• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I broke down and ordered mine this morning, despite all my whining about the deco and saying I was going to pass. Fuck it, it's really nice and I want another 55 to wear! Now just need to hope ZF doesn't make another new model I want for a while or I'm going to run out of fun money. I'll share my QC when I get it if you're interested! I'm going to gamble on the printing on the back and hope it's invisible on wrist.

Do let me know I'd love to see and congratulations on the order dude. I'm thinking in person the text is not noticeable on the wrist.

Reactions: GiantSquid

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
I broke down and ordered mine this morning, despite all my whining about the deco and saying I was going to pass. Fuck it, it's really nice and I want another 55 to wear! Now just need to hope ZF doesn't make another new model I want for a while or I'm going to run out of fun money. I'll share my QC when I get it if you're interested! I'm going to gamble on the printing on the back and hope it's invisible on wrist.
you already had RM before this order?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
what is your favorite of all?

Not sure, I love them all, but it just might be my red RM11. It's one of the older ones so the deco isn't nearly perfect (this is before they made the correct font for the big date) but I've never seen another one like it and it's actually 16mm thick so it wears a lot like gen. I have it on a velcro strap and it's as close as I can get to Romain Grosjean's red quartz 11 which is why I have it, lol.

I don't have any of the tourbs yet but one of these days I'll decide between the 53 and the 27 and focus on getting one of them to finish out the RM collection.

Last edited:

Raymondjubb87

Horology Curious
29/3/19
HI all
I’ ve been following the RM rep world for a few years now and I think this new ZF Yas Marina 55 is good enough to finally pull the trigger.

How are you current owners finding the watch? I’ve read about stuttering issues, is this something to be worry about?

also, having never purchased a rep watch before I’m not 100% sure which TD to go with or what payment options are available. I’m in the UK so if anyone could be kind enough to give me a few hints/tips with regards to ordering that would be amazing.

cheers.

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
HI all
I’ ve been following the RM rep world for a few years now and I think this new ZF Yas Marina 55 is good enough to finally pull the trigger.

How are you current owners finding the watch? I’ve read about stuttering issues, is this something to be worry about?

also, having never purchased a rep watch before I’m not 100% sure which TD to go with or what payment options are available. I’m in the UK so if anyone could be kind enough to give me a few hints/tips with regards to ordering that would be amazing.

cheers.

yes you can go there it is a very good model, for the second it is mainly aesthetics not to see a beautiful fluidity. TD level I have always bought with trustytime. io. enjoy your new RM :)

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
I really like this Yas Marina colour style, however I think this one is ever better with the white inner bezel. I'm guessing it wouldn't be much effort for ZF to release some more models of different colours? Not sure if I should pull the trigger on the Yas Marina or wait :confused:

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Nice, keep us updated :) I am still not ready to pull the trigger but I would really like to get one of those :)

Raymondjubb87

Horology Curious
29/3/19
I emailed both and both replied saying no stock at the moment. Pure time said that production hasn’t resumed since the raids.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I emailed both and both replied saying no stock at the moment. Pure time said that production hasn’t resumed since the raids.

I got my QC today, after a short wait for a blue strap. I know the ceramic 55 is out of production but the Yas Marina certainly is not.

Reactions: Unlimited

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I cant decide between this and the 35. Is there a general consensus which model wheres smaller on the wrist, i have a small wrist so this is a deciding factor, but not being able to try them in person makes it tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bunnyman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/7/19
UK
The enigma that is rep watch geekery. So close but yet so far. The balance wheel situation is the biggest draw by far.

Raymondjubb87

Horology Curious
29/3/19
I got my QC today, after a short wait for a blue strap. I know the ceramic 55 is out of production but the Yas Marina certainly is not.

Who did you order from? The Two TD’s I tried are not taking orders of the Yas at the moment.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Who did you order from? The Two TD’s I tried are not taking orders of the Yas at the moment.

I ordered from JTime, they've been my usual go-to lately. I ordered just under two weeks ago and just confirmed shipping today.

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Finally Received my RMX 035. And i must say, quite disappointed.
It was running maybe 30 mins fast after 4 hours. Demagnetized and it has been ok since. Next issue is it is fogging up randomly on my wrist even though no water, no washing hands, no rain.
I put in a bag of rice for 1 day, but issue comes back. I removed the back, however only the carbon layer comes back and it is still sandwiched in glass similar to my photos of rotating the bezel on my Rm055.
The AR on the RM055 seems to be quite a bit better than the RM035 RMX.

The movement does feel a bit jittery and i see what you guys mean with the stutter. (I dont have that issue with the Rm055)

So long story short...still love my RM055 Yas....it had a backwards bezel... but after i fixed that, it has been pretty good. And i can wash my hands with it.

ZJdqrS.jpg
ZJdIEQ.jpg
ZJdYHL.jpg
ZJdyyR.jpg

Last edited:

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Sorry to hear about the qc issues, it should not happen, especially at these prices.

Putting that aside, you feel the 055 is the nicer watch on the wrist? In terms of fit/finish and comfortability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk