• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Z+F Titanium RM052 skull

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
The best quality RM052 so far... it feels very well made quality when on wrist.

131651ugim20mqmrngdffn.jpg

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Thanks for the picture and the video. What do you guys think? I think I would rather have the EURF smiling skull with high cheekbones, curved teeth, and essentially the wrong everything because it has an actual tourbillon movement and doesn't look much thicker than this ZF either?

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I am torn between this and EURF. Did anyone purchase the EURF? No one posted a single photo...

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
much better quality than EURF, but EURF is real tourbillon.

Thanks I just took a side by side and agree ZF is much better. No plans from ZF on tourbillon movements? Any idea when the ZF skull is being released?

Reactions: ywg

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Thanks I just took a side by side and agree ZF is much better. No plans from ZF on tourbillon movements? Any idea when the ZF skull is being released?

They won't use the tourbillon movement... too expensive and not very well made.

Last edited:

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
They won't use the tourbillon movement... too expensive and not very well made.

well... that gear behind the fake tourby looks so plastic aswell. Is this a first sample or already the final product?

Reactions: XLR8R

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Please keep in mind that the skull proportions are so completely off on the EURF because it has to accommodate the Asian Seagull movement. Since they still had to keep the spacing between the cutouts symmetrical and consistent, naturally the cheekbones are way more prominent, etc. One small change to the skull means all other proportions must be shifted as well, otherwise you'll have a lot of weird empty space.

More specifically, I think the placement of that forehead-area red jewel on the EURF is to blame for all of the consequent proportion changes. Because it's so high up, the forehead cutout had to be decreased and changed accordingly, this then consequently created too much room for the eyebrows, so the eyebrows had to be stretched and enlarged to accommodate, which affected the eyes, and then the cheekbones were left with the most space to absorb so of course they were enlarged and stretched quite a bit. Certainly with some more TLC you could massage the proportions more probably but obviously with greatly diminished returns anyway so it made sense to call it a day where they ended up.

No excuse for the rounded teeth though on the EURF. Maybe it was just easier to do with the tooling they had?

For the Z+F since I'm assuming it is far less complicated to decorate than a tourbillon, my expectations would be much higher for a proportional skull, etc.

Last edited:

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
i dont know if you can tell, but i've been waiting some time for this. time to go broke on watches again :)