and looks much better,
it is possible that ZF found a new Movement or modified the previous one

rm055-ti-white-ceramic-zf-1-1-best-edition-skeleton-dial-on-white-rubber-strap-nh05a.jpg
rm055-real-ntpt-zf-1-1-best-edition-skeleton-dial-on-blue-rubber-strap-seiko-movement.jpg

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
And also I noticed changes in the balance wheel, maybe now it is not fake?
the rear deco is updated and looks much better,
it is possible that ZF found a new Movement or modified the previous one

The balance on the back does look like it may move, although how and why they added that I don't know. But the deco on the front looks like it's distinctly worse than the old model in several areas, like it's not even made by the same people. Maybe it's a prototype, like you said, but that front is rough and I don't know what value a moving balance wheel on the back would add.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
The balance wheel on the back is definitely a moving one, shame that they weren’t a make it pop in the front/skeletonise a bit more the movement I agree this would be difficult due to the size of the movement but I think with a bit of work the might pull it off, this would be nice even if it would be a bit off center compared to gen but as for other rm reps it’s better off center with moving gear then stuck gears, I think this might have potential