• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

imf5tt

Horology Curious
19/10/20
This is really looking nice, I have to say.

imf5tt You don't have someone around with a diamond tester by any chance ? If you are curious about your case, they are quite cheap ... ;)

While I was searching for this watch, I saw a video in which the guy tested both front and back as well as the sides with gem tester and there are no signs of any sapphire whatsoever. EUR claims that this is a composite material like sapphire but my dealer "told" me that it's "glass". I think it's more like plastic than glass, perhaps my dealer meant *perspex glass*, which is a form of organic plastic

kelvinmd99

Supporter
Certified
22/1/19
wow looks great no way this is real sapphire for this price man...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
While I was searching for this watch, I saw a video in which the guy tested both front and back as well as the sides with gem tester and there are no signs of any sapphire whatsoever. EUR claims that this is a composite material like sapphire but my dealer "told" me that it's "glass". I think it's more like plastic than glass, perhaps my dealer meant *perspex glass*, which is a form of organic plastic

Yeah I saw that but the guy that done the test in the video was an idiot that did not do it correctly. Since you have it in hand I thought you maybe would like to test it for real and give us the feedback

In any case, enjoy it and after a while tell us if you notice any scratches appearing easily

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Tempted to get this one, but with all the BBR tourbillon trouble myself and friends have had on 4-5 watches, I’m worried about taking the plunge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
You can, but not many will service it and it’s costly. A friend of mine paid $350 to have one serviced.

You and your friends who had issues, did you guys get yours serviced? A member over on r/reptime quoted me a $200 service for the tourbillon. If it means it can last 3-5 years then I will gladly get it done. However I have heard wayyyyyy more positive experience than bad even without servicing. Maybe its certain factories? I have heard nothing but good things about JBF tourbillons.

Reactions: krkqm2008

asuwere

2/6/19
Tempted to get this one, but with all the BBR tourbillon trouble myself and friends have had on 4-5 watches, I’m worried about taking the plunge...

What troubles did you guys have with those BBRs?

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Escape wheel jams, he had it fixed and now the keyless is broken

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19

it's not the same factory though, do you think the movement is the same?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
A random guy on reddit quoted you a cheap service on a tourbillon, what could go wrong ... ?

Nah bro its r/reptime which is the rwi of reddit basically. They have a couple official trusted watchsmiths. He quoted me $200 on a jbf hublot classic fusion tourbillon.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Nah bro its r/reptime which is the rwi of reddit basically. They have a couple official trusted watchsmiths. He quoted me $200 on a jbf hublot classic fusion tourbillon.

You don't think I know what reptime is ? :lol:

This is exactly because it's reptime, something a millions light year away from what RWI is and bring, that I warn you to be very careful.
Reptime doesn't have 1% of the ressources we have to make sure things go smoothly when you send your watch to a random guy that has litteraly nothing to fear if he decide to fuck up your watch or run away with it.

We have been here for decades, we've seen that happen many time but it's your stuff after all, this is just a friendly warning

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
You don't think I know what reptime is ? :lol:

This is exactly because it's reptime, something a millions light year away from what RWI is and bring, that I warn you to be very careful.
Reptime doesn't have 1% of the ressources we have to make sure things go smoothly when you send your watch to a random guy that has litteraly nothing to fear if he decide to fuck up your watch or run away with it.

We have been here for decades, we've seen that happen many time but it's your stuff after all, this is just a friendly warning

You’re right. I asked Oascom first over here and he said he doesn’t touch tourbillons. Which is why I was drawn to reptime. But you’re 100% right.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15

LOL. Reptime is nothing like RWI. It's a cesspool of scammers and liars. Don't be stupid.

Reactions: QueTip

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
You’re right. I asked Oascom first over here and he said he doesn’t touch tourbillons. Which is why I was drawn to reptime. But you’re 100% right.

Try to get in touch with other watchmaker here or even consider outside US, getting a tourby serviced is indeed hard, but it's an even greater reason to find someone not doing it on the cheap, this is an expensive and nice watch, better have it sit for a while than have it broken for good

If you ever go the reddit route, try to get all the insurance possible for shipping and from the guy willing to do it, and hope for the best

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM

It's because we don't have access to replacement parts in case something go south... Maybe some really skilled watchmakers can work on it, but for me I don't want to risk it.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
It's because we don't have access to replacement parts in case something go south... Maybe some really skilled watchmakers can work on it, but for me I don't want to risk it.

Totally bro not bashing you or anything! In fact I have non tourbys to send to you lmao.

Reactions: Oascom