• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Z+F Titanium RM052 skull

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
I thought I would never buy the RM 052, but after the 035, I thought I would give the Z+F a go and I have been really pleasantly surprised. You can fit the 035 straps as well onto it but because the watch is already so over the top in design, I think the black strap is probably the best option as it tones things down a bit! One other advantage about this watch, on the 035, the second hand sometimes struggles when running down hill and can, occasionally jump a second - which is a real tell, but as this has no second hand this is not a problem. If this had a moving balance wheel, it would definitely be the best RM rep by far, I’ll be interested to get your thoughts when you receive your watches.

Reactions: XLR8R

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks mate!

Hate to be one of those “can I see this angle, can I see that angle, can I see caseback” kinda guys... but any chance of seeing the Z+F 52 and the Z+F 35 next to each other for size and thickness comparison!

DC

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi DC, no problem at all, I will take some pics when I get home, it would be good for people to get a feeling of scale and quite a few now have the RM 035, so this would put things in perspective. I can say this, I only have a 6.75" wrist and it does not feel too big in the way a KVF RM 011 does! It is very comfortable.

Last edited:

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
This surprisingly looks amazing and not too over the top. Any chance you can also possibly give is the weight of the watch? Thanks!

Last edited:

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Here you go guys, I apologise for the quality of the pics, but its night time in the UK and the light is poor, however I think the comparison should give an idea of weight and size comparison to the RM 035. RM 035 is around 14.2mm thick.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Ty. What do you think is the better buy, the rm052 or the rm035 if you had to choose just one?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Now that is a question.......... the 052 is a very recent acquisition so we are still in the honeymoon period. If you want a conversation piece that gets noticed, you most definitely would want the RM052. If you want a sports watch that is just slightly under the radar (I did say slightly) the RM035. Having said that, having the pair is just perfect! Sometimes you need a watch that is more conservative, neither of these puppies fit that bill.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Here you go guys, I apologise for the quality of the pics, but its night time in the UK and the light is poor, however I think the comparison should give an idea of weight and size comparison to the RM 035. RM 035 is around 14.2mm thick.
Wow mate! That's some pictures! Really impressive that RM 035-02. It's really growing on me. Even though it's a bit "rough" and i'm more of a dress watch kind of person. But in all black with a black strap i think it would be really classy.

Reactions: aquamac

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Cheers aquamac , great pics and exactly what I was after.

It’s funny, up until recently 16mm was considered positively skinny in the rep RM world, and here we are with a 16mm RM looking chunky next to the slender RM035.

I’ve said it many times, but we’re in very exciting times for rep collecting if things carry on improving like this!

Here’s to more RM tourbillon reps in the near future, would kill for an RM009 with that lovely grey textured case finish!!

DC

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Cheers aquamac , great pics and exactly what I was after.

It’s funny, up until recently 16mm was considered positively skinny in the rep RM world, and here we are with a 16mm RM looking chunky next to the slender RM035.

I’ve said it many times, but we’re in very exciting times for rep collecting if things carry on improving like this!

Here’s to more RM tourbillon reps in the near future, would kill for an RM009 with that lovely grey textured case finish!!

DC

No problem DC, it’s great that we all share the same passion for RM’s and I too, cannot wait until some of the other improved RM reps such as the eagerly anticipated 011 come to fruition at a sensible thickness. Guess we’ll just have to wait until then.

Last edited:

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
NoN working real tourbillion, PASS!
waiting for rm-011, this is the one ZF should working on it first, if they do it good, will should look like gen!

Reactions: XLR8R

Seven7r

24/5/15
The Ceramic version is coming :)

WX20200106-155529-2x.jpg

WX20200106-155536-2x.jpg

Now that’s something I can get behind! The titanium version seems too bulky with the holes in the bezel.

I’d love a white ceramic one with the red or green skull! Hoping ZF start making those as well.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
NoN working real tourbillion, PASS!
waiting for rm-011, this is the one ZF should working on it first, if they do it good, will should look like gen!

Bro I spoke to ZF and he said he will not sell to you because you put down all his watches. Too bad for you, but luckily you can go out and buy the gen! Let me see the gen when you get it please.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Bro I spoke to ZF and he said he will not sell to you because you put down all his watches. Too bad for you, but luckily you can go out and buy the gen! Let me see the gen when you get it please.

Lol, who cares! Good luck with ZF!

And btw, I am gonna sold my rep watches, this rep game are just getting ridiculous by those major factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Lol, who cares! Good luck with ZF!

And btw, I am gonna sold my rep watches, this rep game are just getting ridiculous by those major factory.

We’ve never had so many great watches available with such high quality reliable movements and working complications, and of gen watches that I never thought would be repped. It’s such an exciting time to be a rep collector.

What’s so ridiculous about that?!?

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I would absolutely love it if factories actually did this, all the ridiculous criticisms I see of new releases by people!!

DC