• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
From the video review I posted 2 pages back, the diamond tester indicates neither the top or bottom plates are made of sapphire. Unless there are 2 versions of this RM056 like others have stated.

Perhaps it was the sample variant of the watch, not sure though. Highly doubt it will be plastic though. So much confusion but if its plastic, this shit wont sell...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: doc76

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Perhaps it was the sample variant of the watch, not sure though. Highly doubt it will be plastic though. So much confusion but if its plastic, this shit wont sell...

I mean, one bump with the thick boy against something and its scratched.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Do you guys recon stocks will run out fast? Since this is a limited production piece?

The first batch will be low volume, but no way in hell this will be "limited production piece", unless the demand is too low like some PAM. The rep factories are here to make money, not to establish brand image. lmao.

Last edited:

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18

Well both of the dealers in the video reviews stated the entire watch is made of plastic (or whatever fancy name), but definitely not sapphire. One of them I've been buying from for the past 4 years so I am pretty confident about his knowledge.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Well both of the dealers in the video reviews stated the entire watch is made of plastic (or whatever fancy name), but definitely not sapphire. One of them I've been buying from for the past 4 years so I am pretty confident about his knowledge.

Did the dealer in the video confirm the price is over $1K? If so then what a ripoff. It should be like $600. We pay $800 for SS or Gold Plated or Carbon Cased Tourbillons. Plastic should be CHEAPER lmao.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

The dealer using the diamond tester is a complete idiot, he doesn't know how to use the device, it wouldn't have worked even on a sapphire from the gen the way he did it.

I have the same diamond tester, and the manual is easy to find online, here's how you are suppose to do it :
Those testers works by checking heat response of materials, to work they have to warm up when you start them, there's even a indicator led for that matter, you can clearly see on the video that the guy just start up the device, put the threshold to 6 already and don't wait for the lamp to be ready.
It's only when his "test" is finished that the ready lamp light up ...

To use it properly in a average room temperature environnement, you have to start it, wait for the ready lamp to go red, then adjust the threshold to around the 3 to 4 limit, in theory you should even calibrate it on a known diamond of a known carat value to be very precise, but for sapphire it's not really needed.

Glass will never go past 4 that way, any type of glass. And Sapphire depending on the purity will reach the 7 to 8 limit at a reasonable speed, but not instant like a diamond would

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
The dealer using the diamond tester is a complete idiot, he doesn't know how to use the device, it wouldn't have worked even on a sapphire from the gen the way he did it.

I have the same diamond tester, and the manual is easy to find online, here's how you are suppose to do it :
Those testers works by checking heat response of materials, to work they have to warm up when you start them, there's even a indicator led for that matter, you can clearly see on the video that the guy just start up the device, put the threshold to 6 already and don't wait for the lamp to be ready.

To use it properly in a average room temperature environnement, you have to start it, wait for the ready lamp to go red, then adjust the threshold to around the 3 to 4 limit, in theory you should even calibrate it on a known diamond of a known carat value to be very precise, but for sapphire it's not really needed.

Glass will never go past 4 that way, any type of glass. And Sapphire depending on the purity will reach the 7 to 8 limit at a reasonable speed, but not instant like a diamond would

Have you watched the whole video? He also tested it on an AP.

Iluvpuncak3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
He tested it on the ap with a sapphIre crystal. When he placed the tester on the rm056 it didn’t go off like the ap did. Meaning it’s not sapphire. I don’t know why they keep insisting it’s sapphire.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
He tested it on the ap with a sapphIre crystal. When he placed the tester on the rm056 it didn’t go off like the ap did. Meaning it’s not sapphire. I don’t know why they keep insisting it’s sapphire.

Thats so stupid though a rep in 2020 without a sapphire crystal on the front??? Forget the case, its probably glass mineral or some sort of hard plastic like the Hublots have but damn near every rep has a sapphire crystal in the front, and some in the back for display backs.

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20
I get if the case isn’t sapphire, Richard mille did state that it took hundreds of hours to machine the sapphire case on the original rm. but atleast make the front sapphire. If you’re paying 1200 usd for this atleast make the front crystal sapphire. Shame, it’s such a nice looking watch and was really hyped for it but seeing these new info kinda puts me off not gonna lie.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

Okay, I don't know in the video he did use wrong way to test it. But can you explain other video weight on scale only 85g on all watch. There is no way only weight 85g if watch are made of sapphire or real glass.

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20
Wait hold on. Since repist mentioned that this first batch will be in very limited quantity, it’s unlikely that I can get my hands on it now, let alone a month from now if I save up. That being said, wonder when will a v2 come out? One which will be in higher production numbers available to the average customer?

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Your post provided no value. As a matter of fact, I am frustrated that I read it and can't get my time back.

Reactions: BIONONE

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Have you watched the whole video? He also tested it on an AP.

Have you ? And have you read my post ?

He incorrectly test the RM, then incorrectly test the AP, no wonder with the tester already at 6-7 that it reads sapphire, I could do that on other materials too. And then he turn it off and never test the RM back so what I've said is still perfectly valid.

There's a specific way of using such a tool, and that guy is not using it correctly, so his test is not relevant at all

Read up above, that's not a valid test he did