• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JBF RM053-01 v2? Or just modded

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Hey Guys,

As some of you know, I have a ABD modded RM053-01. One of the mods was the change of the gold wheel to gen style color wheel. I saw this post from a WeChat dealer which stated this "new and improved version" offered the gen style wheel as well and wasn't sure if this meant JBF is offering a v2 or if they were offering a modded JBF watch.

I know they are just comparing the JBF to some random factory watch though.

I cannot read or write Chinese so just wondering if something was lost in translation.

a.png

b.png

640.jpg

6402.jpg

6403.jpg

6404.jpg

6405.jpg

6406.jpg

6407.jpg

6408.jpg

c.png

d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Weirdly the main thing that put me off on the V1 is the metallic blue crown, and they fixed it in this presumably V2. But I still can't see myself pulling off wearing this beast. You never know when you'll run into someone who knows his/her stuff and you'll have to pretend you have over $900k on your wrist...

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Weirdly the main thing that put me off on the V1 is the metallic blue crown, and they fixed it in this presumably V2. But I still can't see myself pulling off wearing this beast. You never know when you'll run into someone who knows his/her stuff and you'll have to pretend you have over $900k on your wrist...

Ah thanks for your thoughts! I went through my Google Photos (my 053 is with rnrprof atm) and indeed mine has the metallic crown, bummer. This definitely seems more and more like a V2 then.

I have zero issues wearing a faux [insert value here] watch haha. I just can't imagine any stranger or 5 minute acquaintance asking you to take off any watch north of $20k to examine. That is just so rude, lmao. I wear my reps to fundraising dinners and lunches all the time where the minimum donation is $5k. Zero looks or f*cks given. Other than that, I only really go out of the house to meet with business partners, and they do take an interest in some of my watches and the ones who ask all know mine are reps. I recently gifted one a XF 15202 and XF 15706. Despite being a UHNW individual, he just couldn't bring himself to buy a gen AP. I know the feeling, lmao. So who else is gonna call me out? The person handing me my meal at McDonalds? The staff at Chuck E Cheese when I'm playing arcades with my kid? Or even if I am shopping at a luxury boutique, is the rep gonna call me out when the rep is salivating over the potential sale? Maybe I live in a bubble, but I just don't understand. And if they call you out, who the F really cares if everyone is a stranger? Just say "Oh really? Good to know man." and keep walking?

But for some reason, if you need to pretend, here, you can have this super douchey anecdote (since a stranger calling you out is already a super douchey move): "Bro, funny story with this watch. It was already Q4 and my accountant couldn't minimize my tax liability any further. I had to purchase a 5 year old aged shelf company in Singapore w/ an active bank account, then wire out this lump sum--a bunch of paper trail was needed, it was a whole mess, don't want to bore you with the details. Obviously such a lump sum "expense" of this nature, in Q4, would trigger DIF w/ the IRS, as I'm sure you know, so I had my tax attorney prepare an opinion letter just in case to justify the transaction. But hey, I got this watch out of it and a trip to Singapore. Hope it'll hold its resale value. So no, you can't fucking touch it, this was just the easiest thing for me to carry back to the 'states. I honestly have no fucking clue about this brand. I'm actually hoping it's a knockoff, it'll be easy then convert back to liquidity through official channels, otherwise I'm kinda fucked unless someone pays me in bitcoin for it which isn't much better. Oh I need tell you about my shady insurance broker..."

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I did some quick searching on WeChat and the version with the rubber crown first appeared in late November 2019.

I just confirmed with a random Dealer and it's indeed the v2

The mods were performed by ABD throughout October 2019. I guess it's possible I got a "v1.5" - the updated wheel but not the rubber crown

Here is the mod list:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...e-are-you-wearing-today?p=8317718#post8317718

WeChat_Image_20200111021932.jpg

WeChat_Image_20200111021912.jpg

WeChat_Image_20200111021921.jpg

WeChat_Image_20200111021925.jpg

WeChat_Image_20200111021928.jpg

Reactions: YellowFin

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I did some quick searching on WeChat and the version with the rubber crown first appeared in late November 2019.

I just confirmed with a random Dealer and it's indeed the v2

The mods were performed by ABD throughout October 2019. I guess it's possible I got a "v1.5" - the updated wheel but not the rubber crown

Here is the mod list:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...18#post8317718

Are ABD selling early release versions from the factories under their own name, or?

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Are ABD selling early release versions from the factories under their own name, or?

I can't opine on that but I'll provide more facts as they arrive. The most expensive mod for my 053 was the removal of the deco plate and exposing the mainspring. I just saw a video of a 053 with a rubber crown that has the exposed mainspring as well.

However, in all of the v2 pictures, there is still the deco plate.

I asked a dealer to look into it for me.

I'm very tempted to order the v2 and compare side by side to see. I'll just have a watchmaker transfer over the modded bezel, darkened screws, and 2xAR crystal. If anyone in Los Angeles wants a v1 JBF RM-053 for local pickup lmk.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
I can't opine on that but I'll provide more facts as they arrive. The most expensive mod for my 053 was the removal of the deco plate and exposing the mainspring. I just saw a video of a 053 with a rubber crown that has the exposed mainspring as well.

However, in all of the v2 pictures, there is still the deco plate.

I asked a dealer to look into it for me.

I'm very tempted to order the v2 and compare side by side to see. I'll just have a watchmaker transfer over the modded bezel, darkened screws, and 2xAR crystal. If anyone in Los Angeles wants a v1 JBF RM-053 for local pickup lmk.

I've already asked but probably missed your return: is your ABD modded piece having those annoying misspelled Richmard and jewlls or he updated those ones too?
thx for the confi.

Last edited:

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Hi yes the Ricmard is there. I haven’t noticed the other misspelling but when I get the watch back I’ll check (I think some of the pics below will show the back of the watch, posting in haste didn’t really look)

Seems like there is a deco plate for the v2

Pic from another Dealer's video w/ no deco plate:
gf.png

Promo Material of the v2 provided by that Dealer I was chatting with:

We-Chat-Image-20200111111525.jpg

We-Chat-Image-20200111111532.jpg

We-Chat-Image-20200111111536.jpg

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Hi yes the Ricmard is there. I haven’t noticed the other misspelling but when I get the watch back I’ll check (I think some of the pics below will show the back of the watch, posting in haste didn’t really look)

Seems like there is a deco plate for the v2

Pic from another Dealer's video w/ no deco plate:

Thx m8!, I'd also appreciated your first hand confi upon your watch is back

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Just talked to Lucy, she said the watch is available , but she wants to wait till after CNY
to get it for me since it will be easy to QC for her and exchange from factories if needed

so in about 1 month or so I will the supposed rm35-02 v2 and this v2 as well

already sent funds for the 35-02
dont know the price on 53-01 yet

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Just talked to Lucy, she said the watch is available , but she wants to wait till after CNY
to get it for me since it will be easy to QC for her and exchange from factories if needed

so in about 1 month or so I will the supposed rm35-02 v2 and this v2 as well

already sent funds for the 35-02
dont know the price on 53-01 yet

Cool bro, hope you post some pics and let us know your thoughts.

WeChat price for the v2 is 5400CNY (haven't bargained) + 150CNY DHL express. After seeing WeChat prices, I have to scoff at some of the M2M sales I've seen on the forum by folks who live in Asia. I'm just a dumb American and I'm already getting these prices. Just imagine what the locals can get who understand the culture and can bargain properly/effectively. The forum rules state that you can't make a profit, but anyone who lives in Asia, if they list and sell at TD prices, they are definitely making at least 20%.

Lucy/Tim/Mary aren't as greedy nor have the overhead of the other TDs so I'm guessing their price is probably around 6000CNY and they'll make money on shipping and charge 250CNY for DHL.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Lucy my TD said that it’s a good chance a v2 is coming out because she can’t get the 35-02 from any where at the moment

Yeah. I just ordered the RM035-02 ZF V1. Approved the QC friday. Will receive it in 10-12 days. Maybe stupid of me if the V2 comes out just after. But let's see if they change the bezel at all in the V2. Which for me is the only important flaw in the V1.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Yeah. I just ordered the RM035-02 ZF V1. Approved the QC friday. Will receive it in 10-12 days. Maybe stupid of me if the V2 comes out just after. But let's see if they change the bezel at all in the V2. Which for me is the only important flaw in the V1.
And the mispelling on the back: richmard and jewlls?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk