• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
GiantSquid Congrats on receiving your piece! And glad that you’re loving it so far. Did you say ZF got raided?? I haven’t heard about that! That’s a shame cause they’re one of the top factories in the rep game at the moment imo

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
ZF is fine, it’s not as the OP described, so rest assured everything is still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
TheDonSL that's good to hear, I'm just parroting what I've heard about the raids. There were some rumors flying this morning.

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
Why do I feel like we just suddenly became an exclusive group of ZF rm055 owners. xD At least for now.
Despite the stuttering problem, I am still so glad I was able to snag one before the raid and I have renewed love for my ZF RM55 lol

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I am still so glad I was able to snag one before the raid and I have renewed love for my ZF RM55 lol

Dude me too, I'm so happy with this guy and I'm so glad I didn't hesitate like I always do and wait for others' reviews. After a weekish on the wrist as a daily it's running a little bit fast, there's still a little stutter (but nothing that bothers me), and the ceramic is a dirt magnet, but other than that it's fantastic. I'll be keeping this in my collection long-term for sure.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Over all very impressed with the watch. It has its flaws but that is to be expected when replicating a $100K watch. IMO the best RM rep thus far.

I would love to see the grey version from ZF.

Me too, if they make one after CNY when/if they get back together I'll buy that as well. Now if only they'd get serious about the 011 that's been rumoured for like two years straight I'd be in heaven.

Reactions: Timrm

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Has anyone else who owns one noticed that the crown/stem is really touchy? Mine snaps into a position but the hand-setting position is one tiiiiiiny click past that and it's really hard to engage sometimes. I've had the stem move out about 1/32" and it was able to be reinserted easily, but it's still kinda weird. Winding is butter smooth and besides the usual NH05 stutter it keeps very good time.

I'm sending mine for service anyways just for a cleaning and checking of the keyless works, but it feels more fragile than the RM035 with the same movement I've been wearing lately. I'm hoping it's just mine but wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I don't know if they stopped making them, to make a V1.2 or if they have sold out but it seems almost impossible to track one down now

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
caribbean_stud as far as I know they're back in business but I haven't seen anyone actually source one of the 055s since the raid. I've seen BBs and APROs but not any RMs. It's possible they're tooling up for a v2 OR all the parts got confiscated in the raid and they can't build anymore.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Are any ZF watches available, are they back in business now (after getting raided)? :confused:

It's hard to say as I see some TD saying available on some and out of stock on other ZF RM. Can't tell what's what. With the RM55 Puretime said maybe 3-4 weeks.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
caribbean_stud as far as I know they're back in business but I haven't seen anyone actually source one of the 055s since the raid. I've seen BBs and APROs but not any RMs. It's possible they're tooling up for a v2 OR all the parts got confiscated in the raid and they can't build anymore.

I really hope that ZF would update the 55 since they have to make new ones all things considered. Though that might be wishful thinking.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I received my on the 13th, but I ordered before CNY, absolutely loving it, the quality on the 55 is insane!!! I do hope ZF will release the black ceramic, NTPT, or the grey version, will but it for sure
​​​​​​​

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
I received my on the 13th, but I ordered before CNY, absolutely loving it, the quality on the 55 is insane!!! I do hope ZF will release the black ceramic, NTPT, or the grey version, will but it for sure

Congratz mate. Very Handsome watch :D
I also waiting for mine to arrive, hopefully next week.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19

Looks awesome! I really hope that since they have to make new ones now they just do the V2 and call it a day.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I don't get it, why do they need a v2? v1 is good enough, there is nothing that you could upgrade on this watch except the movement which is just impossible or not worth it

Looks awesome! I really hope that since they have to make new ones now they just do the V2 and call it a day.