• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Z+F Titanium RM052 skull

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
We’ve never had so many great watches available with such high quality reliable movements and working complications, and of gen watches that I never thought would be repped. It’s such an exciting time to be a rep collector.

What’s so ridiculous about that?!?

DC

He’s just a troll. Prob the guy that scammed everyone in the past on PayPal.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Timrm

24/4/18
Just came across this page aet_remould on ig! They make custom cristal cases for RM watches!! Rly awesome cases. Just wanted to share with you guys

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
He’s just a troll. Prob the guy that scammed everyone in the past on PayPal.

Lol. I've been good ebayer buy and sold gen watches over 15 years. 100% good feedback.

Anyway you guys love to buy those junk from ZF. Just did it.
All my point out is pointless to buy the non tourbillion rm052.

Seven7r

24/5/15
Lol. I've been good ebayer buy and sold gen watches over 15 years. 100% good feedback.

Anyway you guys love to buy those junk from ZF. Just did it.
All my point out is pointless to buy the non tourbillion rm052.

Yeah non working tourbillon sucks, but so far ZF is the only maker who can make properly shaped RM cases. That’s better than the JBF working tourbillons, cause the shape of those cases are whack.

Reactions: donpepe

donpepe

Horology Curious
19/11/19
Personally, I’m waiting for jbf rm001 v3 with correct engravings and text

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Yeah non working tourbillon sucks, but so far ZF is the only maker who can make properly shaped RM cases. That’s better than the JBF working tourbillons, cause the shape of those cases are whack.

The RM052 is whack, but JBFs RM001 Cade shape is really rather nice!

DC

Seven7r

24/5/15
The RM052 is whack, but JBFs RM001 Cade shape is really rather nice!

DC

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. The RM001 case shape is also really good. However, I wish the strap setting was like gen. I find it better on a leather or velcro strap.

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
I was really warming up to this 052 thinking that the 'tourbillion' part is just a normal functioning balance wheel... but now reading here I realized it's not even that :( It's just a static decorative part, right? Basically the watch looks like it's stopped when you look at it? That's a real shame because it looks so good otherwise.

*edit* wow, I see now that ZF's 035 has the exact same thing with the decorative ballance wheel. No idea how I managed to miss that, but at least that one has seconds hand that makes it clear the watch is running.

Last edited:

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I was really warming up to this 052 thinking that the 'tourbillion' part is just a normal functioning balance wheel... but now reading here I realized it's not even that :( It's just a static decorative part, right? Basically the watch looks like it's stopped when you look at it? That's a real shame because it looks so good otherwise.

*edit* wow, I see now that ZF's 035 has the exact same thing with the decorative ballance wheel. No idea how I managed to miss that, but that at leas that one has seconds hand that makes it clear the watch is running.

yup lmao

if a watchmaker went to such lengths to "skeletonize" one would expect some moving parts / open-worked movement / functioning complication. If you show a 035 rep to a layman friend, the friend will tell you it looks cool, but after a few seconds, the friend will ask you what he's supposed to be looking at--nothing is moving, so what is the watchmaker trying to show off here?

I understand your assumption though. Given how some of these members freak out over certain details, you just automatically assume the elephants in the room have already been addressed. Otherwise, why make so much fuss over such minutia?

KilowattHour

18/4/19
yup lmao

if a watchmaker went to such lengths to "skeletonize" one would expect some moving parts / open-worked movement / functioning complication. If you show a 035 rep to a layman friend, the friend will tell you it looks cool, but after a few seconds, the friend will ask you what he's supposed to be looking at--nothing is moving, so what is the watchmaker trying to show off here?

I understand your assumption though. Given how some of these members freak out over certain details, you just automatically assume the elephants in the room have already been addressed. Otherwise, why make so much fuss over such minutia?
The KVF 035 rep does have a working balance wheel in the correct spot, right? However, it has other problems, like the case shape, and is overall not quite up to ZF rep quality in other aspects?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The KVF 035 rep does have a working balance wheel in the correct spot, right? However, it has other problems, like the case shape, and is overall not quite up to ZF rep quality in other aspects?

KVF use the same garbage base with decoration on top. While some factories use a seiko (clone) movement like ZF - the majority uses a 8215 miyota (clone) aka DG2813

In each case no 3-hand RM got the right balance wheel position movement wise and so comes no one is abled to show a moving balance wheel underneath the deco.

KilowattHour

18/4/19
KVF use the same garbage base with decoration on top. While some factories use a seiko (clone) movement like ZF - the majority uses a 8215 miyota (clone) aka DG2813

In each case no 3-hand RM got the right balance wheel position movement wise and so comes no one is abled to show a moving balance wheel underneath the deco.
I see :( Yeah, watching some videos of the KVF version this is clearly the case there as well. Strange that this turned out to be such a problem.

Last edited:

Simon2439

9/1/20
Ordered the RM052 JF as I think it looks fantastic, obviously has huge flaws but all in all a quality piece and will enjoy wearing it!!! Will show pics when it arrives!! I think I'm correct in saying this is deffo the best RM REP available today no?

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Ordered the RM052 JF as I think it looks fantastic, obviously has huge flaws but all in all a quality piece and will enjoy wearing it!!! Will show pics when it arrives!! I think I'm correct in saying this is deffo the best RM REP available today no?
I would say that RM001 by JBF is the best RM rep available. It's reasonably close to gen both visually and functionally, That, or the crazy expensive RM027 ($1300 rep). Both of these have real tourbillion movements. RM027 appears to be a totally custom movement too.
Problem with ZF reps is that they are lacking functionally, due to having a tourbillion/balance wheel that's just a static decoration. But they are constructed really well otherwise.
I think that ZF's 56-02 is going to be great, because on that one, the movement is supposed to be mostly concealed anyway,

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I would say that RM001 by JBF is the best RM rep available. It's reasonably close to gen both visually and functionally, That, or the crazy expensive RM027 ($1300 rep). Both of these have real tourbillion movements. RM027 appears to be a totally custom movement too.
Problem with ZF reps is that they are lacking functionally, due to having a tourbillion/balance wheel that's just a static decoration. But they are constructed really well otherwise.
I think that ZF's 56-02 is going to be great, because on that one, the movement is supposed to be mostly concealed anyway,

For me the spelling mistake ‘sweiss made’ on the RM001 (v1 and v2) is a big red flag. Other than that I agree. It’s a good rep.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
For me the spelling mistake ‘sweiss made’ on the RM001 (v1 and v2) is a big red flag. Other than that I agree. It’s a good rep.

just wondering, in what situation(s) would folks be looking at / examining the bottom of your ~$250k watch? I cannot imagine such a situation personally, unless that person is very close to me, then they would already know it's a rep anyway.

I actually tried to have modders get rid of the "SWEISS MADE" altogether by sanding, but they couldn't do it. I remembered when comparing to the Gen, the Gen didn't even have any "SWISS MADE" engravings.

Reactions: Lariram

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
just wondering, in what situation(s) would folks be looking at / examining the bottom of your ~$250k watch? I cannot imagine such a situation personally, unless that person is very close to me, then they would already know it's a rep anyway.

I actually tried to have modders get rid of the "SWEISS MADE" altogether by sanding, but they couldn't do it. I remembered when comparing to the Gen, the Gen didn't even have any "SWISS MADE" engravings.

I don’t care mate if any one examines my watch. I have a problem with imperfections like this. They are a thorn in my eye. I couldn’t look at that every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lariram

KilowattHour

18/4/19
While that's indeed a dumb mistake on an otherwise nicely done rep, it's on the back, and fairly faint. I don't mind it at all, and it can't ruin my personal enjoyment of the watch, as I never see it :D The back of this watch is not that great, let's face it. Those fake gears on the back deco plate are far more obvious than the small misprint :)
But from the front, the watch is really good. Btw, it has a 4hz tourbillion movement, which rotates so smoothly! I've never seen something like that in real life, not even on any super expensive watches that I've had luck seeing - they were all 3hz. Actual RM gens are also all 3hz, as far as I've seen.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
While that's indeed a dumb mistake on an otherwise nicely done rep, it's on the back, and fairly faint. I don't mind it at all, and it can't ruin my personal enjoyment of the watch, as I never see it :D The back of this watch is not that great, let's face it. Those fake gears on the back deco plate are far more obvious than the small misprint :)
But from the front, the watch is really good. Btw, it has a 4hz tourbillion movement, which rotates so smoothly! I've never seen something like that in real life, not even on any super expensive watches that I've had luck seeing - they were all 3hz. Actual RM gens are also all 3hz, as far as I've seen.

You both convinced me. I think it’s better at hand. And on the backside a spelling mistake matters less.
I do like the black one of the JB RM001, even though I know it’s a fantasy colour combi.

KilowattHour

18/4/19
You both convinced me. I think it’s better at hand. And on the backside a spelling mistake matters less.
I do like the black one of the JB RM001, even though I know it’s a fantasy colour combi.
If you like it, go for it. I mean, even the gen itself might as well be a fantasy model, as so few of them were made that it's unobtainable :D
Plus, RM has made so many crazy designs and color combinations that it's impossible for anyone who's not supremely prepared to just outright say what's fantasy IMO. I think it's impossible not to be impressed with this watch, with how much it does right - and the movement is a freaking marvel. Both smoother rotating and longer lasting PR than the gen, and it's pretty quiet to boot. You can see my impressions in this thread - I did have some nitpicks too: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/richard-mille/7756747-rm001-v2-jb-factory-update/page7
Plus you'll see some ideas for strap replacements and mods there.