• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
It's because we don't have access to replacement parts in case something go south... Maybe some really skilled watchmakers can work on it, but for me I don't want to risk it.

I did want to ask you, what is your take on rep tourbys as a watchsmith? Reliable? Not worth the money due to concerns?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I did want to ask you, what is your take on rep tourbys as a watchsmith? Reliable? Not worth the money due to concerns?

Those looks cool, if you can afford getting one and won't be mad if it break then buy one and enjoy as much as you can.

Me personally I don't buy those, I like reliability and peace of mind.

And don't trust reddit 200$ service special, I have read they have other specials there like :
"dip and lube service - service without striping the movement".... LOL.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
"dip and lube service - service without striping the movement".... LOL.
You didn't get the memo yet? That's a new thing in the game.. Basically a pair of goggles that services movements without stripping them down by just looking at the balance wheel and spinning the rotor 3 times CW and 12 1/3 times CCW. Groundbreaking technology. Great times we live in, indeed.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
You didn't get the memo yet? That's a new thing in the game.. Basically a pair of goggles that services movements without stripping them down by just looking at the balance wheel and spinning the rotor 3 times CW and 12 1/3 times CCW. Groundbreaking technology. Great times we live in, indeed.

:spit:

ZAOyrv.jpg

They must took this too serious and throw in a whole movemet in there

:wow:

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
I see EURF have done the Skull tourbillon now this. I wonder if they will ever make a sapphire Skull tourbillon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WByDirZzyjw

What are people's thoughts - is it too expensive or in some other way prohibitive to make the 'red' sapphire colour? If so I will buy this 56-02, if not I might wait awhile longer and hope they rep this one :D

Each to their own but even for an RM that’s an atrocity, that being said EUR don’t seem to be using ‘sapphire’ so perhaps it’s doable, if not then you can always colour some epoxy resin and pour it into a mould of the bezel. Should do the same thing.

Sent from my 15202

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I see EURF have done the Skull tourbillon now this. I wonder if they will ever make a sapphire Skull tourbillon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WByDirZzyjw

What are people's thoughts - is it too expensive or in some other way prohibitive to make the 'red' sapphire colour? If so I will buy this 56-02, if not I might wait awhile longer and hope they rep this one :D

Red real sapphire : very unlikely
Red composite or glass : could be, we never know what demand they have for that type of stuff, we only have the limited view of what the forum like or dislike

Iluvpuncak3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
Another glaring issue with the watch is the dimension. From some research the original is ~42mm in width while according to puretime, this rep is only 30mm. Which is why it has such a squeezed and cluttered look compared to the original with its much more spacious and elegant design. Another reason why this rep, although is beautiful in its own right, is not worth 1.2k. Especially with the bezel being some form of plastic.

saschinkaiya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/20
Another glaring issue with the watch is the dimension. From some research the original is ~42mm in width while according to puretime, this rep is only 30mm. Which is why it has such a squeezed and cluttered look compared to the original with its much more spacious and elegant design. Another reason why this rep, although is beautiful in its own right, is not worth 1.2k. Especially with the bezel being some form of plastic.

Honest question, are you kinda drunk?
Ofc, Puretime says at the Website its only 30mm, but according to the pics posted in this forum and also on puretime its absolutly clear, that it has the right width, which also shows that your words about elegant and so on is just bs (besides it doesnt make any watch more elegant if you make it 1cm more width).

Please just do a proper reaserch next time.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Honest question, are you kinda drunk?
Ofc, Puretime says at the Website its only 30mm, but according to the pics posted in this forum and also on puretime its absolutly clear, that it has the right width, which also shows that your words about elegant and so on is just bs (besides it doesnt make any watch more elegant if you make it 1cm more width).

Please just do a proper reaserch next time.

No reason to attack him, you can point the mistake without being aggressive about it

Reactions: Seven7r and soubido

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hi I’m interested in buying the Richard Mille RM56-02 EURF I know about reps but I never actually bought one

Could anyone explain the process through so I can not get scammed?

I read the page of thrusted dealers and there are a lot of websites there so for example if I buy from puretime is it safe?

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...st-edition-skeleton-dial-on-rubber-strap.html

I suggest you hold of a bit and go read the new member area and some of the pinned thread. You are about to purchase an expensive rep, and maybe you lack some perspective on the whole process.

Also check some feedback in the trusted dealer section to see what people have to say (good & bad) about each dealer before choosing one.

It may sound tedious, but trust me, the more you know about all of this, the better your choice will be.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I’m on trustytime and I do not see PayPal in the payment methods

Trustytime will usually only accept PayPal from well known members, too many chargebacks done from new members

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Tempted with this one - just waiting on clarification over the material of the case!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Tempted with this one - just waiting on clarification over the material of the case!

I asked my TD about it, of course without having it in hand, he can't run a test for me, and is only relying on what the factory is saying (same thing as puretime said in this thread) but if he has one in its hand, he'll test it for me, and I'll report about it

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I asked my TD about it, of course without having it in hand, he can't run a test for me, and is only relying on what the factory is saying (same thing as puretime said in this thread) but if he has one in its hand, he'll test it for me, and I'll report about it

Any news mate? I really want one but I’m just not paying that money for glass