• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM-056 EUR Factory

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Just saw this pictures in wechat, will bi quite expensive, is it real sapphire glass? Looks very fat..
3d5ec52495d531f4e90167abde1b1a2f.jpg
1324b4dd0a9fecd467e6d202aa0bffd8.jpg
74eff2f4dd599c7da42f73a8d6b3418a.jpg
903cff53c79578e435489a80edc4df29.jpg
7923fd17edcfe0de7090f125324aaa8e.jpg
fb22447beb183693d7aa6d59feac1323.jpg
5b10ae4d23c2500a19695547daa3ca28.jpg
6fd1bed84f9bececaac95d611788df4c.jpg
ed3709ce3a36b965e75f3e52a25196bc.jpg

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Seven7r

24/5/15
Wow, the bezel on this actually looks close to gen RM bezel width.

Dr.IDK

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Nobody’s gonna buy this..... Wtf are you gonna do with a 2 million dollar watch? For RM052 skull people are already pushing their limit. It’s more expensive than most people’s house. Unless you pull up in a Bugatti there’s no way people will think it’s real. Only couple in this world, elite of the elite top 0.0000000001%, leaving you awkwardness and embarrassment

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Nobody’s gonna buy this..... Wtf are you gonna do with a 2 million dollar watch? For RM052 skull people are already pushing their limit. It’s more expensive than most people’s house. Unless you pull up in a Bugatti there’s no way people will think it’s real. Only couple in this world, elite of the elite top 0.0000000001%, leaving you awkwardness and embarrassment

I would buy it if it was actually sapphire. Not to brag that I have a RM but to be able to own a tourbillon encased in a sapphire case. I would buy the watch itself, not the rep.

Reactions: doc76 and QueTip

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe

if you think that buying replicas is just a way to show off I would suggest to think again, I would buy this if it was sapphire where else would you be able to get a sapphire case tourbillon for 1 grand, you can wear it well and if anybody asks you say it’s fake what is the problem, I myself would just buy it probably to keep in the box as many other reps I own but when I look at it, it would make me smile and look baffled at the insane looks of a tourby running In a transparent case, besides there are also rich people with millionaire watch collections that aren’t into cars And drive Audi’s, Mercedes or other high end not hugely expensive cars

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Next time I’m rocking my gen Nautilus 3800 driving my wife’s Peugeot I’ll think of your comment buddy

Last edited:

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I don't mind it's plastic, as if the case can be scratch & dust resistant and don't get to yellowish after time aged .

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
I would never wear a rep RM trying to show off fake wealth. I just enjoy the flamboyant designs, cool materials, etc. I never get any derision when I tell people my RM skull is not actually the $700k gen, just curiosity and appreciation for how high quality the rep is.

This one I am sure would fall in the same category. Most common folks would not know rep watches are ever made with real tourbillons. In fact most people have never even seen a tourbillon in person. This transparent design would be a great way to show how one works I think, will definitely buy.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18

I believe most of us are buying reps for how it looks and don't really care about what people think. Despite the plastic case, which is very easy for scratches, I think it is one good looking piece and I will most likely buy one too.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe

Btw ouch.. That’s a gen btw and he’s driving a Nissan..

asuwere

2/6/19

I actually like this about RM. You can go buy a pizza with a $100K watch and no one will notice. Wear what you like without worrying about it.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I actually like this about RM. You can go buy a pizza with a $100K watch and no one will notice. Wear what you like without worrying about it.

I guess that depends on which country and neighbourhood you are living in haha but you've gotta point. If you tone down your appearance, people will not notice anything other than it looks like a toy watch

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13

You'd be Surprised how many people even know what an RM looks like. If it's not a Rolex, they think every other rubber strap watch is a casio /G shock. Unless you live in certain affluent areas like Monaco , Rodeo drive (Beverly Hills) or Switzerland itself or not walking directly into an AD with a replica on. You can even go a whole day without no one realising what's on your wrist. The reason why a lot of people have diamond watches because that attracts people's attention to the wrist otherwise only those into watches or very up on trends will know the difference between a Casio and a Richard Mille.

I buy watches for the interesting materials i.e Forged Carbon, ceramic, Titanium and in this case Sapphire especially due to the unique shapes and different from traditional everyday watches. Believe it or not it also makes people smile when they look at their reps or just appreciating it might not be the real thing but next best thing. Some can afford only one or a couple gens so they just buy the rest as reps, while some can't afford to buys gens due to other commitments which are more priority. Some use the rep for security reasons in case it gets damaged or stolen while they keep gens stored in the safe.

Lesson in life it you like something buy, enjoy it while it works and not care of what people think and be honest. As long as it makes you happy because it's just a watch at the end of the day.

Dr.IDK

Horology Curious
15/9/19
if you think that buying replicas is just a way to show off I would suggest to think again, I would buy this if it was sapphire where else would you be able to get a sapphire case tourbillon for 1 grand, you can wear it well and if anybody asks you say it’s fake what is the problem, I myself would just buy it probably to keep in the box as many other reps I own but when I look at it, it would make me smile and look baffled at the insane looks of a tourby running In a transparent case, besides there are also rich people with millionaire watch collections that aren’t into cars And drive Audi’s, Mercedes or other high end not hugely expensive cars
First, it ain’t sapphire it’s plastic. Second if you wanna buy a cheap Aventi that’s less than 10k. Last but not least this ain’t any regular tourbillion RM, it’s a god damn 2 million dollar sapphire tourbillion RM.

Dr.IDK

Horology Curious
15/9/19

Well that’s 1/3 of the price of the sapphire one, and a sapphire watch is more noticeable than any other metal but diamonds. Not saying you can’t enjoy it, but it’ll be plain Jane awkward to tell others it’s fake.

Dr.IDK

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Next time I’m rocking my gen Nautilus 3800 driving my wife’s Peugeot I’ll think of your comment buddy
3800? Nice watch, but guess what? It’s worth less than the 10% tax on this RM, so it’s not a fair comparison. There’s people that love watches, but RM+Cheap cars usually don’t work together, if we are talking about Patek it’s different. Let’s admit it, RMs are showy watches PERIOD

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
There’s people that love watches, but RM+Cheap cars usually don’t work together, if we are talking about Patek it’s different.

Sorry to say it directly, but what would you know about that?

Well that’s 1/3 of the price of the sapphire one,

It's still a Nissan and a gen RM, it contradicts your argumentation. Hence my previous comment.

3800? Nice watch, but guess what? It’s worth less than the 10% tax on this RM, so it’s not a fair comparison.

The 3800 is half the price of some RM's, like the RM005, RM010, RM033. So it's not like RM's are astronomic figures away from a Patek 3800. And there are lots of Pateks that are more expensive than most RM's.

It's your imagination of how things are, it isn't nescessarily how reality is. Same goes to your view on people's motivation for wearing reps.

Last edited: