• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
ad1dd3e7fd23af584db271de62a38d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what about the caseback? Is it ceramic or rubberized titanium?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
what about the caseback? Is it ceramic or rubberized titanium?

Further upthread someone said that the caseback and midcase are "spongier" than the bezel so I think it's rubberized metal of some sort. I don't have mine in hand yet but I was wondering the same thing, and that's the answer I got.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
It’s rubberized of some sort. I’m no expert, it it’s def different material than any ceramic watch I’ve owned and I have quite a few ceramic APs. It is def different and better material than the KVF white ghost....

Reactions: Corvax

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
So I've been looking at the photos of the back, and I can't see a rotor on the movement anywhere. Did they remove it and make it a handwind-only, or am I just blind? I actually think it's cooler if it's been left as a handwind, because I love the daily connection with winding, but all the TDs say it's an auto.

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
So I've been looking at the photos of the back, and I can't see a rotor on the movement anywhere. Did they remove it and make it a handwind-only, or am I just blind? I actually think it's cooler if it's been left as a handwind, because I love the daily connection with winding, but all the TDs say it's an auto.

Just got mine today and I do believe they customized the movement to be handwind only. At first I thought they might have hid the rotor behind the deco plates but shaking the watch, I don't hear or feel the rotor at all.

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Just got mine today and I do believe they customized the movement to be handwind only. At first I thought they might have hid the rotor behind the deco plates but shaking the watch, I don't hear or feel the rotor at all.

That's super cool. It looks like there's a fair amount of customization to the base movement even if it isn't skeletonized like the gen, and I'm quite happy with that. Mine shipped yesterday, hopefully be on wrist in a week or so. Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.

Reactions: soubido

Falter

Patron
8/8/20

I believe it’s hand wound, just like gen,

Falter

Patron
8/8/20

Congrats! How are you liking the watch so far? Mines also arriving within a week and I can’t wait

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Yes, zf removed the rotor. So it's manual winded and has a PR of around 50 hours.

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
Just received mine. Very happy with it. Only thing that’s a bit annoying is the same stuttering problem the RM35 has

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Just received mine. Very happy with it. Only thing that’s a bit annoying is the same stuttering problem the RM35 has

I know there's a fix for it in the 035, there's a thread in this forum somewhere on it. I do wonder what the stuttering looks like, though. Does the hand simply not move smoothly but still keep accurate time, or does it stop and start inaccurately? I've heard it referred to but never described, even if I know from reading the other thread what causes it. Thanks!

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
I know there's a fix for it in the 035, there's a thread in this forum somewhere on it. I do wonder what the stuttering looks like, though. Does the hand simply not move smoothly but still keep accurate time, or does it stop and start inaccurately? I've heard it referred to but never described, even if I know from reading the other thread what causes it. Thanks!

Mine’s keeping time just fine but yeah the seconds hand would stutter and stop for a split second then jump a few tics at random intervals. It just doesn’t beat smoothly like say a vsf rolex. I’ve actually just read the thread on how to fix it but I’m too scared to do it myself lol

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I’ve actually just read the thread on how to fix it but I’m too scared to do it myself lol

Lol I hear that, last time I messed with one of my watches I busted the keyless works and it took hours to fix it! If mine stutters and bothers me I'mma send it to a watchsmith with a link to that thread instead

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
Exactly, plus you need the special screw drivers for it. Same here man mine is unfortunately stuttering pretty ridiculously

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
You can cop the screwdrivers for like $15 on eBay for a set of both 4 and 5 prong screwdrivers. I have a pair and they shipped super fast, I think I got them in two days if you find someone actually selling from the US

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Fortunately the seconds hand on my RM35 (V1) and RM55 seems to be working just fine, not stuttering that I can see.

Reactions: arielxl

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
My rm55 hand is smoother than the 35. Going to play with an old KVF and try what someone posted before attempting to mess with the 35.