• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Hi guys.Anybody knows the difference s of the zf yas marina v3 with the previous ones(v1-v2) ? Thanks

Robinos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Norway
12cf58ed198fde1cbb0ef9faf80b4e9f.jpg
7122dd4fabe8bf6f3fee1326a25d70d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see your watch is kinda dirty/grey in some places on the bezel/case, the rubber strap seems fine tho, how do you clean that? Anyone knows?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Magic eraser is literally a mild abrasive, I clean mine with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol, then wipe up any excess with a dry qtip. I know melamine isn't as hard as ceramic or sapphire but I'd be worried about scratching it with the magic eraser and the qtip method always worked for me!

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19

Comparing my v1 with this I don't see ANY differences. Same movement, same deco, same screw color, case seems to be the same with MAYBE better fitment at the ends. Engraving is about the same, and I'm really surprised they didn't put the Miyota movement in it instead of sticking with the Seiko. Maybe ZF finally has actual stock instead of isolated pieces here and there so they're calling it "v2"?

Reactions: javicc

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Thanks a lot!! Unfortunately I don’t have the tools to remove the bezel, I ´m waiting screwdrivers to be delivered.

Sent from the RWI App

Out of all of my crazy buys, this one is my favorite. The thinnest, lightest. Unfortunately i think i got the very first one in stock that had the same defects from the stock photos. Tried to paint the inside since some paint chipped and made it worst. Was considering on buying a new one just because i liked it so much... but trying to hold off if there really is a clone movement or super rep of the RM055 movement. The clasp was a bit sharp and required minor sanding on the fake clasp screws. But in general, my favorite due to size and the amazing shine of the front deco. Even though fake, has a beautiful appeal. I dont think pics can capture it.

Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

That actually looks awesome. IMO ZF did a really good job here. Can I ask what size your wrist is as strap is on last hole so watch could look way bigger on mine

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
That actually looks awesome. IMO ZF did a really good job here. Can I ask what size your wrist is as strap is on last hole so watch could look way bigger on mine

I have a huge wrist ! 9 inches / 22+cms!! I also prefer, some space between my skin and watch, lose fitting watches.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I have a huge wrist ! 9 inches / 22+cms!! I also prefer, some space between my skin and watch, lose fitting watches.

Damn, hard to guess how it'd look on my skinny 7" wrists then. I still might buy as looks great

Reactions: johnlogan

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Will send it to someone else to see
Did you ever manage to fix the stuttering, or at least find out the reason why its not possible? Just got a ceramic 055 “for a test” and Id like to fix it, if its doable. :)
Thanks bro