• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swimming with KVF or ZF RM?

TheSociety

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Hey guys, Just a quick question regarding swimming with the KVF or ZF RMs. Anyone tried it yet? I’ve been able to get into the water with the PPF patek and numerous JF APs without any issues. Never tried the RMs but should be getting a few in the next week so wanted to check on this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Whether or not I have swam in my rep is largely irrelevant.

Chances are, yours has not been assembled by the same person, on the same day, using the exact same amount of lube and caseback torque. Lots of variations between pieces.

It’s like asking, anyone else tried smoking 20 cigarettes a day for 5 years and not got cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bootleblatt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/20
Whether or not I have swam in my rep is largely irrelevant.

Chances are, yours has not been assembled by the same person, on the same day, using the exact same amount of lube and caseback torque. Lots of variations between pieces.

It’s like asking, anyone else tried smoking 20 cigarettes a day for 5 years and not got cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

No its not. If 10 people reply not to do it cause mine was broken after a swim, that gives your an idea if its ok or not.
But in generell your right cause even if your watch was water resistant today not means it is still tomorrow.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No its not. If 10 people reply not to do it cause mine was broken after a swim, that gives your an idea if its ok or not.
But in generell your right cause even if your watch was water resistant today not means it is still tomorrow.

WR doesn't change from day today, but considering these watches are made in China and no testing is carried out on them once they are assembled it would be more than foolish to assume that because your buddy's watch was WR for swimming your will be too.

juanortigoza

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/20
Well the ZF, they claim that you can go under 50 meters.... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt98765

9/4/20
UK

You are very wrong about that. 10 people can reply that theirs is waterproof and yours may be the one that isn't.

One thing I have never understood, whether gen or rep, is why anyone would feel the need to swim while wearing these timepieces??? Especially something like an RM which is anything but a divers watch.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Hey guys, Just a quick question regarding swimming with the KVF or ZF RMs. Anyone tried it yet? I’ve been able to get into the water with the PPF patek and numerous JF APs without any issues. Never tried the RMs but should be getting a few in the next week so wanted to check on this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Swim with ut and let us know :D.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk