• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Yes please , give us the source of that price point . I don’t mind paying under 1k ... USD

also none of the famous td’s have it at the moment ...

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Have you ? And have you read my post ?

He incorrectly test the RM, then incorrectly test the AP, no wonder with the tester already at 6-7 that it reads sapphire, I could do that on other materials too. And then he turn it off and never test the RM back so what I've said is still perfectly valid.

There's a specific way of using such a tool, and that guy is not using it correctly, so his test is not relevant at all

Read up above, that's not a valid test he did

Are you buying one tho? I would love to see you to prove it's made of sapphire. Only thing concerns me is the case material at this point.

Last edited:

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Have you ? And have you read my post ?

He incorrectly test the RM, then incorrectly test the AP, no wonder with the tester already at 6-7 that it reads sapphire, I could do that on other materials too. And then he turn it off and never test the RM back so what I've said is still perfectly valid.

There's a specific way of using such a tool, and that guy is not using it correctly, so his test is not relevant at all

Read up above, that's not a valid test he did

Then can u explain the only 85g on all watch?
there is no way watch only weight 85g if watch are made of sapphire or real crystal glass.
Beside talking about if that dealer use that diamond tester are correctly. The truth are here is watch only weight 85g!

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
nirvana0002 is that weidian guy legit?his prices seem really good!!

Well I've been buying from him for the last few years without any issue, AP 26510, RM001, 4130 daytona, IWC 5007, etc, he test each watch with proof before shipment just like the TD here; but like I said, you will have to speak mandarin and pay via wechat. I live at Hong Kong so it's not an issue for me.
His prices are pretty standard among other mainland dealers, it's more like you are paying for extra for the English service and custom insurance from the TD here, which I think is reasonable. The reason why I like him the most is that not only he review all the new watches, but also tells you pros and cons.
His review channel (if anyone speaks mandarin): http://i.youku.com/u/UNDEzMDk4ODYw

Last edited:

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
nirvana0002 thanks dude!I think I will give him a try in my next purchase.hopefully he lets me use my shipping agent

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I see that reading is not your strong point here... :facepalm:

I only said that the guy in the video was not using the tester correctly and that it was not an argument in favor of the watch not being made of Sapphire.

I have no idea what the watch is made of, nor do I intend to spend that kind of money on it to find out anyway

But while you guys are already in the process of playing guinea pigs, I would like to remind you that this wouldn't be the first time early samples are in the wild and have nothing in common with the final product.

It's pretty clear that the weight don't match a Sapphire or glass case but you also don't know if that's what TD will sell

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm loving this thread as a window into the differing mindsets of the consumer... and who knows what the window is made of? Well, looks like it depends on your level of optimism and how impressionable you are. Oh, the power of marketing... :)

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I just wonder why rm themselves have such a high failure rate of machining sapphire cases but these dude can claim to make it no problem. I think i read rm has a failure rate of over 90% of cases. Bearing in mind how hard and therefore brittle sapphire is i have no reason to doubt this. But apparently there are factories in china making sapphire watch cases so god know. Does seem unlikely that for $1000 your getting a full sapphire tourbillon but thats just my opinion.

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I just wonder why rm themselves have such a high failure rate of machining sapphire cases but these dude can claim to make it no problem. I think i read rm has a failure rate of over 90% of cases. Bearing in mind how hard and therefore brittle sapphire is i have no reason to doubt this. But apparently there are factories in china making sapphire watch cases so god know. Does seem unlikely that for $1000 your getting a full sapphire tourbillon but thats just my opinion.

It's indeed a strong point towards this not being Sapphire, or at least not full Sapphire, but there's a brand making full Sapphire cases, for less than $10000

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/aventi...02-has-a-case-made-entirely-of-rare-sapphire/

Given that they certainly have a comfy margin, and our Chinese friends never lacking innovation when it come to reproducing stuff, I'd say it's possible to see a full Sapphire case at one point

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
It's indeed a strong point towards this not being Sapphire, or at least not full Sapphire, but there's a brand making full Sapphire cases, for less than $10000

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/aventi...02-has-a-case-made-entirely-of-rare-sapphire/

Given that they certainly have a comfy margin, and our Chinese friends never lacking innovation when it come to reproducing stuff, I'd say it's possible to see a full Sapphire case at one point

Yeah ive seen those aventis watches. Their normal tourbys sell for about $1000. If you scale up the price of a rep tourby it would be about 10x more for a full sapphire rep, or about $7500. This is of course pure speculation but it sounds a lot more realistic than a $1000 full sapphire cased tourbillon.

Prices of reps are climbing, especially for things no one else is offering. The double tourbillon reps are $5000 from td’s but if you get them direct from china its about 1/3 of that. I just cant see people paying high 4 figure sums for a rep watch just because its made of sapphire.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yeah ive seen those aventis watches. Their normal tourbys sell for about $1000. If you scale up the price of a rep tourby it would be about 10x more for a full sapphire rep, or about $7500. This is of course pure speculation but it sounds a lot more realistic than a $1000 full sapphire cased tourbillon.

Prices of reps are climbing, especially for things no one else is offering. The double tourbillon reps are $5000 from td’s but if you get them direct from china its about 1/3 of that. I just cant see people paying high 4 figure sums for a rep watch just because its made of sapphire.

No buddy. Aventi sell a blue sapphire Tourbillon for 10.000$ (Blue sapphire is more expensive to make) and the white full sapphire Tourbillon for 5000$. They have a lot of expenses for marketing like all gen brands do in difference from reps. And also they say they have a lot of quality control. They have to give some years warranty too and product development, margins etc etc.

So Glaude is right that from that point of view it sounds plausible that a rep maker can sell a Tourbillon with sapphire back and front for around $ 1K. The Aventi is a full sapphire for $ 5K. So a lot less sapphire used and a lot less complicated machining when it’s only front and back.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
No buddy. Aventi sell a blue sapphire Tourbillon for 10.000$ (Blue sapphire is more expensive to make) and the white full sapphire Tourbillon for 5000$. They have a lot of expenses for marketing like all gen brands do in difference from reps. And also they say they have a lot of quality control. They have to give some years warranty too and product development, margins etc etc.

So Glaude is right that from that point of view it sounds plausible that a rep maker can sell a Tourbillon with sapphire back and front for around $ 1K. The Aventi is a full sapphire for $ 5K. So a lot less sapphire used and a lot less complicated machining when it’s only front and back.

I do think both of your points (DrFunSocks & you) are right here, there's too much elements we ignore here, we will end up losing the thread in speculations I think.

Now that it's out, we just have to wait for someone to buy it and test it (I mean, if you buy that, surely you have $20 to spare for a diamond tester :lol: )

The big problem I see with this rep, is that we'll be able to see all the pubes in there ...

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
jm_brc_7057 sorry i got confused with the blue and clear sapphire versions. So say its 5x more expensive than their normal tourbillon, that would put a rep in the $3750 range, at a guess. I do understand that aventis has marketing and warranties to cover, hence they are 33% more expensive than a rep tourbillon ootb ($750 vs $1000) even though they sell factory direct unlike the rep factories.

Im not arguing that the front and back can be made from sapphire on a $1000 rep. Of course they can. Just the machining of the block for the center is the expensive part. Most if not all reps have a sapphire crystal and case back in 2020. Just this one happens to have a bit more of a funky shape. The actual case itself would be a bitch to machine though.

Im interested to see the watch in person but im not sure im interested at the price.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
the price is crazy on puretime...
I have purchased a couple of pieces from my buddy over at L******, he is the Instagram dealer . Don’t know why he is not a TD here , he has decent prices. And responds quickly and sends watches pretty secure. But I want this watch for sure .

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
We don't allow advertisements for non TDs and especially not this one.
The TD requirements are multiple and not many dealers out there are able to meet them.

Keep this thread on track please, it's not about where to buy but the product itself

Thanks

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
So Puretime’s description says the bezel and caseback are sapphire and the midcase is a “transparent composite material”
I’m guessing thats a lie from the factory and its just glass/plastic. Only one way to find out... waiting for someone else to buy it lmfao.