• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
So is the movement actually suspended in the case via the cables?!? If so that’s pretty impressive, even if it isn’t totally accurate!

I’ve never liked the RM056 personally, but again I’m very impressed by what EUR are trying!

DC

I don't think so, the cable are just decoration look like gen.
you can see there are black pvd frame are holding the movement to case.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I have read many articles on the gen since yesterday, none mention the thickness of Gen

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I have read many articles on the gen since yesterday, none mention the thickness of Gen

You'll see that on some RM model that info is hard to come by, no idea why, except maybe for tolerance or simply marketing reasons RM decided not to put in their press sheet so no reviewer have bothered taking the time to measure (or been allowed to publish the measure in exchange of a review sample)

Reactions: krkqm2008

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
What? No it doesn’t say anything when he tests it. It doesn’t react like it does when he puts it on the crystal of the Hublot.

You see how the tester blink when it was on the AP for comparison? So apparently the RM056 isn't made of sapphire.
And.....if you understand Mandarin, the dealer also says none of the 4 sides are sapphire. Go have your Chinese friends translate for you if you don't trust me.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
You see how the tester blink when it was on the AP for comparison? So apparently the RM056 isn't made of sapphire.
And.....if you understand Mandarin, the dealer also says none of the 4 sides are sapphire. Go have your Chinese friends translate for you if you don't trust me.

If you are saying it’s not sapphire then we are in agreement.

Last edited:

Iluvpuncak3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
What material is it then? Acrylic? Hopefully it’s atleast some kind of glass crystal. Other wise it’s just gonna feel and look cheap and tacky

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
looks amazing,but youre gonna need to have 5 security guards around you if you wanna pull this off.

on another note, i wonder how long it will take before we see one of these on chrono 24 :D

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
So apparently there are 2 versions... i talked to my good friend over at Legendtawatches.. there is a plastic version and a sapphire front bezel and back plate version ... he has been very informative

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
So apparently there are 2 versions... i talked to my good friend over at Legendtawatches.. there is a plastic version and a sapphire front bezel and back plate version ... he has been very informative

Yup I heard the same info from them. They said Sapphire bezel and caseback costs $1000 more! Whats the point in paying $1200 for a glass case??? Maybe if it was $800 then sure it’ll sell a little but $1200 and its not prtially sapphire is disappointing.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Yup I heard the same info from them. They said Sapphire bezel and caseback costs $1000 more! Whats the point in paying $1200 for a glass case??? Maybe if it was $800 then sure it’ll sell a little but $1200 and its not prtially sapphire is disappointing.

Not even glass, the whole watch weights just 86 grams, go figure.

Last edited:

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
If so dont get it why the two versions..
This will lead to serious misunderstanding and ruin their business

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
So weird update, I spoke with Eric from Geektime and he quoted me a price of $1128 for the watch, saying its available to order. The factory told him the entire case is 100% sapphire. Now Im confused. Obviously Eric isn’t lying but it seems the factory is lying to him, OR there’s different versions and there’s on made of 3 pieces of sapphire?