• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
The wires "suspending" the movement on these guys look so much better executed than the ones in the 53-01 Pablo reps. I hope EUR takes a crack at some additional models! I'd love to see what they'd do with their version of the 53-01 or something from the 27 range. Enjoy it, looks fantastic!

Reactions: Glaude

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Question for the guys who has had this for a while. How is the wear and tear on the watch? Does the material scratch easily? I mean fine scrarches/swirls and stuff from daily use.

Also does it catch a lot of attention when you are wearing it out and about?

My second question is not because the Gen being crazy expensive. But regardless of the brand. This is a pretty unique looking watch being transparent and skeletonized and all. I am guessing it does have some wrist presence.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I have work mine about 3 times outside to go to dinner with friends, its a compliment magnet.... i think my most complimented watch, i have not noticed any scratches or dings on it. But then again i wear it very carefully. The top part is Sapphire so it does get this shimmer under certain lights at a fancy bar or steak house. All in all a great time piece to wear and enjoy .

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
I have work mine about 3 times outside to go to dinner with friends, its a compliment magnet.... i think my most complimented watch, i have not noticed any scratches or dings on it. But then again i wear it very carefully. The top part is Sapphire so it does get this shimmer under certain lights at a fancy bar or steak house. All in all a great time piece to wear and enjoy .

I want pictures :)

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I didnt send it for service , and so far it has been reliable on all my RM tourbillions . Service costs alot and the time to send it to someone from conus to europe is not worth it. I am gonna continue to wear these watches and when their tourbillion breaks then i will see what i need to do

olleyjp

Known Member
10/4/12
my QC pics through from PureTime for this piece

hopefully see it in the next 5/7 days! Very excited for it to arrive

got a Rolex deepsea blue to go with!

Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Dude that looks fantastic! I'm not usually a fan of the full sapphire but this keeps growing on me hardcore. Thanks for sharing and give us a wrist pic once it arrives!

jtr21510

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
I got mine couple days ago, and below are my personal thoughts after few days wearing

This peace is way more beautiful on your hand than you see in the QC image or video.

It's very very light, considering is a big watch for my wrist, I don't feel the weight when I'm wearing it.

The crown is hard to pull up to set the time.

The rubber strap and the buckle are not designed for skinny wrist like mine. I am going to look if there is any nylon strap can fit on this watch.

I will update if there is anything new. For now, I am very satisfied and happy to have this piece.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
I got mine couple days ago, and below are my personal thoughts after few days wearing

This peace is way more beautiful on your hand than you see in the QC image or video.

It's very very light, considering is a big watch for my wrist, I don't feel the weight when I'm wearing it.

The rubber strap and the buckle are not designed for skinny wrist like mine. I am going to look if there is any nylon strap can fit on this watch.

I will update if there is anything new. For now, I am very satisfied and happy to have this piece.

thanks, appreciate it

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20

wow! Thanks for the contribution. Finally a good one. How do you find the finishing/ refractivity of the ‘sapphire’? In photos it looks very plasticky and cheap. How does that differ in real life? I understand due to the refractive index of sapphire, the camera can’t properly capture how the watch truly looks like irl. Does it looks more like glass or plastic? How is the polish/brush surfaces of the movement? Do they look cheap and rushed or well done? And lastly, what is the layman’s impression of the watch? Do they think it looks expensive or cheap? Thanks!

jtr21510

26/9/15
wow! Thanks for the contribution. Finally a good one. How do you find the finishing/ refractivity of the ‘sapphire’? In photos it looks very plasticky and cheap. How does that differ in real life? I understand due to the refractive index of sapphire, the camera can’t properly capture how the watch truly looks like irl. Does it looks more like glass or plastic? How is the polish/brush surfaces of the movement? Do they look cheap and rushed or well done? And lastly, what is the layman’s impression of the watch? Do they think it looks expensive or cheap? Thanks!

The finishing and refractivity is pretty well, so far. Sorry for my awful photo lol but like I mentioned, it actually looks much beautiful in real comparing all the images video I saw.

I’m not sure if it’s sapphire or some kind of plastic, I’m not professional on this part and I don’t have a tester. If you ask me to guess, I will say it’s more like Acrylic. But it’s just my guessing.

The movement looks great, I didn’t see any flaw or anything which bothers me.

So far, no one made any comment on the watch yet Lol But RM is not a popular brand anyway.

olleyjp

Known Member
10/4/12
eagerly awaiting my delivery. Shipment is confirmed so very happy!

I wear an RM daily, so size should be fine for me, looks massive to OP above with small wrist!

rm027 for scale for me, so I think this one should be a nice size