• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will a replica ever show the spinning gears like gen (e.g. 35-02)???

tom_h

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/20
hi everyone.

long time lurker recently joined.
thank you all for the info you share.

been keeping my eye on a rm35-02.

now the pink jewel has been corrected, i feel that the only major difference between gen and rep upon first glance is the lack of spinning gears.

e,g, see this video (2 second mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZeqwhPxVE&t=2s

Does anyone think a RM35-02 replica will one day have spinning gears like that??
or is this something that cant be replicated as the movement does not allow for that type of adjustment/edit.

Thanks

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
That's not spinning gears, it's balance wheel.
and bad news is no any factory can do as gen with real open balance work.
So save your money don't wast your money buy those.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
That's not spinning gears, it's balance wheel.
and bad news is no any factory can do as gen with real open balance work.
So save your money don't wast your money buy those.

never say never, the factories are evolving, maybe one day they will be able to clone a 90% close movement with actualy balance wheel

think this way, image what the rep game was it like 3 years ago, and look now, we have lots amazing reps out there that we didnt think it was possible, so be patient, and have faith

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
Yeah, the balance wheel being just a static decoration on 035 reps surprised me. I didn't even realize it was the case at first. A real shame.
You can look at RM-027 - it has fully working gears, openworked movement, and a real tourbillon - but you have to pay for it. It's a $1300 rep :\
RM001 also has a real tourbillon, and working power reserve hands, but the gears on the back deco plate are fake.

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
It’s my honest belief that the cost will never be worth it for rep producers to come remotely close to rm complications - I hate rms but you cannot deny the level of complexity in their pieces

Reactions: Bill_C

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
It’s my honest belief that the cost will never be worth it for rep producers to come remotely close to rm complications - I hate rms but you cannot deny the level of complexity in their pieces

I fully agree. 1 to 1 rep of that level of complication is just cost prohibitive. Even if they could get the cost down some how, what crap hole would they have to be assembled in at pennies per hour to make it financially feasible? Better question, would you still want it?

Reactions: Countess Koscowicz