No announcement yet.

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, my long awaited ZF RM055 arrived. I was planning in my head how to fix the groove being on the wrong side...So opened the box and it is stunning!.
    Crystal looks more invisible than any other RM i had.
    The clasp spring, seems a little weak. But ok to ignore, not a problem.
    Biggest issue is the Top bezel installed backwards meaning the grove is on the opposite side of the crown, in my head i was planning a 100 times how to fix it once it landed.
    I have both 2tools, 4 and 5 prong. Surprisingly they did not fit in the circular hole because it was so small. I am OCD,, but perhaps...i can let it go in my head (but its a war)

The thinness!!!! is amazing, it measured around 12mm thick. So from a fit and lightness out of all my RMs feels the best. beating the RM001 because it is lighter and thinner.
    So i might ignore the bezel problem..

I have quite a few RMs and i was going to buy the RM56-02 again (to have 2) but now with the RM055 from ZF, i wouldn't mind buying a backup.

On my wrist for less than 10 minutes of me writing this.

Comment

notawatchguy show us some pics! I'm dying to see how it looks on wrist. I'm seriously rethinking my stance on buying it, I love the carbon and the colour

Comment

Originally posted by notawatchguy View Post
        Ok, my long awaited ZF RM055 arrived. I was planning in my head how to fix the groove being on the wrong side...So opened the box and it is stunning!.
        Crystal looks more invisible than any other RM i had.
        The clasp spring, seems a little weak. But ok to ignore, not a problem.
        Biggest issue is the Top bezel installed backwards meaning the grove is on the opposite side of the crown, in my head i was planning a 100 times how to fix it once it landed.
        I have both 2tools, 4 and 5 prong. Surprisingly they did not fit in the circular hole because it was so small. I am OCD,, but perhaps...i can let it go in my head (but its a war)

The thinness!!!! is amazing, it measured around 12mm thick. So from a fit and lightness out of all my RMs feels the best. beating the RM001 because it is lighter and thinner.
        So i might ignore the bezel problem..

I have quite a few RMs and i was going to buy the RM56-02 again (to have 2) but now with the RM055 from ZF, i wouldn't mind buying a backup.

On my wrist for less than 10 minutes of me writing this.
        Lol...I can't believe you did approved the QC with the wrong side bazel. I think they just mis-installed the bazel on some pieces and should able to get you a new one.

I just approved my QC for this one today, and there is no bazel issue on mine.

I am thinking about to replace the strap, please share if you find the 4 prong driver with correct size!
        Last edited by jtr21510; 03-05-21, 23:19.

Comment

I have 6.5" wrist... maybe my watch is 1 of 1. I am OCD and although the wrong size bezel...i absolutely love this watch.
          I might get a 2nd one for backup. The watch is smaller than any other watch, normally i use the smallest hole fitting for my 6.5" wrist. On this watch i am the middle hole. For small wrists, this watch is a must.

Between the RM035 and RM055...i think its a no brainer. get this one even though you have to manually wind it.
          Its buttery smooth. Seconds hand seems pretty darn smooth.

Honestly besize the horrible silly bezel backwards, everything else is amazing.

I am made at myself for approving the QC, but they were saying blah blah, the stock photo is the same so its not my problem....next time i will order from puretime instead of intime

Comment

I wasn't sure about the blue being weird, but its actually pretty good looking in contrast to the black and other darkness of the watch...no problem with the color scheme. A break from my usual Black and red colors....

Comment

I dont know why, the the bezel/case proportion looks off, not as good as the white ceramic version

Comment

Originally posted by jcguo0516 View Post
                I dont know why, the the bezel/case proportion looks off, not as good as the white ceramic version
                Because the bezel is installed the wrong way. This one is actually more correct than the white ceramic version.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                RM#1:
                I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

I ordered a set of 4 and 5 prong, I didn't realize there are 2 size of diameter so i ordered the smaller one.
                  2 things will happen, either i can successfully rotate and not buy another one, or I will jack it up and end up having to buy another one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16342168806....c100227.m3827

Comment

Morning Standup meeting
                    RM ZF 55
                    RM 001
                    RM 056-02
                    RM 10 (DHGATE fat boy)
                    KVF RM11

Last edited by notawatchguy; 04-05-21, 11:30.

Comment

Bottom left / 7 o’clock is the rm001 ? Thinness looks interesting for a tourby
                      I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

Comment

Originally posted by jcguo0516 View Post
                        I agree, I don't know if it's the colours making the shape seem different, but the YM doesn't look as small as the white, and the videos show it as 13.5mm instead of 12.5 thick. I might be totally wrong and it's always hard to tell from pics but the case looks larger here and there in a few subtle areas. I don't think it's just the flipped bezel though.

Don't get me wrong, it looks much better on wrist than in the TD photos, and I bet the visible and moving escapement adds some really cool visual detail IRL, but it does look to be proportioned differently than the white ceramic.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLory View Post
                          Bottom left / 7 o’clock is the rm001 ?
                          Yes

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                          RM#1:
                          I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

oh shit i see it now, lolol thanks, gonna look for that on my QC

Originally posted by QueTip View Post

Because the bezel is installed the wrong way. This one is actually more correct than the white ceramic version.

Comment

Originally posted by notawatchguy View Post

I have 6.5" wrist... maybe my watch is 1 of 1. I am OCD and although the wrong size bezel...i absolutely love this watch.
                              I might get a 2nd one for backup. The watch is smaller than any other watch, normally i use the smallest hole fitting for my 6.5" wrist. On this watch i am the middle hole. For small wrists, this watch is a must.

Between the RM035 and RM055...i think its a no brainer. get this one even though you have to manually wind it.
                              Its buttery smooth. Seconds hand seems pretty darn smooth.

Honestly besize the horrible silly bezel backwards, everything else is amazing.

I am made at myself for approving the QC, but they were saying blah blah, the stock photo is the same so its not my problem....next time i will order from puretime instead of intime
                              Looks amazing. Is JEWELS spelt wrong on the back like it is on the websites?

Comment

Originally posted by irinakova View Post

Looks amazing. Is JEWELS spelt wrong on the back like it is on the websites?
                                Looking on google, yes possibly missing a E. Really not a big deal\
                                In the RM Rep game, it will never be perfect, its more a mindset of just being ok with it.

Last edited by notawatchguy; 05-05-21, 20:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X